Asking for feedback: Ideas to improve my style for the warmer seasons (pics inside)

Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:41 am

I really want to improve my style, the goal is a mature, masculine, semi-chick and attractive style. I'm currently not satisfied with how I dress and think that I could use it to get something out of my appearance.

What I am posting here is supposed to be about spring, summer and fall.

I like to keep it simple, nothing crazy, natural neutral colors, nothing flashy. White, black, light and dark grey, dark blue, maybe beige and that's it. All clothes in a slim fit, but of course not too tight that it crumbles. I have been working for many years, I want to show it and not hide it.
I would rather own fewer, perfectly fitting, quality clothes than 10 H&M shirts for $7.99.

What do you think of my idea, first here are pictures of me and then my fashion ideas, with pictures. Does that suit me and my phenotype?

Shoes
White Air Force 1s, light brown Chelsea Boots

Pants
Chinos and Jersey Pants in black, "beige", grey and dark grey. No normal jeans, maybe for casual activities, just like shorts.

Shirts
Simple, no bog logos, slim fit in grey, white, black, "tan", dark grey, maybe dark green

Polos
2-3 for work

Office Shirts
regular shirts, plaid shirts, denim shirt for work and special occasions, dinner etc

Jacket:
Light bomber jacket or light leather jacket in black or dark blue:

Accessories:
silver automatic watch, good sunglasses, maybe a bracelet

Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Kratos
Goal: Be Happy
Motto: Do the work

Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:57 am

You've got the right ideas. I go for this style too.

Dial in the fit and it's a home run.

I get a lot of my inspo from WellBuiltStyle on twitter/instagram
Vamos

Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:50 am

Kratos wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:57 am
You've got the right ideas. I go for this style too.

Dial in the fit and it's a home run.

I get a lot of my inspo from WellBuiltStyle on twitter/instagram
Thanks a lot, i'll check it out
Mindset
Goal: Get laid & retain
Motto: The grass is greener where you water it

Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:52 pm

I really like this style. I have the same style more or less.
It's clean, yet shows you care about the way you look.

I have some personal recommendations you might like as well:
UNIQLO U AIRISM COTTON OVERSIZED CREW NECK T-SHIRT - This might be the best quality t-shirts I've ever bought and I've been complimented on them a bunch of times. They're super affordable as well, though I don't know if they're available for you outside of the EU.

Edit: I should mention, the t-shirts are oversized and you buy them 1 size smaller than your normal size, fold the arms and theh look fantastic.

I follow a couple of fashion influencers who generally recommend these styles, but recommend pieces a little bit out of the box so you can get (just a little) crazy with your style sometimes.
Jose Zuniga - a younger guy, well dressed and has some more relatively out there out fits (for the older guys at least).
Alex Costa - also a younger guy, if you want to know about consistently dressing stylish look at this guy (I also enjoy the effort he puts into his instagram reels.
There's also Alpha M. or Aaron Marino on youtube who is a bit older and recommends less youthful pieces, but he's not that different from the other two.

All three have youtube channels, as well as instagrams.
If you've been on the self improvement train for a while you've probably come across them.
Hope I could provide some value for ya.
Last edited by Mindset on Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Log
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1894

Goals for December 31st 2023

Paid Dating Photography - 50% attention
1st Month of 4k w/ Dating Photography
KPI: 1 Photoshoot per week

144 Sales - 25% attention
79/144
KPI: 40-50 calls a day
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:08 pm

Linen shirts, pants, and trousers are a nice way to mix things up.
Get some variations on the basic tshirts. Henleys, popovers, etc. Fit on these is more important than anything.
Don't be afraid to spend some money on quality footwear and outerwear. They last a long, long time and give you a lot of options. I went overboard here and it really paid off.
There is nothing wrong with jeans and shorts, you literally do need them in certain scenarios where chinos and the like don't make sense. You can have your cake and eat it too when you combine jeans/shorts with good footwear. I'm a big fan of the newer performance fabric / utility shorts and pants that look like chino pants/shorts. Lululemon has some amazing chino short facsimiles that you could take to the gym and squat in. Removes one of the biggest drawbacks to wearing them.
Dressing well is not the same thing as dressing up. Don't make that mistake. Overdressing *all* the time makes you look tone deaf, weird, and nothing else. You can dress up more than other people in situations where they are obviously dressed down because they're lazy bums - events, eating out for dinner, etc. Wearing slacks to the beach makes you look like a serial killer though.
Also, some flash is fine. I don't do street style crazy shit, but your entire wardrobe should not be neutrals. Have some loud statement pieces you bust out. Everyone I know that have none are boring AF. Oxblood double monks, blue suede loafers, exotic leather belts and wallets, there are ways to make a statement without looking childish.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:56 pm

I'll go in order to keep it simple.

I don't like the first t-shirts colour. If you're trying to get a bigger variety of colours I'd start with red and light blue, those are more summer colours.

I wouldn't go for air maxes at your age, nice leather sneakers are better or maybe even consider leather boots for when it's a bit colder

Beige pants are sexy for something inbetween formal and casual, they look very nice with a white (linnen) shirt
You can rock beige shorts and not look like a dad if you add some edge with accessories, that's an option you might consider because beige fits with most skin types

That grey pants is amazing! I have the same and also one in black, you can even wear this in autumn.

Mixing up t-shirts is never a bad idea. Like Zug said: feel free to experiment with henleys and other types.

I'm not super big on polos but they can work. Personally I only have a white Ralph Lauren one. I do believe that you need a polo of a high status brand to pull it off.

Shirts are ideal to be better dressed than the rest, but not overdressed. Try out linnen shirts as well. They are annoying to iron which is their biggest issue.

I've never seen anybody look worse in a black leather jacket before, this is an essential piece in your wardrobe. I wear one in biker style, however your selected choice is currently more in fashion. A biker is a bit more timeless I'd say so consider that.
Not too big on bombers. People claim they're an essential piece but I've never seen somebody wear a bomber jacket and be like "Wow that's an amazing jacket".

Find sunglasses that suit your face shape and don't wear something crazy over the top that's trending right now. Celebreties wear these crazy things and a very select few people can get away with them however they would still look better with standard ones.

Yes get some accessories. This is pretty personal hence I don't like to give too much advise on them.
Hedon
Goal: Lays + Income
Motto: Make your own luck...

Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:51 pm

Vamos wrote:
I really want to improve my style, the goal is a mature, masculine, semi-chick and attractive style. I'm currently not satisfied with how I dress and think that I could use it to get something out of my appearance.

I like to keep it simple, nothing crazy, natural neutral colors, nothing flashy. White, black, light and dark grey, dark blue, maybe beige and that's it. All clothes in a slim fit, but of course not too tight that it crumbles. I have been working for many years, I want to show it and not hide it.
I would rather own fewer, perfectly fitting, quality clothes than 10 H&M shirts for $7.99.

What do you think of my idea, first here are pictures of me and then my fashion ideas, with pictures. Does that suit me and my phenotype?
Hey man, your idea on the overall look is good and on the right direction but I would say some of your examples showcase pieces that are fairly basic and can be improved.

White Air Force one is a good idea but stretching to something like Common Projects Achilles low would make a difference. It's really worth spending more money on footwear and outerwear.

Light brown Chelsea boots in that 2 tone style you showed are kinda out of style right now imo, they were more of a thing 2014-2015ish in the era of SLP and Story Et Fall, I would recommend medium-darker brown Chelsea boots in suede, take a look at those from From The First or Grensen Declan.

In terms of pants, going for trousers instead of jeans is good but those beige chinos you showed just give teacher/average guy vibes, The dark grey pants look great and is the kind of pants you should be wearing - go for wool/wool-mix pants not cotton chinos. Scandanvian brands like Cos, Our Legacy, Acne Studios do these type of pants really well.

Plain slim fit t-shirts in white, black, etc is good but in the example you showed Abercrombie t-shirts. Abercrombie isn't really much of a vibe anymore and you're better off going for completely unbranded unless you're wearing a in brand like Vivienne Westwood with the orb logo. For plain good quality t's, John Elliott are ideal or Uniqlo supima cotton at a lower budget.

Jackets are a big one for winter. In my opinion it's really worth investing money here. All Saints do great jackets and coats and depending on the weather and your budget I really think its worthwhile picking up something like a Canada Goose piece. They have black label now where the logo is all black. Smarter coat, parka and bomber jackets are good pieces. A good real Shearling jacket can look insane aswell.

The leather jacket you showed I'm not convinced about. You really don't want to wear a leather jacket that looks cheap and unless you spend $500+ it probably will do - again I would look at All Saints for these and go for a double rider biker jacket style.

The accessory examples look good imo.
2023 GOALS

- 40 new hookups (Current 50/40)
- Scale Service biz (Done)
- 83kg 12% Bodyfat
Vamos

Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:34 am

Hedon wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:51 pm
Vamos wrote:

Hey man, your idea on the overall look is good and on the right direction but I would say some of your examples showcase pieces that are fairly basic and can be improved.

White Air Force one is a good idea but stretching to something like Common Projects Achilles low would make a difference. It's really worth spending more money on footwear and outerwear.

Light brown Chelsea boots in that 2 tone style you showed are kinda out of style right now imo, they were more of a thing 2014-2015ish in the era of SLP and Story Et Fall, I would recommend medium-darker brown Chelsea boots in suede, take a look at those from From The First or Grensen Declan.

In terms of pants, going for trousers instead of jeans is good but those beige chinos you showed just give teacher/average guy vibes, The dark grey pants look great and is the kind of pants you should be wearing - go for wool/wool-mix pants not cotton chinos. Scandanvian brands like Cos, Our Legacy, Acne Studios do these type of pants really well.

Plain slim fit t-shirts in white, black, etc is good but in the example you showed Abercrombie t-shirts. Abercrombie isn't really much of a vibe anymore and you're better off going for completely unbranded unless you're wearing a in brand like Vivienne Westwood with the orb logo. For plain good quality t's, John Elliott are ideal or Uniqlo supima cotton at a lower budget.

Jackets are a big one for winter. In my opinion it's really worth investing money here. All Saints do great jackets and coats and depending on the weather and your budget I really think its worthwhile picking up something like a Canada Goose piece. They have black label now where the logo is all black. Smarter coat, parka and bomber jackets are good pieces. A good real Shearling jacket can look insane aswell.

The leather jacket you showed I'm not convinced about. You really don't want to wear a leather jacket that looks cheap and unless you spend $500+ it probably will do - again I would look at All Saints for these and go for a double rider biker jacket style.

The accessory examples look good imo.
Damn, thanks a lot for your work, I greatly appreciate that!

I actually didn't buy any chonos, but now I wear these semi-dress pants (I have no idea what they're called) and black jeans almost exclusively. Since it is currently winter, I usually wear a turtleneck in black/dark grey.

I also got away from the Abercrombie/small branded shirts and now only wear basic H&M slim fit shirts.

Would you go along with the statement that shoes define an outfit and make it or break it? For this reason I want white clean sneakers (not teenager style) and probably black chelsea boots for the warmer season. I think that puts you in a solid position for almost everything.

What do you think about colors? I think, for example, that tops look good on me, especially in black, dark beige and shades of gray, I can only wear white when I'm very tan in summer.

By the way, here is a leather jacket that I bought. 180€ how do you like it? I've already gotten a few compliments on it.
E7693933-9E08-45A8-8F2F-61ACA42AF7D9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hedon
Goal: Lays + Income
Motto: Make your own luck...

Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:26 pm

Vamos wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:34 am
Would you go along with the statement that shoes define an outfit and make it or break it? For this reason I want white clean sneakers (not teenager style) and probably black chelsea boots for the warmer season. I think that puts you in a solid position for almost everything.

What do you think about colors? I think, for example, that tops look good on me, especially in black, dark beige and shades of gray, I can only wear white when I'm very tan in summer.

By the way, here is a leather jacket that I bought. 180€ how do you like it? I've already gotten a few compliments on it.
Hey man I would say shoes are important but its the upper half which makes or breaks the outfit imo not shoes. All white sneakers and black chelsea boots are definitely a great choice of footwear.

I personally think sticking to black and grey on top is ideal. Especially in terms of adding edge, wearing black and grey definitely adds more edgy in terms of it's effect on girls. Colours apart from this I don't think work too for most people aiming to hook up with lots of girls. Colours can work well, for example in hypebeast streetwear outfits e.g. combining red Off White sweatshirt with black Prada Sport body bag with red patch logo but I wouldn't really recommend this stuff unless you want to spend a lot of money.

The jacket itself you showed does help add sex appeal and the fit is decent but imo as mentioned above you would be better off spending some more money and getting a piece from All Saints or Bodaskins. Biker style is also a 'cooler' leather jacket than this style of jacket.
2023 GOALS

- 40 new hookups (Current 50/40)
- Scale Service biz (Done)
- 83kg 12% Bodyfat
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:38 pm

Looks good - make sure it fits and you're golden.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again