fashion / hair advice (also specifically for headshot photo)

brohankwon
Name: Yohan
Goal: 2-3 plates

Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:41 am

Hey guys,

A while back I started somewhat experimenting on my hair and fashion. Now I'm trying to figure out what would be the best one as a headshot photo - would appreciate further advice too if [brutally] needed!
IMG_6128.jpeg
IMG_5139.jpeg
DSC01923.jpeg
definitely without sunglasses
IMG_6195.jpeg
IMG_5622 Small.jpeg
IMG_5349 Small.jpeg
IMG_5132.jpeg
definitely will not use gloves hahahaha
IMG_6203.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:44 am

Least hated one for me is side part with fade, but the version you have is way too "salaryman". The other haircuts make you look dirty and gross. Take the side part with fade, but sharper fade, part line shaved in, use some pomade/gel/etc. One place where it looking more tryhard pays off.
GN44
Name: GN
Goal: Get a quality gf
Motto: If you pity yourself, life is an endless nightmare

Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:40 am

Stay away from that flat top. That and the bowl cut are like the dorkiest least masculine cuts you can have as an asian man.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=5 ... =594&dpr=2

A lot of these guys have longer hair so maybe also grow it out in the meantime. If you want more specific advice ask ur barber what would look good for your faceshape.
"Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life becomes an endless nightmare" - Osamu Dazai
brohankwon

Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:42 am

Zug wrote:
Least hated one for me is side part with fade, but the version you have is way too "salaryman". The other haircuts make you look dirty and gross. Take the side part with fade, but sharper fade, part line shaved in, use some pomade/gel/etc. One place where it looking more tryhard pays off.
Unfortunately I forgot* these 4 photos for some reason…

Would you mind pointing the picture that you’re referring to? And in terms of the fade, if I understood correctly, should I go for 2mm instead of my usual 3mm? I’m also not so clear on the “part line shaved in” :)

Appreciate it man!

*= rather meaning that it wax 2am and was dying to go to bed right away xD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brohankwon

Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:44 am

GN44 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:40 am
Stay away from that flat top. That and the bowl cut are like the dorkiest least masculine cuts you can have as an asian man.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=5 ... =594&dpr=2

A lot of these guys have longer hair so maybe also grow it out in the meantime. If you want more specific advice ask ur barber what would look good for your faceshape.
The past few times I’ve asked for everywhere short (especially fade) except for the front, where I would use the gel. Perhaps I should rather only cut the sides while grow everything else?
Hedon
Goal: Lays + Income
Motto: Make your own luck...

Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:56 am

Really not a big fan of the middle/side part hair style on you, it's definitely not ideal for online dating at least.

The top of the hair down with a fringe actually looks pretty and gives you some edge. If you want to keep it that way I would get the fringe cut in a more deliberate way though - looking at male model fringe haircut styles for inspiration and taking to your hairdresser would be ideal.

Honestly though for your phenotype I think trying a longer buzz would be ideal. A 4 on top and 2 sides and back doesn't look too 'thug' or anything but I think would work well on you and also help to take away any stereotypes of asians being less masculine etc.
2024 GOALS

- 50 new hookups (Current 17/40)
- Scale Service biz
- 12% Bodyfat then Bulk with PT
brohankwon

Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:00 pm

Hedon wrote:
Really not a big fan of the middle/side part hair style on you, it's definitely not ideal for online dating at least.

The top of the hair down with a fringe actually looks pretty and gives you some edge. If you want to keep it that way I would get the fringe cut in a more deliberate way though - looking at male model fringe haircut styles for inspiration and taking to your hairdresser would be ideal.

Honestly though for your phenotype I think trying a longer buzz would be ideal. A 4 on top and 2 sides and back doesn't look too 'thug' or anything but I think would work well on you and also help to take away any stereotypes of asians being less masculine etc.
Do you mean 4mm on top and 2mm on the sides & back?

Tbh, I'm not sure if the bangs (if that's what you mean by the "top of the hair down with a fringe") fit well for me -- at least I don't feel like a "fuck yeah" yet.

I just had a thought in mind, and wondering if the attached photo changes anything -- pretty much all short, I think.
Hedon
Goal: Lays + Income
Motto: Make your own luck...

Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:53 pm

brohankwon wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:00 pm
Hedon wrote:

Do you mean 4mm on top and 2mm on the sides & back?

Tbh, I'm not sure if the bangs (if that's what you mean by the "top of the hair down with a fringe") fit well for me -- at least I don't feel like a "fuck yeah" yet.

I just had a thought in mind, and wondering if the attached photo changes anything -- pretty much all short, I think.
Hey man, I meant a 4 guard (13mm) on top and 2 guard (6mm) sides and back - I think a longer buzz, even for example maybe 3-3.5 guard on top would work well. Yep it was the bangs I meant with the fringe, I think it works fairly well on you and it its pretty popular look for male models but the bangs need to be cut in a certain way so they look deliberately styled.

In terms of the new photo, it is for sure a good haircut and but if your goal is to maximise your SMV that style isn't ideal. Looks too professional and nice guy which although is great in the office, isn't so great in regards to girls.
2024 GOALS

- 50 new hookups (Current 17/40)
- Scale Service biz
- 12% Bodyfat then Bulk with PT
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:44 pm

brohankwon wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:42 am
Zug wrote:
Unfortunately I forgot* these 4 photos for some reason…

Would you mind pointing the picture that you’re referring to? And in terms of the fade, if I understood correctly, should I go for 2mm instead of my usual 3mm? I’m also not so clear on the “part line shaved in” :)

Appreciate it man!

*= rather meaning that it wax 2am and was dying to go to bed right away xD
This one for sure. Also the first karaoke photo in the og post.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again