Take 2.

Aloofus
Name: Justin
Goal: Help men
Motto: Acta Non Verba

Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:01 am

Going to a cigar, whiskey, tapas dinner night type thing tommorow. Here's what I was planning on wearing. Appreciate the feedback from the last one, this is more of the look I'm wanting.

Dark blue jeans, slim fit white shirt, newly altered jacket, brown boots and belt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DNPTHC
Goal: Get Laid Again
Motto: Just Try

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:15 am

the only thing would be better-fitting jeans in my opinion. they seem a little long and baggy
Aloofus

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:49 am

DNPTHC wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:15 am
the only thing would be better-fitting jeans in my opinion. they seem a little long and baggy
Those are 34/30, 32s are uncomfortably tight. I tried to do the side view to show the fit in my thighs a bit better. They ARE looser down in my calf's, those are standard cut.

@chado
I don't feel like my physique is ready for form fitting quite yet. Neither the shirt or pants are really baggy, going a size smaller would look absolutely like I'm wearing too small.

For comparison here's without the coat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DNPTHC
Goal: Get Laid Again
Motto: Just Try

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:16 am

Oh you might need to lose weight before you really start shopping for clothes then.

I would suggest a tapered leg.

Either way weight loss might be the priority here. Clothes will fit really well once you’re in shape.
Aloofus

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:02 pm

DNPTHC wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:16 am
Oh you might need to lose weight before you really start shopping for clothes then.

I would suggest a tapered leg.

Either way weight loss might be the priority here. Clothes will fit really well once you’re in shape.
No doubt, and I'm already on it down 8.5lbs since I started cutting. I'd gained about 25 lbs over 3 attempts to quit smoking . Even though I'd gained weight I've kept lifting and kept my protein up. I definitely wouldn't fit in these clothes when I was this weight before. I think I may start a log here to finally have a 6 pack by 40.

The only thing I actually bought was the jacket (was on clearance, so only $50).
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:03 pm

Kind of a mistake a lot of guys make starting out is trying to do everything on the cheap

You should be prepared to invest and spend on quality pieces if you are going to take your style seriously

Once you know what you are doing though you can build a wardrobe in quite the Spartan fashion with a small actual number of items but all are fashionable, well fitted and can be mixed
benstrong26
Name: Ben
Goal: Get to 15% Body Fat

Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:56 am

I think stylistically your outfit is fine for the occasion, but to me the fit on the jeans looks off in the photo. They look like they are bunching up at the knees which is making your legs look funky.

You might need to look at a different brand of jeans. Personally, I like Revtown jeans because they have an athletic cut that looks good on me but still allows me freedom of movement.
Aloofus

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:37 am

@chado I'm really not opposed to that kind of stuff. It's more that I LIKE looking like a classy older guy. Granted I have a damn baby face, so might be able to pull off dressing a bit younger. In any case I think my current wardrobe is a step up from the typical 35+ dude that wears super baggy t shirts and jeans (on my date the other night 90% of the dies at the bar were wearing sport team t shirts and gym shorts). My temperament is actually more reserved so that why I think conservative type dress is more "me". All of what I've show are clothes I currently have too.

I'll go shopping once I've cut a bit more.

@Radical Yeah I don't mind spending for quality. Just so happened I saw the navy jacket on clearance, so figured it would be a good addition.
JamalHash123
Goal: Get to $1k ecomm income

Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:04 am

@Aloofus I'm going to be nitpicky because menswear is my passion

Good effort but I think this can be improved

Also, you said you liked a well dressed classy style. Seriously go to youtube.com/hespokestyle and watch every one of his videos. He has your complexion, is ealry 40s is around your height (I think he's 5'9), and has an incredible dressy-but-still-sexy-style that works great IMO for older men

He even has a video precisely on wearing a blazer with jeans, as you are doing:

I also think you can put some product in your hair but I'm also aware that there's a bit of thinning going on so I'm not sure how vialbe that is

1. As noted by @DNPTHC the jeans need shortening and tapering
2. You're wearing a suit jacket but you're trying to pass it off as a blazer/sport coat. I can tell that this is a suit jacket because of the more structured shoulders (the more structure/padding in the shoulder, the more formal a garment). For something as casual as jeans, I would've worn a sport coat that is more casual, with softer/no padding in the shoulders, patch pockets, and a more casual fabric like a hopsack weave wool (I can't tell what fabric the blazer is, but I suspect it's a worsted wool. It's fine to wear a worsted wool blazer with jeans, it's a very preppy Brooks Brothers looks, but those sorts of blazers usually also have contrasting brown or gold/brass buttons).
4. Shirt sleeves can be shortened a tiny bit, maybe around an inch or so
5. Jacket sleeves need to be shortened an inch, so that some shirt cuff shows. Your tailor should've picked up on that.

The jacket itself looks fine. Nice high gorge, nice width on the lapels. I'd keep the jacket and buy a pair of matching pants made of the same fabric so you have a nice suit.
Aloofus

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:31 pm

@JamalHash123 Thanks, I'm definitely going to check out that channel!

And by all means nitpick away! I posted for feedback, and as long as I'm moving in the right direction I'm pretty happy.

I do use hair paste, the second set of pics was at the end of the day (after work and doing some running). I am thinning a bit in the front, but not enough to shave my head or anything yet I think.

I'll definitely try on some pants with taped legs when I do get some new ones.

I ended up NOT wearing that, it was too hot out yesterday. That coat is pretty heavy. Here's the coat itself, which it said is supposed to be a casual wear.

https://www.menswearhouse.com/p/joseph- ... ZiEALw_wcB