What are some of your favorite fragrances/colognes you guys own?

Camtheman
Name: Camren
Goal: Lose Virginity

Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:28 am

Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:16 am

Go on ebay and get some samples. They're super cheap and they don't run out easily

I have one called sexy ruby by Michael kors, and it's amazing. Technically for women tho lol

Pancake said he likes Dior sauvage
Last edited by Squilliam on Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
twonightstander
Goal: Become "that guy"
Motto: The only easy day was yesterday

Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:25 am

I use Stronger With You from Emporio Armani. Have received multiple compliments from women about it
Goals completed (2022)
AspiringMaleStripper
Goal: Have 5 active plates
Motto: I keep getting older, they stay the same age

Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:59 pm

I used to use Jean Paul Gautier (classic) because it was light and fresh. I used it for like 10 years because I didn’t know any better. Stopped because I found it to smell too much like baby powder.

Now I use the coach scent (blue?) and I like it a lot, and have gotten a few compliments, but not as many as I would like. It’s kind of heavy and sweet.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:28 pm

Squilliam wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:16 am
Pancake said he likes Dior sauvage
I have tried the following:

BVLGARI MAN IN BLACK
Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum
M7 Oud Absolu 2015
Jean Paul Gautier Le Male
Rasasi Al Wissam
Montblanc Explorer

None of them have come close to Dior Sauvage. If Dior was my 10/10, the others are 5/10 max. Dior just has incredible sillage, strength, and fits my aesthetic perfectly.

P.S. "compliments" is a bit of a meme in fragrance communities. The consensus is that the amount of compliments one receives is not really that correlated with how good the scent is. Compliments are very situational and are often based on if the woman finds you attractive. I've received like one or two compliments ever in years of wearing cologne, and my job is literally to interact with hundreds of different women a week.

P.P.S. eBay has banned decants/samplers. You'll have to use Google Shopping. However, before even investing in that, I would go to a department store and just ask to smell different scents to even figure out which you want to buy a decant of.
Last edited by pancakemouse on Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AspiringMaleStripper
Goal: Have 5 active plates
Motto: I keep getting older, they stay the same age

Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:04 pm

pancakemouse wrote:
None of them have come close to Dior Sauvage. If Dior was my 10/10, the others are 5/10 max. Dior just as incredible sillage, strength, and fits my aesthetic perfectly.
I've heard that Sauvage is an excellent scent, and it's even more so popular after the Johnny Depp trial. I'll have to check it out, but I'm curious how you feel about wearing such a popular scent? Personally I love it when a women has a distinct smell that I only associate with her, so I am imagining women may tend to feel similarly when it comes to men.
pancakemouse wrote:
P.S. "compliments" is a bit of a meme in fragrance communities. The consensus is that the amount of compliments one receives is not really that correlated with how good the scent is. Compliments are very situational and are often based on if the woman finds you attractive. I've received like one or two compliments ever in years of wearing cologne, and my job is literally to interact with hundreds of different women a week.
That's interesting. I would agree that when a woman finds you attractive, she'll probably also be more likely to like the way you smell and compliment you. My experience with my current cologne was actually only one guy friend saying he liked it and his girlfriend smelling and agreeing. When I used to wear Jean Paul Gautier though I got a TON of compliments, like maybe 1/3 times I would wear it. I don't know, that was like 10 years ago though. I think it smells way too girly now that I'm in my 30's, but anyhow, I received a lot of compliments on that one and not my current cologne.
Maverick
Goal: Discipline

Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:26 pm

Camtheman wrote:
Carved Oud is my personal favourite. Reflection Man and Dior Homme Original come second.

For you I suggest testing Sauvage EDT as a general scent and Stronger With You if you are into sweeter scents. Young girls seem to like both of them and they are pretty safe nowadays. Sauvage is very common in my area. If it is uncommon in yours, that would be a big plus. In 2015/16 it was new, unique and a real stunner.

Don't blind-buy and test each scent at least twice before buying.
Kratos
Goal: Be Happy
Motto: Do the work

Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:10 am

Dior Sauvage is a panty soaker.

Have also had compliments from YSL La Nuit De L'Homme, and Dior Homme EDP.
bluewater
Goal: build muscle
Motto: Let no one say I didn't try my best

Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:14 am

The ones I've tried and like so far:
CH prive
bleu de chanel
Cr. Aventus
Stronger w/ you

But it seems from this thread that I should try Dior sauvage next
Last edited by bluewater on Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manly Cockfellow
Goal: Become the men I fear
Motto: Mk no smll plans; thy hv no pwr to stir mens blood

Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:39 pm

I used to drive Uber/Lyft on weekends, and I would always spray the car with Teakwood Mahogany from Bath and Body Works right before passengers got in. The reactions women would have to that smell were insane.

Now granted, many were drunk, but I've heard everything from "it smells like man in here" to "you smell amazing" to "I feel like I'm in an Abercrombie store" to "someone's getting laid tonight" to "it smells like a whore in here" to "is that Teakwood Mahogany? that's my favorite!!" many, many times, to "your car smells SOOO good" several dozen times, all over only a couple hundred rides.

My theory is that it's a manly smell that women are already familiar with, because they already have the candle or room spray, and though I've never asked anyone about this, I imagine many women react strongly to it because it's something they've smelled while home alone masturbating, which means they associate it with being turned on and feeling pleasure. Even if this is not true for most women, it certainly is true for a few just based on how many women get in my car and can name that scent by smell alone!
Holden
Goal: Rotation

Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:08 pm

Big fan of Dior Sauvage in the summer but too many girls started to recognize it and I don't like that. I prefer it when I have a fairly unique scent girls can associate with me.

CH Men Privé is my go to when it's not extremely hot outside and I'm wearing a leather jacket.

Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb when it's cold out.
Laycount: 100

My Log

Primary goal:
- Rotation of three girls (DONE)
- Regular threesomes (DONE)
- A foursome
Maverick
Goal: Discipline

Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:06 pm

Manly Cockfellow wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:39 pm
"I feel like I'm in an Abercrombie store"
The original Abercrombie scent woult be Fierce from 2002. Is A&F still a thing? How old are the girls who had original Abercrombie experiences back in the 2000s and 2010s? 30+?

Original Fierce is weak nowadays.
If I wanted to revive the girls' A&F memories I would test #Fierce by Dua Fragrances.
Montblanc Legend (normal and Intense) is cheap and close to the original. For me it's too synthetic and piercing. I only smell metallic. Girls liked it and identified it immediately as "the A&F scent" :lol:.
Percival by Parfums de Marly is higher quality, very expensive and imo not worth it.
Camtheman wrote:
For you maybe a light hearted, young and not overused scent like First Instinct Man by Abercrombie & Fitch. It is safe, still has some unique features and I haven't smelled it often. You could wear it for the next five years.
spencers94
Name: Spencer
Goal: Accept myself fully
Motto: Life won't wait, act now.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:08 pm

Camtheman wrote:
I really like Spice and Black Vanilla by Cremo. It’s not too expensive and smells great IMO
If you pair it with the Fig scented Harry’s body wash, you’ll smell like the candyman
2024 Goals:
-Get a higher paying job by June
-Move out of parent's house by June
-Fill remainder of arm with tattoos (full sleeve)