First Tattoo

Slay
Name: Josh
Goal: Get Laid

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:15 am

Been thinking about getting a full sleeve for awhile now and I should have the funds available in the next 3 months.
For those with tattoos:
1) Should I start small then go for a sleeve?
2) Has it hurt employment chances of any sort?

Open to any other tattoo advice you may have.
boblikestacos666
Name: Anon
Goal: Fuck bitches. Get money

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 am

@Slay do you want to get the sleeve because you want to get the sleeve, or because you think it will help you get laid?

Every employer has its own biases, so personally I choose not to get it because it could hurt my chances.

I think that some girls like tattoos, but others don't. It's a hit or miss.
DNPTHC
Goal: Get Laid Again
Motto: Just Try

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:20 am

boblikestacos666 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 am
@Slay do you want to get the sleeve because you want to get the sleeve, or because you think it will help you get laid?

Every employer has its own biases, so personally I choose not to get it because it could hurt my chances.

I think that some girls like tattoos, but others don't. It's a hit or miss.
If you work a normal job. I wouldn't get anything you can't cover. Tattoos can really only hurt you as far as employment goes IMO.

Also, I typically recommend starting small when it comes to the first tattoo and something that's rarely visible I.E. shirt has to be off.

"Bring a long sleeve button down shirt to the tattoo shop and have the artist draw a cuff line where the shirt ends. Reach up and make sure they aren't visible when reaching up with a tucked in shirt on. It might be too high up your arm but it's up to you how worried you're gonna be about it."
Great advice. I did this.

As far as girls are concerned.... Every girl I've hooked up with has loved my tattoos... could be a lot of bias in that though haha. I'm sure there are plenty of girls who don't like tattoos/my tattoos.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:48 am

Id make the first one something that matters to you. Not critical but i think this helps

I got my first one done in Venice Beach CA and i remember being sat on the bank outside the shop like an hour before just sweating about it
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:37 am

And if you get something with no deep meaning to it, make up some silly story. Most girls will be disapointed if its just for looks sake.

In my case my first tattoo was made at tattoo fest - its nice and not expensive. But you may have trouble finding an artist that suits you.

The second one was small 'homemade' on my ankle, just for meanings sake.
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 am

GravyTrain wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am
Lostcause wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:37 am
And if you get something with no deep meaning to it, make up some silly story. Most girls will be disapointed if its just for looks sake.
I get asked what mine mean alot... alot have meaning, some are just dope shit me and my tattoo artist just dreamed up. I wouldn't lie about anything just tell girls the true story. Or just say it's a personal thing and you don't really tell people.

After all, you got the tattoo for yourself.
I respect your honest aproach! I also do not suggest lying (it might have sounded like this), but rather creating some meaning for the tattoo even if it wasn't created with the meaning.
I cannot agree with "you got tattoo for yourself" part tho. I mean, you might have done it for yourself. But there are people who haven't.
And I do not think it's wrong thing to do. Why would it be. It's not wrong to lose weight not for yourself, but for the others. It's fine getting shredded not for yourself, but the other. It's fine improving your style not for yourself, but the other. Then it's also fine to get the tattoo not for yourself, but the others.
It's my opinion.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:05 am

Im gonna get more just cool looking ones. My advice about meaning is more for the first one.
Slay
Name: Josh
Goal: Get Laid

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Appreciate the advice.

I have wanted to get one for some time and now that I'm independent the timing is right. And yeah, I'm only doing this because I want one, not for some ulterior motive like having girls stroke my tatted or arm or something haha.