Losing 1.5kg per week. Too much? Do I have sagging skin?

bigV
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Per aspera ad astra

Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:51 pm

So: I've been losing 1.5kg per week for the last month. Seems like a scary amount. My weight fluctuates a lot too, last week it started at 78kg, went up to 80kg, then ended at 76.3kg. I'm going to the gym 3x per week and I keep lifting the same weights, so I'm not losing any muscle.

I worry that 1.5kg per week will give me sagging skin, which might take a long time to get rid of. What do you think? Is that too much?

I currently look like this:
pic.jpg
According to the Navy BF% estimation method, I'm at ~12% BF, but that seems rather like bullshit. Comparing myself to pics of people around 15% BF, I might have small amounts of sagging skin, but it doesn't really look too bad. (Here's a calculator for the Navy method: https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html , it's based around taking a few body measurements.)

Is this all in my head? Should I just keep at it, maintain my calorie intake and keep losing 1.5kg per week?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
natedawg
Goal: Social Life
Motto: Whatever you do, don't quit.

Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:35 pm

bigV wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:51 pm
So: I've been losing 1.5kg per week for the last month. Seems like a scary amount. My weight fluctuates a lot too, last week it started at 78kg, went up to 80kg, then ended at 76.3kg. I'm going to the gym 3x per week and I keep lifting the same weights, so I'm not losing any muscle.

I worry that 1.5kg per week will give me sagging skin, which might take a long time to get rid of. What do you think? Is that too much?

I currently look like this:
pic.jpg

According to the Navy BF% estimation method, I'm at ~12% BF, but that seems rather like bullshit. Comparing myself to pics of people around 15% BF, I might have small amounts of sagging skin, but it doesn't really look too bad. (Here's a calculator for the Navy method: https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html , it's based around taking a few body measurements.)

Is this all in my head? Should I just keep at it, maintain my calorie intake and keep losing 1.5kg per week?
How tall are you?
2023-2024 Goals

Year 1: Pg 1-42

"As long I don't quit, I can't lose." - Alex Hormozi

**Feeling lost/unmotivated? Read this:viewtopic.php?p=48007#p48007

** Trust in the process Andy laid out for me: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1279346/11913966
bigV

Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:34 am

I'm 178cm.

I posted this on other places too, people told me that I'm around 20% BF but that seems impossible. 1) I think I have an unusual bodyfat distribution, it seems to be mostly around my stomach. You can see arm veins on the pic, I can also see striations on my pecs when flexing them. 2) I think I need to take a better pic. This one is from a strange angle (phone tripod) and makes me look weird.

Nobody told me that I really shouldn't be losing 1.5kg per week, so I guess I'll continue doing that. As long as I won't give myself permanent damage it's fine
AskTheDom
Name: Mario
Goal: Coach
Motto: Alea iacta est

Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:36 pm

It’s on the very aggressive side, usually people do these aggressive cuts for limited time and yes, fat distribution is a bitch.
Mario "The Dom" Tubone
Your Dominance coach - I help Men becoming more confident and competent both inside and outside the bedroom

MY WEEKLY PODCAST: https://rb.gy/8u2e1z
bigV

Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:19 am

Ok so the angle and the pose make a bit of difference. This is the most accurate pic:
pic-good.jpg
Also took this one, but my pose is off here:
pic-notbad.jpg
Yeah I don't think I'm close to 20% BF. I should have something like 5kg more to lose, +/- 2kg. Now that I compare the pics side-by-side, there's an abs outline visible in all of them, although it's the clearest in the "most accurate" pic.

So I won't keep up losing weight at this pace for much longer, just a few more weeks. Thinking about it I should actually slowly start increasing my calorie intake soon anyway, I don't want to immediately go back to eating normally but also I don't want to lose too much weight. I'll figure it out as I go along. Thanks for your help, @natedawg and @AskTheDom!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.