What do you think of the so-called “old money style”?

Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:36 pm

"Old Money Style" for men is characterized by a traditional and timeless approach to fashion and lifestyle. It emphasizes the use of high-quality, classic clothing items that exude sophistication and restraint. This style often includes well-tailored suits, shirts, and sweaters in muted colors such as navy, gray, beige, and white, along with classic accessories like leather shoes, leather watches, and leather belts. It's not about faking luxury, but rather a certain dress code.

Examples:

Last edited by Vamos on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Red
Goal: Get to the top 1%
Motto: You get what you tolerate

Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:43 pm

I think chicks love this and it looks fucking awesome.

If it fits your personality than I would say this is one of the best ways to dress.
Vamos

Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:49 pm

Red wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:43 pm
I think chicks love this and it looks fucking awesome.

If it fits your personality than I would say this is one of the best ways to dress.
Same here to be honest. If you can pull it off, i think it's the best way to dress as an adult male. It looks like the typical italian style and italian men are famous for being very well dressed.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:37 pm

It's great, but with the following caveats:

1. It only works for guys with certain bodies and face shapes.
2. It only works for guys who rotate in certain social classes (or else it's incongruent).
3. It attracts a specific (though rather broad-reaching) archetype and age of woman.
4. If you're just normal or slightly above average-looking, you'll be provider-framed/put in the boyfriend box. Anyone above this in looks (which both of you are) will escape this.
5. It only works in certain locations. This kills in Milan but in Boise they're gonna look at you like you're a weirdo.
Last edited by pancakemouse on Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vamos

Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:09 pm

pancakemouse wrote:

2. It only works for guys who rotate in certain social classes (or else it's incongruent).
3. It only attracts a specific (though rather broad-reaching) archetype and age of woman.
4. If you're just normal or slightly above average-looking, you'll be provider-framed/put in the boyfriend box. Anyone above this in looks (which both of you are) will escape this.
5. It only works in certain locations. This kills in Milan but in Boise they're gonna look at you like you're a weirdo.
As always, good points from you, thanks!

1. Yeah, guys like for example Wayne Rooney can't pull off this style (former english soccer player, you're from the USA so you probably don't know him).

2. Yes, this definitely excludes certain women, lower educated classes for example. This is generally an interesting topic. This is generally an interesting topic. The relationship between attraction and socioeconomic class or "visual class".

3. What do you think the age group archetype would be?

4. Yes, as is often the case, appearance sets the frame for a lot of things.

5. That's also true, in central/northern and southern Europe you can dress like this, but you can't in Eastern Europe. That would probably also be weird in small German towns or villages, generally in the provinces.
No idea about Boise. Looks more provincial, right? At least that's what it looks like on the map.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:30 pm

Vamos wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:09 pm
pancakemouse wrote:

3. It only attracts a specific (though rather broad-reaching) archetype and age of woman.
As always, good points from you, thanks!

1. Yeah, guys like for example Wayne Rooney can't pull off this style (former english soccer player, you're from the USA so you probably don't know him).

2. Yes, this definitely excludes certain women, lower educated classes for example. This is generally an interesting topic. This is generally an interesting topic. The relationship between attraction and socioeconomic class or "visual class".

3. What do you think the age group archetype would be?

4. Yes, as is often the case, appearance sets the frame for a lot of things.

5. That's also true, in central/northern and southern Europe you can dress like this, but you can't in Eastern Europe. That would probably also be weird in small German towns or villages, generally in the provinces.
No idea about Boise. Looks more provincial, right? At least that's what it looks like on the map.
1. Sir, I'll have you know that Wayne Rooney is a household name in America.

3. For girls within a very narrow old money archetype, any age. But this is 0.1% of girls, in America at least. Maybe 1% of girls in NYC because there's lots of old money here. In general though, girls 24+ of most basic archetypes would be attracted to this, in the United States at least. 18-23 are looking for an edgier, trendier guy.
Last edited by pancakemouse on Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:23 pm

Old money is an amazing style but it has a lot of practical drawbacks

1. This style is hyper in trend which means that the competition is very high. Pancake makes a good point that you need to be above attractive to not be a beta. Give it a couple months and you need to be way above average for the same results.

2. It’s hella expensive to just try out. If you have the money sure, but if you’re not rich, it stings if you get a piece that’s just not it.

3. It’s a nightmare to wash all these damn shirts, especially the linnen ones. You’ll either spent a lot of money or time making sure these clothes stay neat.
Vice
Goal: Hit 190 lbs

Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:26 am

@pancakemouse nailed it.

It screams provider. Not edgy. It also seems extremely tryhard in my opinion.
Vice's Log (Threesomes, military adventures, online dating shitshow, and shaking off the rust from night game: viewtopic.php?t=739
Vamos

Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:38 am

kratjeuh wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:23 pm
Old money is an amazing style but it has a lot of practical drawbacks

1. This style is hyper in trend which means that the competition is very high. Pancake makes a good point that you need to be above attractive to not be a beta. Give it a couple months and you need to be way above average for the same results.

2. It’s hella expensive to just try out. If you have the money sure, but if you’re not rich, it stings if you get a piece that’s just not it.

3. It’s a nightmare to wash all these damn shirts, especially the linnen ones. You’ll either spent a lot of money or time making sure these clothes stay neat.
I'm not sure, could it be that you were from Switzerland? At least here in Germany, almost no one walks around like that, Germans are generally extremely poorly dressed. I got the inspiration because I was in Italy in May and France in September and men there were much better dressed, more along the lines of the style mentioned. The trend among young people in Germany is currently oversized and baggy basic clothes, large prints, something you don't see in the other two countries.
Vice wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:26 am
@pancakemouse nailed it.

It screams provider. Not edgy. It also seems extremely tryhard in my opinion.
Yeah, the examples above look a bit tryhard, that's true :lol: . I'll maybe look for better ones for other people who might see the thread. Actually it's just classic traditional Mediterranean men's fashion in certain colors.
By edgy you probably mean the style that most people here on the forum go for? Leather jacket, accessories. Rocker, bad boy, fuckboy style?
foducossy42
Goal: Hot girls + FFM

Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:15 am

pancakemouse wrote:

3. It attracts a specific (though rather broad-reaching) archetype and age of woman.
Curious if this is a style I can wear then. I hired a personal stylist a while back and bought a lot of clothes from him that fit this aesthetic.
My log & learnings for online dates
My Telegram log for your daily dose of shitposts

Goals for 2024:
- Gym consistency
- Apply to jobs
- [DONE] Threesome

Lay count: 37, 11 in 2024
Vamos

Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am

foducossy42 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:15 am
pancakemouse wrote:

Curious if this is a style I can wear then. I hired a personal stylist a while back and bought a lot of clothes from him that fit this aesthetic.
I saw some of you pics, you can pull it off. Btw how much did you pay for a personal stylist in London? I had the same idea yesterday
Holden
Goal: Rotation

Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:49 am

I'd say it only works if you're in the Mediterranean, good face, and a decent amount of muscle mass.

You can always add edge with tattoos, rings, necklaces. That's not really the problem imo.

it's more that it screams "Nice, France" and not "Cologne, Germany" or whatever.

Girls are dressed like absolute shit btw, wearing oversized pants and sweaters. I've also noticed more and more girls put up an "ugly" pic on Tinder on purpose where they try to look as bad as possible because it's probably ironic and quirky or whatever. A huge amount also putting stuff like "if you wear skinny jeans, swipe left" on their bio.

I've been thinking myself on how to evolve from the edgy fuckboy outfits as I'm nearing 30. I don't want to be 35 and dressing like a punk rocker. I'm slowly but surely adding more blazers and button-up shirts to my style and while it's very effective so far I have a feeling that girls in the 18-21 y/o range don't vibe with that as much. I don't want to dress like these zoomer guys tho lmao
Laycount: 110

My Log

Primary goal:
- Rotation of three girls (DONE)
- Regular threesomes (DONE)
- A foursome
Vamos

Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:08 am

Holden wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:49 am
Girls are dressed like absolute shit btw, wearing oversized pants and sweaters. I've also noticed more and more girls put up an "ugly" pic on Tinder on purpose where they try to look as bad as possible because it's probably ironic and quirky or whatever. A huge amount also putting stuff like "if you wear skinny jeans, swipe left" on their bio.

I've been thinking myself on how to evolve from the edgy fuckboy outfits as I'm nearing 30. I don't want to be 35 and dressing like a punk rocker. I'm slowly but surely adding more blazers and button-up shirts to my style and while it's very effective so far I have a feeling that girls in the 18-21 y/o range don't vibe with that as much. I don't want to dress like these zoomer guys tho lmao
That's true haha, many women explicitly use completely degenerate pictures with ugly facial expressions, e.g. with a bottle of wine, a joint and their pants down in the toilet, not kidding, that's not uncommon in my city.

I'm still unsure how an adult, masculine, classic style affects young women. So far, despite being over 30, I have zero problems with young women (elt's say below 23). Here in Germany most men over 30 look like teenagers when it comes to their clothing style, really no difference at all. But I want to progress visually and not dress like an over-30 yo clown just to impress some 19-year-old.
But I have no idea if that's really the case. In the end it's often just about one thing: Do you look hot or not.
Holden
Goal: Rotation

Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:15 am

In my experience as of late I get hotter girls, but less of them. But I think that might just be the polarizing effect of my age itself, not necessarily due to my style. Some girls simply go crazy for well-dressed older guys and other girls just want an edgy fuckboy of their own age.

I'm still tweaking and experimenting though. Honestly I think that as time passes I'll just get into actual suits, add some rings for edge, open up a few more buttons than strictly socially acceptable. Another thing is I don't want to go to "young people" parties anymore -- I want classier venues and classier girls.

New territory for me though, so take all of this with a grain of salt.
Laycount: 110

My Log

Primary goal:
- Rotation of three girls (DONE)
- Regular threesomes (DONE)
- A foursome
AskTheDom
Name: Mario
Goal: Coach
Motto: Alea iacta est

Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:17 am

pancakemouse wrote:

Agree especially on point 4. - I would say at least needs a counter balance
Mario "The Dom" Tubone
Your Dominance coach - I help Men becoming more confident and competent both inside and outside the bedroom

MY WEEKLY PODCAST: https://rb.gy/8u2e1z