What do you think of the so-called “old money style”?

foducossy42
Goal: Hot girls + FFM

Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:46 am

Holden wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:15 am
just get into actual suits, add some rings for edge, open up a few more buttons than strictly socially acceptable
Hahaha literally my picture. I don’t wear suits day to day but holy shit I really love that grey suit/black shirt combi. Got the suit from my stylist. One tip from him was to wear interesting colours for suits, don’t wear black/navy because it’s too normal. He’s a dating coach as well, not same gay stylist, so he knows his shit when it comes to fashion that attracts women.

Edit: no offence intended to gays. I really don’t care what you get up to. I just meant that he is a stylist who focuses on males attracting females, not just for you to look good in general.
Speaking of…
Vamos wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am
I saw some of you pics, you can pull it off. Btw how much did you pay for a personal stylist in London? I had the same idea yesterday
I paid £850 for the full wardrobe styling service and blew £3500 on the clothes — this covers turtlenecks, shirts, rings, necklaces, a cuff, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of jeans, 7 pairs of trousers, my denim jacket and leather jacket and a few other things. I have a second session (covered in the 850) for the winter styling and expect to blow another £1000 on winter stuff like coats and jumpers and maybe a boot or two.

Btw I have found that uttering to girls the words “my personal stylist” is a DHV and a DLV at the same time. They think it’s awesome that I care about my style. But they sometimes wonder if I was dressing poorly before — I have to explain that I was dressing well, but my stylist elevated it and saved me a lot of time shopping for new clothes. (This is true. I was going on dates and getting compliments on my style by girls before I even hired my stylist — one of those girls is a beauty pageant finalist.) I think that explaining that my time is more valuable than money is also a DHV, just need to do it in a subtle way. Not that you should get a stylist just for this, but if you do it’s a bonus.
My log & learnings for online dates
My Telegram log for your daily dose of shitposts

Goals for 2024:
- Gym consistency
- Apply to jobs
- [DONE] Threesome

Lay count: 37, 11 in 2024
AskTheDom
Name: Mario
Goal: Coach
Motto: Alea iacta est

Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:05 pm

foducossy42 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:46 am
Btw I have found that uttering to girls the words “my personal stylist” is a DHV and a DLV at the same time. They think it’s awesome that I care about my style. But they sometimes wonder if I was dressing poorly before
I would be scared to death actually by another thing: being putted in the provider bucket and having to "date, dinner and drinks" instead of "let's fuck in the handicapped people toilet after a shot of tequila at a seedy bar"
Mario "The Dom" Tubone
Your Dominance coach - I help Men becoming more confident and competent both inside and outside the bedroom

MY WEEKLY PODCAST: https://rb.gy/8u2e1z
foducossy42
Goal: Hot girls + FFM

Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:24 pm

AskTheDom wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:05 pm
I would be scared to death actually by another thing: being putted in the provider bucket and having to "date, dinner and drinks" instead of "let's fuck in the handicapped people toilet after a shot of tequila at a seedy bar"
Yes shows of wealth can lead to that and I have been concerned about it too. Yet it is an attraction trigger in women and just very interesting — also potentially a pull reason. (Haven’t needed it, but “wanna check out the clothes my stylist bought me?” Is probably a good reason given that girls who do come back “for a drink” ask me to show them the clothes.) So I think the value of this has to be balanced against the risk of being put in the provider bucket. I have not had a problem with this yet. I will keep writing date logs as they come and we can see if this starts becoming a problem.

Personally I take them to a super chill area for drinks, nothing fancy, food market vibes. So that may balance out the provider vibes. I pay for the drink though but maybe I’ll have to stop doing so to set the right frame.

The dates I’ve been on where I got laid were pre-suit-picture. I’m interested to see if the suit picture for new matches and new dates affects their expectations.
My log & learnings for online dates
My Telegram log for your daily dose of shitposts

Goals for 2024:
- Gym consistency
- Apply to jobs
- [DONE] Threesome

Lay count: 37, 11 in 2024
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:11 pm

Thx a lot @foducossy42 for your insides!

The issue of the provider role has come up more often here in the topic.
I think that there is fundamentally no problem if a woman sees provider qualities in a man. This is definitely a male attribute and one part (of many) for attraction. BUT it's a problem when it's the ONLY attribute of a man. The avergae Joe without any plus points/edges and just provider qualities is a beta provider, yes. A well-dressed Chad who has both feet in life and could provide is a Chad who has his shit together. As with so many things in life: It depends.

You can think what you want about the Tate brothers, but here is an interesting conversation about it. Even if you don't see things that way, it's an interesting topic. It all depends on what “caliber” of man you are and things are perceived completely differently.

I also agree that you need something edgy about you and it could be bad to be completely "clean". This can be achieved with small accessories. The right sunglasses (the French and Italians have a really good sunglasses game) e.g. Ray-Ban Wayfarer (I prefer the lite version), Aviator or the Persol 649 (sadly it doesn't fit on my nose) are good models for this. Otherwise just the right watch, bracelet, necklace, possibly rings. Not too much and not too little. Maybe tats, i dont' wan't them yet. And few muscles never hurt. And most importantly the way you behave, speak etc.

Bonus:
My game is 100% directly or indirectly online (like probably many people here). I even pull women I meet in real life to my Instagram because I have built up a good profile. Here, in addition to status, lifestyle, looks, you can also show a certain kind of edginess.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Vamos

Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:44 am

I added this video to the starting post. I think he shows the style quite well and the examples look extremely good, not too extreme.

Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:26 pm

Having money or showing wealth backfires when you use it to open, use it as an identity, or don't have other compelling masculine traits that exceed it.

Also, there is a huge difference between being a provider and being a pussy. Girls ARE attracted to providers when the guy is an actual man. You can counteract all but the most diehard gold diggers with frame control, social skills, and good boundaries.

A girl knowing in her gut that you're a guy that can and will show up to save her in a genuine emergency makes her wet, not disgusted.

I didn't get my shit together just so I could more effectively pursue a life of selfishness and endless hedonism.

Too many guys are scared of being responsible. That's why they avoid growing up. Fuckboi isn't a final destination.
Vamos

Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:04 pm

Zug wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:26 pm
Having money or showing wealth backfires when you use it to open, use it as an identity, or don't have other compelling masculine traits that exceed it.

Also, there is a huge difference between being a provider and being a pussy. Girls ARE attracted to providers when the guy is an actual man. You can counteract all but the most diehard gold diggers with frame control, social skills, and good boundaries.

A girl knowing in her gut that you're a guy that can and will show up to save her in a genuine emergency makes her wet, not disgusted.

I didn't get my shit together just so I could more effectively pursue a life of selfishness and endless hedonism.

Too many guys are scared of being responsible. That's why they avoid growing up. Fuckboi isn't a final destination.
True words, unfortunately the name of the style triggers such topics for sure in a community like ours. "Old money" sounds a bit cringe tbh, it could also be called "Mediterranean style" or "classic Mediterranean chic". The look is the same, just the reaction to the words is different.
Hedon
Goal: Lays + Income
Motto: Make your own luck...

Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:17 pm

This look can deffo put you in nice guy/boyfriend material/non player category. Guys I know who dress like this generally do significantly worse with girls than the guys I know dressing more edgy - most preppy dressing guys I know only have real sexual options through a committed relationship.

For this to work certain elements of your phenotype have to be a certain way, for example I wouldn't recommend a blond and light eye guy to dress in this style unless they're going for a job interview. If you already have edge (dark hair, short hair, tattoos, muscular) this style can work for you but in the right environment.

When I want to dress smarter I've found there's ways to do it whilst still retaining edge, for example sticking to colours like black and grey and choosing the fit to accentuate physique. Like a slim fitting black smart shirt with grey check wool pants and some black suede loafers.

This all also depends on your environment, I'm guessing for someone playing passport bro game in Asia or latin America it could be beneficial in bringing in leads (but also could attract girls trying to withold sex and lock you down if they think you have money).
2024 GOALS

- 50 new hookups (Current 17/40)
- Scale Service biz
- 12% Bodyfat then Bulk with PT