High end watches - opinions on their impact on SMV/Biz?

Hedon
Goal: Lays + Income
Motto: Make your own luck...

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:57 am

Hey guys recently I've been getting more into watches and picked up a Swiss TAG Heuer chronograph watch at a great price used but in new condition.

What are your thoughts on the benefits of wearing a more expensive watch in terms of hooking up with girls? Do you feel like it changes for a designer watch v Swiss and do you think it could actually be worse in terms of placing yourself into 'boyfriend material'?

Also in terms of business/networking/client acquisition anybody who's noticed a positive ROI from wearing a luxury watch?
2023 GOALS

- 40 new hookups (Current 50/40)
- Scale Service biz (Done)
- 83kg 12% Bodyfat
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:29 am

High-end watches only make a difference for people that actually know stuff about watches. Girls really only know about Rolex and yes it will attract them, however not for the reasons you want. People who were these expensive watches are also more expected to have fancier dates, although not always.

My advice is to pick a watch that looks really clean and suits your style. It's better to have a watch that looks good and expensive than it is to have an expensive watch that doesn't resonate with normal people.

https://www.yourwatchhub.com/certina/ce ... ronometer/

I'm rocking this watch right now. It's a medium-prized watch, the colors really pop and the symbol of the globe fits my personality of someone who travels often and is adventurous.
klondike
Goal: Drop to 205lbs

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:44 pm

In the finance industry, yeah I think it does.

People come to work from all kinds of different backgrounds: ethnicities, religious upbringing, etc. But when you find that slight commonality of, "Is that an Omega? No it's a Rolex, blah blah", there is that mark of recognition that you belong to a certain class.

With girls, I have no idea---but women do love shiny things.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:14 pm

Agree with Kratjeuh

@Hedon

I recommend you start a log around your specific goals rather than one off threads such as this btw

We try and discourage this sort of thing and rather you have a log and change the title to make posts like this
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:21 pm

Hedon wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:57 am
Hey guys recently I've been getting more into watches and picked up a Swiss TAG Heuer chronograph watch at a great price used but in new condition.

What are your thoughts on the benefits of wearing a more expensive watch in terms of hooking up with girls? Do you feel like it changes for a designer watch v Swiss and do you think it could actually be worse in terms of placing yourself into 'boyfriend material'?

Also in terms of business/networking/client acquisition anybody who's noticed a positive ROI from wearing a luxury watch?
Same as shoes most girls won't notice -- the girls that do notice / give you a compliment are going out of their way and would compliment you on something else instead.

Bigger impact would potentially be if you feel extra good / ballsy wearing your dream watch or w/e
Radical

Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:25 pm

Nah girls in my experience are way more clued up on shoes

Especially if they are primarily sneaker girls

Granted i have 'mens style consultant' in my tinder bio so its screening some in
MFbag
Goal: Get rich as fuck
Motto: Knowers know

Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:31 pm

I got a rolex oyster but its stainless steel and not that flashy. I do think it helps somewhat with girls but this is also balanced out by my fear that theyll steal it at 3am when im asleep after bringing them home and fucking them. I also dont really know shit about fashion so defer to the experts here
LGTM
AskTheDom
Name: Mario
Goal: Coach
Motto: Alea iacta est

Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:56 am

expensive watches are like big muscles, only dudes come to you and make you a compliment about that.

If you are into that, cool, it's a great way to network with HNWI, but for SMV, it's a complete pass
Mario "The Dom" Tubone
Your Dominance coach - I help Men becoming more confident and competent both inside and outside the bedroom

MY WEEKLY PODCAST: https://rb.gy/8u2e1z
dvnt
Goal: A relationship

Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:46 am

Buy a high-end watch that's being traded on the grey market, for example on Chrono24. Sign up there and you'll get to see how the value for each watch has developed over time too. People keep buying these $500 random brand watches that end up being effectively worthless as soon as you walk outta the store with them, TAG is an okay choice on a budget as they have many models that hold their value over time, or even increase slightly in value over time.

Watches are beautiful accessories and generally compliment your style, but they're like fancy cars in the sense that most people expect to get laid with them but end up instead getting just heaps of male attention. There ARE exceptions to this, however, the Lamborghinis of the watch world, ie. AP Royal Oaks which stand out so much that you'll randomly attract gold diggers who've memorized that these watches are generally $50k and up.

In business though watches are a great conversation piece, and can demonstrate a certain level of success but won't ever alone open any doors for you.
Hedon

Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:27 am

Radical wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:14 pm
Agree with Kratjeuh

@Hedon

I recommend you start a log around your specific goals rather than one off threads such as this btw

We try and discourage this sort of thing and rather you have a log and change the title to make posts like this
Perfect, okay man will do so.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts, looks like most agree watches are more of a ‘guy’ thing and so maybe more beneficial for biz rather than girls.

It’s true about the shoes being more important for girls lol, it’s insane the amount of girls I’ve met who told me how they judge a guy by his footwear and how much of a turn off bad shoes can be.
2023 GOALS

- 83kg 12% Bodyfat
Radical

Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:44 am

I look forward to reading a log of yours tbh, seems like you achieved a bunch already and it’d be good to see what you want to do next
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:48 pm

They don't care tbh and 99% won't notice the watch. I know someone who wears a real Rolex, he says almost nobody notices, especially women. Many will also think it's fake unless you're rich af. If someone doesn't make more than 5-6k net per month + owns good material goods in other areas, it's cringe anyway.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Striker
Goal: Lose fat

Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:29 pm

I've had a Tag for the last 3 years or so. It's a 'high-end' watch in some senses but really only something that girls know like a Rolex or a Patek matter. The only compliments i've ever had on my watch has all come from guys and even then it's like 3 compliments total across 3 years.

A Tag will not make an appreciable different in any way, 99.9% of girls don't know the brand.

Get it because you like it, not to impress others because a Tag won't work for that
arcade_fireee
Goal: Higher-quality girls

Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:57 pm

I'm about to treat myself to a two-tone Cartier Santos watch for my 30th bday. Not for girls, but because I want it.

But I am also targeting more elegant/boujee girls these days, many of whom will know Cartier and will be impressed by the piece. But again, I'm not doing this for the girls.

Depending on what type of girls you're going for, stuff like this gives you a non-trivial boost at least in a place like Los Angeles.
Hedon

Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:27 pm

arcade_fireee wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:57 pm
I'm about to treat myself to a two-tone Cartier Santos watch for my 30th bday. Not for girls, but because I want it.

But I am also targeting more elegant/boujee girls these days, many of whom will know Cartier and will be impressed by the piece. But again, I'm not doing this for the girls.

Depending on what type of girls you're going for, stuff like this gives you a non-trivial boost at least in a place like Los Angeles.

Yes since I made the post I've worn the watch in night game and 100% girls have noticed it, a few have tried to guess if I'm in 'real estate' or something lol.

Nice one man! Cartier Santos is a great watch and deffo a elegant piece. You're right though, higher end girls do absolutely love Cartier
2023 GOALS

- 83kg 12% Bodyfat