Looking for Nutritionist/Dietician Recommendations

HankMoodyJr
Name: Dan
Goal: Master my life
Motto: Normal gets normal results.

Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:45 pm

Been in pretty good shape for all of my adult life, and been hitting the gym for years, but looking to take my physique to the next level.

Currently around 13-14% BF, but I want to take this to the next level and finally get shredded.

Anyone got any recommendations for an online nutritionist or dietician to help me come up with a meal plan for this? Could probably figure it out on my own, but would prefer to outsource to an expert.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:10 pm

What can a nutritionist tell you?

Calorie deficit = weight loss
Calorie surplus = weight gain
Around your total turnover = you maintain your weight

We can talk about things like insulin, insulin sensitivity and so on, but those are nitty gritty things. In the end, it's calories in vs calories out. I got into the best shape of my life eating Ben and Jerries every day and still been in deficit most of the time and I have an average metabolism.

You can pay a bodybuilding coach, but I don't think it's necessary unless you want to do bodybuilding competitions and/or consume high doses of steroids.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:17 pm

Vamos makes a good point

But

If I may speak my piece: I thnk the accountability of having a coach is life changing :)

It is a magical thing and it proven to greatly increase the chances of your success

I have no recommendations for you my friend, sorry, but I wanted to say, I think working with someone is very positive!

Vamos is not wrong, however, and in fact, at KYIL we do have some good resources for this.

In fact, incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable men have created guides for body transformation:

@Manly Cockfellow has fantastic information on body transformation and it's free
@Brother_Tucker has created a fantastic guide for body transformation, he has a YouTube channel, I watch his videos over and over to convince myself I too can look as good as he does

Good luck to you man,
MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Manly Cockfellow
Goal: Become the men I fear
Motto: Mk no smll plans; thy hv no pwr to stir mens blood

Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:41 pm

Simplest way to get shredded is to replace most of the carbs/sugar in your diet with protein and fat, and the easiest way I've found to do that is the vertical diet

It's really hard to miss carbs/sugar when you're eating a couple pounds of salted red meat per day
HankMoodyJr

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:01 pm

Vamos wrote:
Yes, I agree, the basics are super simple.

As I mentioned in the intial post, I could figure it out on my own, but the time it would take me to come up with a meal plan, calculate the calories for each meal etc is too much of an opportunity cost, and I would much rather outsource that to someone who is an expert.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:19 am

HankMoodyJr wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:01 pm
Vamos wrote:
Yes, I agree, the basics are super simple.

As I mentioned in the intial post, I could figure it out on my own, but the time it would take me to come up with a meal plan, calculate the calories for each meal etc is too much of an opportunity cost, and I would much rather outsource that to someone who is an expert.
I have no idea how much a nutritionist charges for this, but it's likely hundreds of dollars. I'm not sure how much your time is worth, but mine is like $50 USD an hour. I don't see this being more than an hour of work even for someone without much knowledge.

There's even tools that do most of the work for you: https://www.eatthismuch.com/
HankMoodyJr

Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:59 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:19 am
There's even tools that do most of the work for you: https://www.eatthismuch.com/
This is probably gonna be enough for me.

I expected that with research, meal planning then revision over time, this is gonna take me at least 3-4 hours. Add on top of that the, 'doing something I don't really want to do' factor, and it's easily worth the $200-300 I would pay a nutritionist. Add in accountability/experience which can't be learned through YT etc and paying a professional is easily worth it imo.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:56 am

Manly Cockfellow wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:41 pm

Simplest way to get shredded is to replace most of the carbs/sugar in your diet with protein and fat, and the easiest way I've found to do that is the vertical diet

It's really hard to miss carbs/sugar when you're eating a couple pounds of salted red meat per day
I want to echo this advice and highlight this post.

This is a fantastic approach and also really good for your health.

My boys all advised me to do the same thing, me, Paw, The Dom and my accountability partner for physique, an incredible man from Andys coaching group who we can just call "G" have me doing keto, training really hard with progressive overload type of workouts, and tracking it all.

I have shed 7.5lbs and I am very happy about that.

Hank, you got this man.

To your success,
MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Brother_Tucker
Goal: Retire Early
Motto: My life is awesome, what's your excuse?

Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:40 pm

What worked for me after dialing in the calories was that all you need to do is cut suger, refined carbs and oils.

If you shoot for your calorie target cutting these 3 things entirely, you will find the fat burns off really fast.

As MAC mentioned, I have a YouTube series that covers everything I did over 16 weeks to get shredded. You can see all meals and all the data in there if you need a comparison.

To go that extra mile you really need to focus on the quality of the food you're eating. Cut the 3 things listed above and eat at a 500 deficit a day and you will start dropping around 0.5kg a week (1.102 lbs).
Body Transformation Guide viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1376