What Jeans Do You Recommend?

Mav
Name: Mason
Goal: Level Up
Motto: There Is No Tomorrow

Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:54 am

Looking for a solid, comfortable jean brand to switch to. Have solely used Levi's because they look decent and are comfortable but I'm tired of them. The sizing is so inconsistent... I just ordered two 511's - both 30/29 slim jeans and one is two inches longer than the other somehow. What's the point of even having sizes, lol.

Does anyone have any recommendations. I don't mind spending a good bit on them but they need to have flex and be able to hold up longer than six months. My levi's usually tear in the crotch area quickly. Thanks!
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:31 am

H&M jeans have been pretty solid for me
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
Mav

Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:32 am

Squilliam wrote:
Looked at those but every single pair was ripped which I'm not a hige fan of. Will keep my eye open though next time I'm in the mall.
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:27 am

Mav wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:32 am
Squilliam wrote:
Looked at those but every single pair was ripped which I'm not a hige fan of. Will keep my eye open though next time I'm in the mall.
Yeah, I like the ripped ones. I never really thought of myself as the type of guy to wear jeans like that, but it's honestly a nice change from normal jeans.
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:52 am

Just go try a like 3 pairs of jeans and see what fit. Yeah fuck ripped jeans

Nudie jeans are prolly the best idk if you can get them where you live. Also come with lifetime repairs. Ie you get to actually make the cool rips and character.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:09 am

Boohoo skinny stretch

They cost like $16 and last for ages

Jeans are essentials, spend a minimal amount on them
DrJre
Goal: Lose weight
Motto: Let's go

Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:45 pm

Express slim fit have been good for me. Pricier than Levi's but if you get them on sale they end up being around 40 bucks and they have new stretch for ones. There's also skinny fit but those are way too tight on my thighs. Try them out
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:25 pm

I love the ones Radical recommended, booho skinny stretch. I can vouch for these being an amazing fit, feel and look.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Mav

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:34 pm

Radical wrote:
Boohoo skinny stretch

Problem is their shortest ones are a 30 length. Not sure what my actual length is seeing every pair of same size levi's seems to have a different length. I'll have to try them out though. Love skinny and slim stretch.
Hankins
Name: Hankins
Goal: Financial Independence
Motto: acta non verba; Deeds not Words

Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:24 pm

Mav wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:34 pm
Radical wrote:
Boohoo skinny stretch

Problem is their shortest ones are a 30 length. Not sure what my actual length is seeing every pair of same size levi's seems to have a different length. I'll have to try them out though. Love skinny and slim stretch.
Mav,

Short Answer:
Get used jeans on eBay with the exact measurements taken and photographed (not the tagged measurements). Compare the numbers with a pair that you already own and fits you well.

Long Rambling Answer:

Having inconsistent sizing in jeans is pretty common.

Even for the high end jeans, you're going to get variations from pair to pair. I wear Iron Heart, and their staff sends an email with the exact measurements of the exact pair they're sending you, making sure everything's up to snuff before the package is sent.

Most companies don't have Iron Heart's level of customer service (or charge anywhere near Iron Heart's prices!).

I recommend getting used off eBay. Your best bet is to measure a pair you have and compare that to the measurements the seller provides. Unfortunately, some sellers just list the item's tag measurements, not the actual measured measurements. Look for listings with photographs of the waistband and a tape measure in the shot. Ditto the inseam.

IMPORTANT: pretty much everybody has their own way of measuring jeans. Waist across, pulled tight / not pulled tight, thigh measurements at the crotch, or an inch below the crotch, etc.

The good news, the method for measuring the inseam is usually standard. The bad news, the inseam on the tag is usually not the measured inseam.

You can always order multiple pairs retail, and send back the ones that don't fit, but you could also order three pairs of the same size, and they'd all arrive with different actual sizes (while being tagged the same).

Free return shipping is your friend.
Hankins
Name: Hankins
Goal: Financial Independence
Motto: acta non verba; Deeds not Words

Sun May 01, 2022 9:17 am

Addendum to the above post ^.

Best option is to just go to any major store when they're having a sale and take a stack with you to the changing room.

Seriously, you'll notice that several pairs with the exact same tag size have different measurements. Grab every one on the shelf in the style you want and try them on.

All you really need is 1-2 pairs of jeans for a minimalist wardrobe. Just one pair if you're cold approaching in a high volume environment; you really can just wear the same thing every day. 2-3 pairs is all you need if you're dating and the girls' are going to see you multiple times.

Levi's is popular and the 511 model is popular, so they're going to be on sale and in abundance. Grab every one off the shelf and hit the changing room.

Good luck.
Mindset
Goal: Get laid & retain
Motto: The grass is greener where you water it

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:31 pm

Mav wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:54 am
Looking for a solid, comfortable jean brand to switch to. Have solely used Levi's because they look decent and are comfortable but I'm tired of them. The sizing is so inconsistent... I just ordered two 511's - both 30/29 slim jeans and one is two inches longer than the other somehow. What's the point of even having sizes, lol.

Does anyone have any recommendations. I don't mind spending a good bit on them but they need to have flex and be able to hold up longer than six months. My levi's usually tear in the crotch area quickly. Thanks!
This is an old thread but I figured I could still provide some value.

I work out frequently so my jean sizes have switched often over the years, making finding a well fitting pair of jeans almost impossible.
Someone eventually told me to have them made if I didn't like the sizes in stores. So that's exactly what I did.

Now I buy pairs of jeans or pants in a size that are close to what I need and I take them to my local tailor and he resizes them to fit me. It might cost me a tenner or so per pair of jeans. I go so often now that we're on a first-name basis.

Benefits:
- If you buy jeans that are one size wider in the waist than you usually wear and resize below the knee the crotch of your jeans will last longer
- You can ask your tailor to reinforce the crotch of your jeans with the material he uses to repair ripped jean crotches

I've done this with cheaper brands but quality ones I recommend are:
Nudie Jeans (nice quality, nice coloring on the darker ones)
Carhartt (nigh-indestructible these ones)
Wrangler (great durability as well)

Hope I could help you or any stranger passing by this post.
Log
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1894

Goals for December 31st 2023

Paid Dating Photography - 50% attention
1st Month of 4k w/ Dating Photography
KPI: 1 Photoshoot per week

144 Sales - 25% attention
79/144
KPI: 40-50 calls a day
Kurvam
Goal: Improve rotation

Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:04 pm

I have several pairs of Levi 511s, very good fit (slim fit) and comfortable jeans that tend to last quite a long while in my experience. I'm a big fan of black jeans when it comes to colour, i wear them 90% of the time.
Mav

Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:06 pm

Haven't logged in in awhile and just saw this. I switched to Hollisters from Levi and they have held up pretty well. They're cheaper, seem to be higher quality, and look decent. Only pair that hasn't lasted is the one distrassed pair I bought, whereas the skinny/slim ones are great. Levi 511's for some reason always tear within 3-6 months for me. Definitely need to work on my wardrobe still, especially for work.
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:01 pm

I'm bougie AF. Fan of Pure Blue Japan, Ironhearts, Momotaro, Naked and Famous. I have oddly shaped lower block and have huge problem finding thighs big enough with correct waist without having an absurd leg opening. PBJ and N&F are great for this, Ironheart and Momotaro aren't (IH are in general too wide overall and Momotaro too thin overall), but I found a couple that worked just right when trying them on.