THE WINNER WITHIN STYLE THREAD

Warped_Mindless
Goal: Fitness

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:50 pm

I keep hearing that skinny jeans are out?!?!

Ha, no thanks. I look good in them but what are your thoughts in this @Radical
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:16 pm

Warped_Mindless wrote:

Lol

Theres a concerted effort to make baggy shit in general come back in.

I dont think slim and skinny will go out entirely but the look wont be as dominant as it has been the last decade or so.

Guys are fucking around with regular and loose fit more these days but that doesnt mean skinny and slim are 'out'.
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:52 pm

Warped_Mindless wrote:

look at the mnml LA best sellers to see what's trendy. doesn't mean you have to make that your style or wear any of that at all.

for me personally, I like to have a few trendy pieces for nightlife outfits but I never go all the way.

also depends on your proportions
Warped_Mindless

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Rags2Bitches wrote:
Warped_Mindless wrote:

look at the mnml LA best sellers to see what's trendy. doesn't mean you have to make that your style or wear any of that at all.

for me personally, I like to have a few trendy pieces for nightlife outfits but I never go all the way.

True but “trendy” doesn’t always mean that women find it “sexy” or that it makes the guy look better.
Radical

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Warped_Mindless wrote:
Rags2Bitches wrote:

True but “trendy” doesn’t always mean that women find it “sexy” or that it makes the guy look better.
This really just comes down to whether you desperately want to be ‘in trend’ or not

There are attractive outfits that are relatively timeless, for example there’s stuff James Dean wore that would easily by fine to wear on dates today

Skinny and slim will still be valid options for a while imo
Radical

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:20 pm

@Warped_Mindless on a video recently i spoke about this by going over @menwithstreetstyle - which is a huge menswear instagram that reposts influencers - and literally counted how much slim and skinny is still in their uploads

It was still like 75% skinny and slim
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Radical wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:08 pm
Warped_Mindless wrote:

This really just comes down to whether you desperately want to be ‘in trend’ or not

There are attractive outfits that are relatively timeless, for example there’s stuff James Dean wore that would easily by fine to wear on dates today

Skinny and slim will still be valid options for a while imo
agreed. loll idk about "desperately wanting to be in trend". imo wearing some trendy items boosts conversion rate with hot status seeking gen Z party girls. same reason I have a few (fake) designer items.

I wouldn't wear loose cargos to a date with a 28yo young professional, even in LA
Radical

Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Lol, i threw my cargo pants into my full guide and said 'these are only for very casual dates but they have a time, place and specific type of girl'
Warped_Mindless

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:24 pm

Hey @Radical two quick questions…

1) you still taking consulting clients because I would love to send a few guys your way?!

2) Should bracelets, necklace, and watch all match in color. For instance, black leather bracelets and a stainless necklace and stainless watch would probably be a no go or am I overthinking it?

Thanks!
Radical

Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:40 pm

@Warped_Mindless yes I am, just get anyone who is interested to email me, thehatfish@outlook.com

Yeah you dont need to take colour matching that far
I usually recommend guys who are kinda new to style start by matching the metals and the leathers separately
Creates continuity in the outfit and keeps the tone/colour count down (with men fewer is better there)

There are some great combinations that dont follow this rule but I try to teach style that is difficult to fuck up for newbies
Warped_Mindless

Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:29 pm

Radical wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:40 pm
@Warped_Mindless yes I am, just get anyone who is interested to email me, thehatfish@outlook.com

Yeah you dont need to take colour matching that far
I usually recommend guys who are kinda new to style start by matching the metals and the leathers separately
Creates continuity in the outfit and keeps the tone/colour count down (with men fewer is better there)

There are some great combinations that dont follow this rule but I try to teach style that is difficult to fuck up for newbies
Ok thanks!

I’m a business consultant and I’ve had some clients mention how they would like to look better too. Many of them spent so much time working on their business they have completely neglected the dating aspect of their life. I’ll send them your way.
Warped_Mindless

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:02 am

Outfit opinions? I don’t usually wear pea coats so I’m unsure…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:18 am

Dawg you posted a BW photo. We can’t see the colour of the actual fit.

Anyway it’s not bad. I’m assuming all the clothes are dark/black and the shoes are white. I’d personally go for boots with that kind of look.

You can make this better
1) with a shirt that has an interesting pattern
2) or adding a layer like a grey hoodie/cardigan
3) adding a coloured scarf (match the colour to the colour of your eyes or your underlying tone)
Radical

Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:51 pm

@Warped_Mindless

Ah nice im a fan of peacoats and wool coats if you are in the right climate for them

So peacoats are on the much smarter end of outerwear and I usually pair them with boots (think Chelseas or Chukkas).

I also occasionally pair a wool coat with black Converse but thats playing up to the indie rock look popular in the UK so not sure if that would look odd in other countries. artur_fit, who is a streetwear influencer, i have seen do similar in Germany... so maybe.

I cant tell the colour scheme fully here but I'm assuming this is all black except the shoes - this is fine but id go full black with black shoes in this instance too.

Im keen on contrasting the under layer colour with the coat if i'm not doing a monotone colour scheme.
For instance full black under layer with grey coat. Or layering a plain light grey jumper under a black coat
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:30 am

Anyone have any insight into which watch styles are in these days? Looking for a gold watch I can pair with a gold cuban link chain and white longsleeve for Miami nightlife. Will probably grab a fake watch off of AliExpress but not sure what guys are wearing these days.

Amazon search for ideas: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=fake+gold+ ... nb_sb_noss