No idea about fashion, store / brand recommendations needed for new atractive outfits

ThePhoenix
Name: Nicklas
Goal: Get laid?

Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi everyone

As a guy that knows next to nothing about styling and fashion. I wanted to ask where to start.
I'm looking for which stores to go to, to get t-shirts some form of pants and nice jackets and accessories.
It would also be really nice, if someone could recomment any specific brands of clothing I should check out, so I have a kind of starting point / idea of what I'm looking for.

My goal with this is to use it to get better results on online dating apps and for something to wear in general.

I'm from Denmark, if that makes any difference to which stores / brands you all would recomment / availability.
PS: I'm blind (as in don't see shit)
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:03 pm

In one of my coaching calls with Andy he suggested getting inspiration from Instagram models. You can also follow pages that upload pics from various fluencers.

One thing I've noticed is that you almost never get a solid outfit from one Shop. So this year I got a nice shirt from H & M and denim shorts from Zara.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:05 pm

https://wellbuiltstyle.com/

This site

I recommend getting your measurements and buying online

As an absolute basic guide for a couple of options you can switch all the time

Good fitting plain t shirts: go for Zara - white, grey, black
Pair these with slim fit jeans. One dark pair (black or dark denim) and one light (light grey or light denim) - most places that do jeans will be pretty good for this, its more about fit than anything else.
Footwear: white Adidas Stan Smiths
Outerwear: Black or light grey bomber jacket - Topman has a good range

This is what i would consider smart street style. If you want full on street style thats not my thing. Full on smart style (like suits etc) there are some guys on here who seem to know a lot about that

Other things: You have a good head of hair . I recommend you get someone you trust to help you get it into good style, with a barber, and then just keep getting that haircut from the same barber.

Accessories - not my area of expertise tbh, i go pretty light. Get your ring sizes on every finger and buy packs form ASOS which I think Denmark has. Necklaces can be bought from there too
ThePhoenix
Name: Nicklas
Goal: Get laid?

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:09 pm

Radical wrote:
I recommend getting your measurements and buying online
Is that something that would be adequate to do on my own, or do you mean the measurements they take in the store and just remembering those?

Radical wrote:
Pair these with slim fit jeans. One dark pair (black or dark denim) and one light (light grey or light denim) - most places that do jeans will be pretty good for this, its more about fit than anything else.
Do you have any other suggestions other than denim. Last time I saw a pair of denim, it wasn't really nice (the fabric was really "solid").

Radical wrote:
Other things: You have a good head of hair . I recommend you get someone you trust to help you get it into good style, with a barber, and then just keep getting that haircut from the same barber.
I went to a new barber a couple of days ago and I got what I perceive to be a nice haircut. I'll post some pictures once I've got some new clothing next week. But yeah, I have no idea about hairstyles / how it should look. But yes, I have pretty thick hair and it's pretty long pretty quickly.
PS: I'm blind (as in don't see shit)
Radical

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:28 pm

Tbh I only own denim at the moment lol

Black denim is pretty smart and barely looks like a pair of jeans

As long as you get slim fit you can go for chinos if that is preferrable

The measurements you need are waist and leg for trousers

Typically you only need to know chest measurement to gauge the size t shirt you need
zarathustra
Name: Sebastian
Goal: Get Laid

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm

My list of clothing brands includes:

All Saints
Banana Republic
Rag and Bone
Madhappy
Zara

Always looking to add to this list, any further recs would be appreciated
Yaxir
Goal: Get Laid / Lose Fat

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm

zarathustra wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm
My list of clothing brands includes:

All Saints
Banana Republic
Rag and Bone
Madhappy
Zara

Always looking to add to this list, any further recs would be appreciated
Yo, which of these are most economical

student here , so limited budget y'know ?

@Radical if you have anything to chip in, i'd appreciate as well - i'm sure other people can use the guidance too

P.S : i can make a separate thread if you guys recommend
Radical

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:33 pm

@Yaxir I already made a big style thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=565

Its not about brands but certain places trend in the right direction for cut and fit more than others

Zara strikes the best balance in affordability and style imo. You can pretty much get a whole wardrobe from them and look good

All Saints I rate highly but only if you can afford it

I buy stuff off ASOS a fair bit, Topman do some really good stuff. ASOS have bought them and im not sure if they will restock and keep the items i like going or not though
Yaxir
Goal: Get Laid / Lose Fat

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:38 pm

@Radical cool and thanks , i'll take a look at your post

also , i'm going to ask a specific question there

thanks mate !
zarathustra
Name: Sebastian
Goal: Get Laid

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:02 am

Yaxir wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm
Yo, which of these are most economical
Definitely Zara and Banana Republic. Wait for Banana Republic to have a sale. They had 50% off yesterday, and I signed up for their email list for another 10%. I bought half a wardrobe for $250.

I also just went to Rag and Bone today. This is the antonym of economical. But the quality and style is top notch
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 am

Just want to drop this in this thread.

Some of you guys are new.

@Radical REALLY KNOWS what he's talking about with style.

There's like my opinion. Other people's opinion. And then theirs radicals opinion.

Listen to him probably above everyone else.

I can give him a lot of credit for the stares I get from girls. I'm just dressing how he suggests.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Radical

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 am
Just want to drop this in this thread.

Some of you guys are new.

@Radical REALLY KNOWS what he's talking about with style.

There's like my opinion. Other people's opinion. And then theirs radicals opinion.

Listen to him probably above everyone else.

I can give him a lot of credit for the stares I get from girls. I'm just dressing how he suggests.
Cheers you legend
offwego
Name: Asim
Goal: Beat AA

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Why not just go into random stores, take outfits into the fitting room (if they allow its use), and take pictures of yourself in the mirror? This is what Andy recommends in his Tinder guide and it's good common sense yet overlooked advice. He recommends sending pictures to friends too. Takes a long time, it's draining, but it will save you a lot of time in the long run. Take advantage of brick-and-mortar while they're still in abundance, especially the big trendy ones like Bloomingdales. Smaller stores like in the mall won't have as much stock for men.

It's your body, your neck, trapezius, skin tone, height, muscles, waist size... try clothes on for yourself. Online has numerous options but of course they're gonna look good on a 6'2" model with a long, muscular neck and chiseled jawline. "Looks good on him should look good on me." Then you find out their Large is like an XXL, that their 13M is a 15W. That's why online shopping is a hassle and wastes even more time than driving to the store and waiting in line. Only risk buying online if the store you return to has a dedicated returns line.

Also wanna say about Zara. The models they use online are anorexic and the clothes always look like shit on them. And it says something that the guy who owns the company doesn't wear anything from his own brand. The only really good thing I've seen in their stores was a black short sleeve t-shirt.

It cost $40. :ugeek:
Reach AA program milestone by Sunday Sept 26th