Search found 34 matches

Return

by sundleboro
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by sundleboro
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toast's AA Journal

Hey Toast, I'm going to comment on your older stuff that I'm caught up with because I'm choosing not to look at the drills ahead of time. Makes it a bit more fun/manageable. There was one girl who I let pass by. I think I need new glasses/contacts because sometimes its hard for me to judge from a di...
by sundleboro
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TimmyTurner - AA Log

Come back Timmy, let's do this for real this time.
by sundleboro
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by sundleboro
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New members - you MUST post in here before anywhere else.

Hello everyone. I'm Bill, 25, from the United States. I'm an engineer and a wannabe entrepreneur. I'm becoming more and more interested in my ethnic spirituality and ancient philosophy. I am insanely ambitious and single-minded. I look younger than I am. I, Bill, commit to working on my goals and ta...
by sundleboro
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My COVID-19 Depression, & How I'm Fighting It

I have to say, the sheer amount of psychological adversity last year and this year so far has made me a bit more comfortable with doing my own thing and being my own person. Every "adventurer" has to go through a crucible, doing what they know is right while under duress (because of everyone around ...
by sundleboro
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Manganiello's AA Program

Dude I try not to look at the drills ahead of time, but so happy for you
Manganiello wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 am
I had knots in my stomach pretty much the whole day, it was hours of just uninterupted mild anxiety. It was exhausting.
Understand this pretty hard. Isn't it great? Lol
by sundleboro
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toast's AA Journal

Manganiello I don't think anyone's gonna get arrested over some high fives, or even kicked out of anywhere. I want to tell myself, "Go ahead, don't do it, you've got the only excuse in the world!" but I know it's just the natural anxiety talking. I like the "air five" idea. Tomorrow's my Day 14, so...
by sundleboro
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toast's AA Journal

@Manganiello Look out for tomorrow's log, new territory >:D

@Toast I've also noticed people stepping back a lot. It might just be a 2 hours of rejected high fives, but you know what, it'll be faster exposure for having your high five rejected, that's a big fear for a lot of people (including me).
by sundleboro
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How does it feel to consistently do things that scare you/things your first instinct tells you to avoid?

I'm a pretty "neurotic" guy, like a lot of us here probably. I've been doing the AA program. To get through it, you have to be willing to consistently face adversity (real or imagined) every day. That's the whole point. I've taken this approach to other things in my life too in the last year, where ...
by sundleboro
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Manganiello's AA Program

Dude congrats on the weight loss first of all. Lots of face gains. I know that bloated face, wrinkles-accentuated look that you had in the before picture; I had the same. Takes discipline to get to here, and that same discipline is showing up in your weight loss, it's showing up in your social freed...
by sundleboro
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toast's AA Journal

Hahaha "HEY HOW'S IT HANGIN'" I can't wait to do that one. Unfortunately I didn't read the drill properly, and did all of the interactions while acting gay. Hahahaha Good lessons. Lesson 1, do it. Lesson 2, don't not do it. Can't wait to see your high five experience tomorrow. You better do it. I'm ...
by sundleboro
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TimmyTurner - AA Log

So The timer went off when I asked someone the time lol I know that feeling hahah Going to have to rethink my deadlines for the AA program for the rest of the month. Are there no indoor places, shopping centers, malls, grocery stores you can be in? The thing with this program is to just do it every ...
by sundleboro
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toast's AA Journal

After the second day of high fives, I felt like I could do anything. Like go up to anyone and say anything.

I just read the prompt for Day 17. Hahahah this'll be fun
by sundleboro
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TimmyTurner - AA Log

TimmyTurner wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 pm
As for today, I don't know what it was but I couldn't get myself going at all.
Just have to build momentum. Do 5 days in a row, and you won't want to skip on the 6th. And if you do, force yourself to walk out the door and do it anyway. You'll feel better after the first set.