THE WINNER WITHIN STYLE THREAD

Hankins
Name: Hankins
Goal: Financial Independence
Motto: acta non verba; Deeds not Words

Mon May 02, 2022 11:16 pm

s_aitch wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:38 pm
Does anyone have experience of both the Pull & Bear and Alpha Industries bombers? I just got P&B one and the fit is good I think but it looks and feels kind of cheap to me. I'm considering returning it and getting the real deal.
IMG_0536.jpeg

Also can I get a fit check on this Levi's jacket? It's size L as I'm 6'3 and the M came up short on the arms but it just seems way too big. Maybe I'm overthinking it though.
20220312_105532.jpg
Your problem-challenge is understood by fit guys everywhere, especially guys that are both tall and fit: if it fits you in the length, it'll be way to big in the body.

This is because your upper body gets more V-shaped as you get more athletic, and clothing is designed in the classic one-size/shape-fits-all rectangle shape. A rather obvious observation, but it's important to understand why you're facing a lifetime of frustration with pretty much everything on the market.

In other words, pretty much everything that fits in the neck, shoulders, chest area (to say nothing of the arms) is going to fall almost straight down, resulting in being too big in the body. Pretty much every manufacturer-designer sells to the masses (thus increasing their profit margins, and I can't fault them for this) and the masses don't have V-shaped torsos.

Tailoring is an option, but it'll cost you.

My personal take on tailoring is that I factor it into the cost of everything. It's also why I recommend a Luxury Spartan wardrobe, meaning a small handful of quality items.

Hankins
Name: Hankins
Goal: Financial Independence
Motto: acta non verba; Deeds not Words

Mon May 02, 2022 11:18 pm

You'll be doing this with your dress shirts as well.

Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Tue May 03, 2022 8:30 pm

@Hankins the term Spartan Wardrobe is making me nostalgic for the GLL heyday

@s_aitch

While i give a viable cheap option i would always push guys to buy the quality. The Alpha Industries jackets are well made and will last longer than the cheap alternatives, so spread over the time you end up wearing it the cost may not even be much higher

That Levis jacket is fine but i dont like their fit generally - they cater to wider people to put it nicely. Check out Zara’s denim stuff for better fits - i deepthroat them a ton but they bring the fit in a lot more than other brands. All Saints have better fits too but a way higher price point
s_aitch
Goal: Get more dates

Sat May 14, 2022 12:41 pm

Hankins wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:16 pm
Your problem-challenge is understood by fit guys everywhere, especially guys that are both tall and fit: if it fits you in the length, it'll be way to big in the body.

This is because your upper body gets more V-shaped as you get more athletic, and clothing is designed in the classic one-size/shape-fits-all rectangle shape. A rather obvious observation, but it's important to understand why you're facing a lifetime of frustration with pretty much everything on the market.

In other words, pretty much everything that fits in the neck, shoulders, chest area (to say nothing of the arms) is going to fall almost straight down, resulting in being too big in the body. Pretty much every manufacturer-designer sells to the masses (thus increasing their profit margins, and I can't fault them for this) and the masses don't have V-shaped torsos.

Tailoring is an option, but it'll cost you.

My personal take on tailoring is that I factor it into the cost of everything. It's also why I recommend a Luxury Spartan wardrobe, meaning a small handful of quality items.
Yeah this is something I've struggled with for a while. I have long legs for my height too and finding trousers with an inseam longer than 34" but a 32 or 34" waist can be almost impossible.

I don't have the money currently but long term I like the idea of getting alterations on a handful of quality staples. I had a tailored suit made in Vietnam and the fit is night and day compared to my older, off the peg suit.
Radical wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:30 pm
@s_aitch

While i give a viable cheap option i would always push guys to buy the quality. The Alpha Industries jackets are well made and will last longer than the cheap alternatives, so spread over the time you end up wearing it the cost may not even be much higher

That Levis jacket is fine but i dont like their fit generally - they cater to wider people to put it nicely. Check out Zara’s denim stuff for better fits - i deepthroat them a ton but they bring the fit in a lot more than other brands. All Saints have better fits too but a way higher price point
Thanks, I did end up trying the Alpha Industries version but didn't love the fit unfortunately so they're both going back.

Cheers for the recommendation, I saw Zara do some bombers too so I'll take myself to a store and try a few pieces.
Radical

Sat May 14, 2022 12:54 pm

Zara bombers arent very good. They make them from really thin material for some reason. Its probably the most disappointing part of their entire range

Look at the Topman options if you didnt like Alpha Industries
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:14 am

Posted pics below of outfits that I’m considering using for my tinder profile but ofcourse also to rock IRL

Pic 1 and 2 are similar except the pants (I didn’t bother changing socks)
White shirt, brown leather dress shoes, brown belt that matches shoes.
I’m not 100 on the watch, it’s slightly off colour with the belt but also not much. I could roll up the sleeves a bit more too.
I prefer the white pants personally, think it looks fresher.

4th pic I’ll be going for the same vibe as pic 3 (stolen from the tinder guide hehe).
Light jeans jacket, white tee, black jeans, black minimalist watch (I have small wrist so I always rock the small watches) and white shoes for some contrast.
I wear this pretty often but I never knew if I overdid it with the accessories or if this outfit is solid.

Love to hear the suggestions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:12 pm

kratjeuh wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:14 am
Posted pics below of outfits that I’m considering using for my tinder profile but ofcourse also to rock IRL

Pic 1 and 2 are similar except the pants (I didn’t bother changing socks)
White shirt, brown leather dress shoes, brown belt that matches shoes.
I’m not 100 on the watch, it’s slightly off colour with the belt but also not much. I could roll up the sleeves a bit more too.
I prefer the white pants personally, think it looks fresher.

4th pic I’ll be going for the same vibe as pic 3 (stolen from the tinder guide hehe).
Light jeans jacket, white tee, black jeans, black minimalist watch (I have small wrist so I always rock the small watches) and white shoes for some contrast.
I wear this pretty often but I never knew if I overdid it with the accessories or if this outfit is solid.

Love to hear the suggestions
How does the shirt look untucked?

The denim jacket looks a bit big on you.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:46 pm

pancakemouse wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:12 pm

How does the shirt look untucked?

The denim jacket looks a bit big on you.
I agree, the denim looks indeed big. Luckily I have another one however that one is slightly less casual (= the one in my profile pic)

I will retake both pics soon and take my time so my clothes are looking clean
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:24 pm

Hey Radical, any tips on how I could upgrade the basic outfits in your guide? The t-shirt + denim jacket or other outerwear is nice and minimalistic, but I want to make my look less generic. This is for fall btw.

I also know how to order replicas so that's an option but I do know fit can be tricky.

I guess I could go look on Instagram and then try to copy some influencers.

Either way I wanna revive this post cause it's fall baby.
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
Radical

Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:38 pm

Well fall is quite literally the best season to wear t-shirt and jacket before it gets into proper layering temps

Im hunting graphic tees that are actually cool atm to wear under jackets

A rec i got from Rags a while ago:
https://sanspareilclothing.com/collecti ... 9357324359
Mr Privacy
Goal: Be Happy
Motto: Never be Average

Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Hey Radical, I have a quick question about shoes. I want to take some more photos tomorrow for tinder. A couple of days ago, I took pictures and wore all-white sneakers. I want to mix things up. I want to take some picks in black sneakers this time, and the only pair I have is some Yeezys. Do you think Yeezys are out of fashion now, and should I buy some other sneakers? I will include a photo of which colorway I have. If I was to buy some new black sneakers, then would they be some old-school vans?
https___hypebeast.com_image_2019_09_yeezy-boost-350-v2-black-friday-release-information-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Radical

Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:00 am

Yeah i dont like yeezys tbh dude

I think they only work with very hardcore streetstyle outfits which i doubt is your style and even then there are way better options for those outfits (like a pair of Jordans)

Sneakers where i like their black options:

Chuck Taylor 70s Hi Top
New balance 574s
Vans Old Skools
Nike Blazer Mid 77
hannangame
Name: Han
Goal: FUCK A BADDIE 7.5+/10
Motto: On the come up

Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:54 pm

How do yall feel about a vintage style, I get compliments fairly often I'll post some examples.
Radical

Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:23 am

@hannangame

2nd one is kinda cool due to the colour selection and how it works with your complexion, i think the last one has a time and place too.

And looks like you use plenty of accessories

I'm not feeling the other two though. Just a general lack of edge
hannangame
Name: Han
Goal: FUCK A BADDIE 7.5+/10
Motto: On the come up

Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Yeah I see what you mean. I feel like you’re looking unique also has its advantages. In my eyes you have to be a certain type of fucker to dress different and still look nice. How do y’all feel about the third one? It’s supposed to be cute because of the reindeer. I think girls dig it.