Search found 43 matches

Return

by NotYourAverageNerd
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New members - you MUST post in here before anywhere else.

"I, John (NotYourAverageNerd), commit to working on my goals and taking myself seriously." Hey, im John, got into this stuff about a year and a half ago and took it as my top priority to GET FUCKING LAID and havent looked back since. Well not really ive looked back plenty but havent reversed course....
by NotYourAverageNerd
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New members - you MUST post in here before anywhere else.

bestmanican If you're in college now, *most* of them have a way to check out dslrs, usually from the art department, but often science/engineering/business schools will have some too. May also poke around "hackerspaces"/"makerspaces" or join a photography club, they'd probably have some to loan out...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NotYourAverageNerd - Everything I know about fat loss & gaining muscle

Not sure if I'm really in a position to do this, but fuck it here goes. In my "365 days of Tinder" thread, a bunch of people have complemented my body (thanks guys! I needed the ego stroke a little :) ), and asked what I'm doing to cut fat and build muscle. I don't really feel like I'm any kind of ...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A) EATING and MOVING Section 1: NOT EATING. If you haven't heard the expression "abs are made in the kitchen", now you have. It's true. Eating is more important than everything else combined, BY FAR. If you're not eating well, you will not look good. If you are eating well, you'll look at least pre...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Section 4: GOING TO THE GYM (for total newbies) As I said above, really all you need to do is SOMETHING, there is NO perfect set of exercises, as long as you're doing something reasonable, you'll be getting 90% of the results. If you're just starting out, there's a TON of beginner plans out there (...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Section 3: setting REALISTIC goals There's a lot of ABSOLUTE BS out there on what to expect. The bottom line is, if you thought the timelines for fat loss were long, you ain't seen nothing yet. Muscle growth takes time. Again, though, you'll get a little bit better every day . You'll have to wait t...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B) LIFTING HEAVY THINGS AND PUTTING THEM BACK DOWN Section 1: WORK. FUCKING. HARDER. So there's not really that much to say about this, but I'm trying to make sections that matter longer because there's a lot of tenancy to focus on things that don't really matter. When you're weightlifting, actuall...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Section 5: Food choices - healthy food vs good for fat loss So after teasing this in section 1, I'm actually going to start talking about choices of food now. I waited until now because ... it doesn't really matter that much for your results. The bottom line IS calories in = calories out, if you're...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Started moving this to a google doc this morning. Didnt realize just how long this is (40 pages!) Might actually make this an e-book or smth.
Also spell-checked it, and holy shit my spelling is bad, lol.
I'll post a link or pdf or smth for that soon!
by NotYourAverageNerd
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finished moving it to a google doc, I'll send it out as an e-book shortly
by NotYourAverageNerd
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Might actually make this an e-book or smth Do it. Ebook is super easy - just add a cover page, contents page, convert to PDF. Don't need any fancy layout or anything - the PDF you have now is good enough. Thanks dude! Gave it a name (The Low-Bullshit Diet) and put it up (for free) on Lulu: https://...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best return-on-time-invested

So I've been sitting on my ass too much with actually going and trying to get laid - I've been using my other goals (apartment, friends, tinder pics, working out) as an excuse to be "too busy" and not do it. Also getting kind of tired of getting nowhere/blown off on Tinder/Hinge/Bumble (haven't gott...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Try whatever you want to try and what you think will work I guess I was kind of overly wordy, I was asking what you think will work right now. I have absolutely no idea (especially now). Haven't done much cold approach, back when I had time in my life I started the aa program, but moved to a new ci...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went kind of OK. Not amazing, but did accomplish my goal of one live number. So my my main location and two backup locations were totally dead even though they were pretty well populated this time just a couple weeks ago. Maybe just that it's getting into fall? I dunno. IMG_20201022_165131.jpg IMG_2...
by NotYourAverageNerd
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard back from the numbers? Heard back from one of them (only got two numbers, so actually kinda surprised even one was real/texted back :) ), #4. Tried to set up plans for Friday but I was busy earlier, and she was leaving for a camping trip this weekend Friday night. She asked if I was free next...