Should I keep my facial hair?

arcade_fireee
Goal: Higher-quality girls

Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:22 pm

I normally go with a completely shaved face (see avatar), but I read in one of Andy's articles that "99% of guys look better with facial hair", so decided to let mine grow out a bit. I've never liked how mine looks -- it's patchy, course, and lots of blonde mixed in which makes it look like "peach fuzz" especially at smaller lengths. There also seems to be a hint of red (my mom's a red-head).

IMG_2016.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg

Let me know if you think it actually looks good (maybe I'm just not used to it), tips for improving it, or whether I should just stick to my sexy-smooth clean-shaven face. Do I just need to grow it out more then trim it to a uniform length?

Regarding hair-growth products, I'm not really interested unless it will make me look significantly better over clean-shaven, which I'm perfectly content to stick with.

Oh, and here's another pic showing how in certain lighting, light reflects off my "blonde" hairs, which I think looks bad (click for higher-def version):
IMG_2003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chad_chaddington
Name: charlie
Goal: get laid
Motto: i love bad bitches thats my fuckin problem

Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:21 am

i think you look better in the clean shaved pic. maybe a very short stubble would suit you, but probably not more than a week without shaving. just my opinion
Suave1
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Hard work compounded pays off

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:35 am

Could you leave the slight beard stubble and take away your mustache? I think that would look great. Agree with Chad in that you should shave every 5-7 days.

You're a naturally good looking guy bro, you got this
Dewm
Name: Brady
Goal: Love Myself
Motto: Fuck Bitches Get Money

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:20 pm

I was a very slow gainer in the facial hair department. Hell I still can't grow sideburns to save my life. Over time it will come in easier. I never did any supplements or hair stuff. I would say really commit and give it a solid month of growth then evaluate from there. I know for me if I have to shave it takes almost 2 month before it looks good again. Keep trimming and shaping as normal; I suggest a small pair of scissors and a razor is all you need - keep that lip line clean for kissing and you're all good.
Goals
Love Myself
  • Finish my screenplay and make that movie.
  • Produce a comedy show that makes me money
  • Lose weight and gain muscle