Looking for haircut/hair style advice

oopswrongtimeline
Goal: Get laid lol

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:24 am

This is something I honestly have little clue about. I've just been kind of growing it out but I figure this doesn't really work and am looking for any advice on what kind of haircut I should get, or potentially styling my hair a different way. If you need any details or have any questions I'd be happy to answer, any help is appreciated!
marked_3.jpg
marked_2.jpg
marked_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oopswrongtimeline

Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:00 pm

Bumping this, still looking for any opinions or advice, thanks!
Mimbe393939
Goal: Learn Japanese

Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:06 pm

Look into getting a fade, type in like low skin fade, mid skin fade, low taper fade, there are many kinds. Or find a picture of something you'd like to a barber to re-create. I suggest going to a barber that specializes in it, I get my haircut every 2 weeks. If you get a fade, after 2 weeks it doesn't look as nice you need to keep going consistently, you will do whatever it takes if you are dedicated about being the highest SMV you can be.
MY STORY - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1423

PUBLIC PROGRESS LOG - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1430

Difficulty shows what men are. Epictetus
The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going. Epictetus
oopswrongtimeline

Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:50 am

Mimbe393939 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:06 pm
Look into getting a fade, type in like low skin fade, mid skin fade, low taper fade, there are many kinds. Or find a picture of something you'd like to a barber to re-create. I suggest going to a barber that specializes in it, I get my haircut every 2 weeks. If you get a fade, after 2 weeks it doesn't look as nice you need to keep going consistently, you will do whatever it takes if you are dedicated about being the highest SMV you can be.
I've looked into fades a bit, and I think maybe I want to try a low taper fade or something along those lines, nothing too crazy yet, I think it could work. Thanks for the help man!
AspiringMaleStripper
Goal: Have 5 active plates
Motto: I keep getting older, they stay the same age

Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:45 am

Bro my advice to you is find a badass salon in the biggest city around you and pay $80 or whatever it is for a proper haircut from a real stylist. A stylist is gonna be able to run their hands through your hair, examine the shape or your face and head, and suggest some looks that are suited for you. There is no way anyone on here could give you anything but the most generic advice with those bad photos and a big blacked out visage.
Jamgoth
Name: James
Goal: Get laid (1/100)

Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:09 am

AspiringMaleStripper wrote:
Bro my advice to you is find a badass salon in the biggest city around you and pay $80 or whatever it is for a proper haircut from a real stylist. A stylist is gonna be able to run their hands through your hair, examine the shape or your face and head, and suggest some looks that are suited for you. There is no way anyone on here could give you anything but the most generic advice with those bad photos and a big blacked out visage.
What's your advice for finding a good stylist? I google "Hair Stylist" and the good ones show up alongside the generic hair-cuttery places.

For reference I'm trying to get mine to look like Jesse Pinkman

But I don't know what products I need.
AspiringMaleStripper

Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 am

Jamgoth wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:09 am
What's your advice for finding a good stylist? I google "Hair Stylist" and the good ones show up alongside the generic hair-cuttery places.

For reference I'm trying to get mine to look like Jesse Pinkman

But I don't know what products I need.
Stylist will tell you how to do the style with the product you need. Note that pinkman has fine Northern European hair which lends itself to the messy look. May or May not work for you, I don’t know.

Just google salon and pick the one that looks the fanciest, it’s not rocket science. Keyword is salon, and make sure they have a men’s department. Shouldn’t be a problem if you’re in the city.
Jamgoth

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:03 am

Stylist will tell you how to do the style with the product you need. Note that pinkman has fine Northern European hair which lends itself to the messy look. May or May not work for you, I don’t know.
For reference I'm Spanish/Cuban on my dad's side (but like, he's still white? It's hard to describe, but if you looked at him you'd think white and not Latino) on my mom's side I'm Irish/German.

What hairstyle would you recommend for me? You see my profile picture. To be honest I'd love to go for a Henry Cavill in The Witcher vibe, but brown hair instead of white, but I'm not buff enough to pull that off, so, for the time being, I'm considering short hairstyles. I don't know what to do except intentionally messy like Jesse Pinkman. Currently I have it parted in the middle
AspiringMaleStripper

Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:01 am

Jamgoth wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:03 am

For reference I'm Spanish/Cuban on my dad's side (but like, he's still white? It's hard to describe, but if you looked at him you'd think white and not Latino) on my mom's side I'm Irish/German.

What hairstyle would you recommend for me? You see my profile picture. To be honest I'd love to go for a Henry Cavill in The Witcher vibe, but brown hair instead of white, but I'm not buff enough to pull that off, so, for the time being, I'm considering short hairstyles. I don't know what to do except intentionally messy like Jesse Pinkman. Currently I have it parted in the middle
Hey, so I'm not a stylist and I can't really see the shape of your face properly from your picture, so I'm gonna have to give you sort of generalized advice. I would get a tapered fade on the back and sides, and then keep the top somewhat long. Basically the longer it is up top, the more stylish/pretty boy you are. The shorter on top the more masculine and military you look. Go with what fits your vibe. I have fine hair so it looks really damn good with a bit of product rubbed around to give it the messy look, accented with the sharpness of the buzzed sides and back. I really don't think you can go wrong with this style, and then once you get comfortable seeing yourself like this you can play around to modify it how you like. Your hair should shape your face, so the details will be unique to you. I try to keep the "upper sides" (not the side, not the top, but the rounded edge between them) longer for me cuz it accentuates the angle of my face. I'm naturally a bit more feminine looking so I tend to keep the top shorter to balance out the masculine/feminine, but I also look damn good with the hair longer on top doing the pretty boy thing. Play to your strengths. Cheers and good luck!

EDIT: About Henry Cavil - I would say don't. In my opinion you can only pull off long hair if you're ripped and you already have a strong sexual energy about you, otherwise you'll just look like a feminine dork. I tried to grow my hair out during the pandemic and it was a NIGHTMARE. That guy has really thick hair so it looks nice. I wanted to do the viking hair (can't remember the show name, but its like shaved sides with a thick pony) and my hair just isn't thick enough to pull it off. And i looked like an absolute dork for a year + trying to grow it out. I would highly advise you against trying that style unless you've got 2 years to throw away not trying to look your best on the slight chance that it might look good.

Here is a quick shitty photo of myself so you can see. The short sides and pushed up front of the hair elongates my face. You'll see I'm different from pinkman in that he has a big ass forehead and his ears don't protrude. My ears stick out in a way that I enjoy, and the short sides help accentuate that. It's all just playing around and seeing what works for you. Hopefully this helps you demonstrate why I can't give you any specific advice and maybe gives you some ideas on how to evaluate your own face. This is why hair stylists can really help you out - it's their job! (And i'm talking about EXPENSIVE stylists, not some dumb barber or fat chick who works at great clips)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jamgoth

Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:44 am

Yeah, I realize I can't pull off super long hair but maybe in the future. I guess for now I'll try a pretty boy look.
ilyawein14
Name: Ilya
Goal: Get Laid more often
Motto: There is beauty in the struggle

Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:05 am

Hey Champ!
I can't stress enough how much I agree with @AspiringMaleStripper

I used to shave my head fully until I decided to let the hair grow (after I read andy's guide) - Damn the simple change with the propper cut can make wonders.
Just like in any proffession - the proffesionals know better what to suggest and how to give you that edge and with the right haircut it's extremely noticeable.