New Outfit

Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:37 am

Looking for your opinion on a potential new outfit. Everything you see in this picture is mine apart from the jacket, which I liked but was a little to big for me. I want so accessorise a bit, get some silver chains and and a silver watch. I usually wear shirts, so red Vanns(Which I love) and street wear in general isn't what I'm use to,

The White shirt I like, but I think I need to get slimmer jeans, thoughts?

Also my hairs a mess, still waiting for barbers to open next week.
IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0702.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackBruh
Name: Jack
Goal: Slay demons

Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:55 am

+1 on the slimmer jeans, rest is pretty decent imo.
Goals
- Get better photos (✔, formal, group)
- Get a tattoo (✔)
- Get back to the gym (aiming for 80kg 10%) (1/2/3/4 plates ✔/✔/✔/80%)
- Work on location independant income so I can move countries (said fuck it and moved countries before the income)
skankhunt42
Goal: Getting laid

Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Personally I'm not keen on that jacket, if that's your style that's fine, to me though it looks like you're off on a safari expedition and doesn't really say "street wear".
Think about colour combinations too, keep it simple. Personally I try and allow just one item of my outfit to really stand out colour-wise, so that my outfit isn't some kind of random patchwork of colours and textures.
For example, red shoes are a big statement, I'd keep to neutral colours for the rest of my outfit if I was wearing them. Same goes for brown jacket. Which item is the hero today?

Go and follow "menwithstreetstyle" on Instagram, most of the outfits on there are put together really well (obv they look amazing cause the models are mostly ripped af) but it'll give you some good ideas.

Couple of brown jacket ideas:

Like you said, slimmer jeans are the go. Also you can't beat the white shirt + blue jeans combo.
Sin Silver

Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm

jackBruh wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:55 am
+1 on the slimmer jeans,
It was a shock at first getting use to tappered jeans, maybe it's time I gave skinnies a try.
skankhunt42 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:54 pm
For example, red shoes are a big statement, I'd keep to neutral colours for the rest of my outfit
I agree complelty, I put those shoes on and tried to build the outfit around them. I had just bought the white shirt to go with it, and just needed something else to go on top. I thought a neutral brown would work, but I didn't this particular color didn't quite work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skankhunt42
Goal: Getting laid

Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Sin Silver wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm
I put those shoes on and tried to build the outfit around them. I had just bought the white shirt to go with it, and just needed something else to go on top.
yeah I've never really worn red stuff myself so had to look up ideas to see what others are doing. Looks like most outfits with red sneakers tend to keep other items neutral (black/white), or they wear some kind of red top to balance things out which looks good too.

also about jeans, I find "slim" fit work well for me because my legs aren't built up enough yet, also sometimes you find "skinny-slim" sizes in some stores.
Sin Silver

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:50 pm

I
skankhunt42 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:20 pm
yeah I've never really worn red stuff myself so had to look up ideas to see what others are doing. Looks like most outfits with red sneakers tend to keep other items neutral (black/white), or they wear some kind of red top to balance things out which looks good too.
Red is really my color, so I'll try it with some of my red shirts too. It looks like new jeans are definitely on the menu!
Aloofus
Name: Justin
Goal: Help men
Motto: Acta Non Verba

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:10 pm

@Sin Silver How old are you?

I'm a bit older than a lot of guys here and my style is a but reflective of that. I'm a huge fan of RMRS.

With the pics you posted I wasn't a fan of the white shirt OR the jeans. I'm not sure if it's the particular fit or just the pics, but I thought it made you look chubby.

With both I would go just a tad bigger (I'd say form fitting ONLY if you have a good physique). I tend to go with an athletic cut, or sometimes slim depending on how it actually fits.
Sin Silver

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:19 pm

I'm 32, we have our ages below our avatars normally. I usually get away with form fitting cloths, but that jacket is a bit oversized. I am still working out and loosing weight, hoping to get a better form.
JamalHash123
Goal: Get to $1k ecomm income

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:48 am

Agreed with skankhunt42, the outfit you posted isn't masculine.

Light/medium wash jeans are generally not perceived to be masculine unless the jeans are ripped and/or paired with white t shirts in the summer.

Black/gray jeans are perceived to be the edgiest/most masculine. I don't like the jacket either, the color is drab and it doesn't do anything for you (doesn't structure yoru body, doesn't frame your face). If you insist on buying the jacket I would pop the collar.

I'm also not feeling the red shoes I would change them to white sneakers.

Personally I agree with the suggestions of just following the IG accounts @menwithstreetstyle and @magic_fox.

In terms of sex appeal, the only jackets I've found that really substantially increase sex appeal are dark bomber jackets, light blue or dark denim jackets with the collar popped, and black leather jackets.