Protein Powder = Dream physique?

Lonely_Rottweiler
Name: Raph
Goal: Have a stoic mindset
Motto: Fall forward

Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:00 am

Are protein shakes the equivalent of bodybuilding on easy mode or just extra calories? I'm considering buying some whey, so I'm evaluating if it's a wise investment...

What are your experiences if you have?
Goals for 2023:

Travel out of the city by myself or with friends:
Jan 28- Jan 29: Company outing

Read new books
How to get along Difficult people by William J. Diehm

Buy a condo for passive income
BigBrach
Goal: Get Laid

Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:20 am

If you struggle getting your daily protein intake in (especially if you're aiming for muscle hypertrophy with training), then yes, they help. If you can already meet the intake without them, then you don't NEED to drink them (avoid drinking your calories in general if cutting). You can also use whey protein powder in more creative ways, like using them for protein ice cream or making pancakes with them.

At the end of the day, you need both protein and a good workout plan to stimulate muscle growth. Half assing (or skipping) your workouts won't be saved by whey protein shakes.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:18 pm

Getting adequate protein every day is going to be important if you are on the grind with the KYIL gang because we optimise our physiques here as per the sermon of Lord Andy and Lord Radical.

You will need to be lifting weights in the gym 3-4x a week, and incorporating some cardio 1-2 a week.

Stretching, mobility, and core work can also be part of your process.

You will need to nail a diet down for yourself and be consistent. This is how we live. We want to be in great shape for decades and live well.

Whey powders are great.

You can also increase your protein intake and also gain some wonderful health benefits through supplementing with hydrolysed gelatin/collagen, which is rich in glycine and very supportive of the overall metabolism and health.

A whey shake with a meal each day can add some great protein to your diet (~20-30g). A few teaspoons of collagen in your morning coffee can also add ~20g of protein to your diet.

You can build a great physique, we are all doing this, many are great sources of information here and can help you.

Of the active posters here, several have thoughtful contributions to make on training, diet, and so on.

You will have to have good protein intake and you will need to train hard. We want to be successful, so we put in our grind.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Kurvam
Goal: Improve rotation

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:04 pm

Lonely_Rottweiler wrote:
Are protein shakes the equivalent of bodybuilding on easy mode or just extra calories? I'm considering buying some whey, so I'm evaluating if it's a wise investment...

Protein is protein, you wont get any more benefit from getting it from a shake opposed to food. What I personally find is its far more convenient to have a shake than it is to always cook a high protein meal. I guess it all depends on the amount of calories you're eating per day and your schedule/will to cook often.

If you're eating allot of calories I recommend 'bulk shakes' eg scoop of protein powder, peanut butter and oats. I have one of those most days and its an easy way to get in 700+ cals depending on the portion sizes of course.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:09 pm

Lonely_Rottweiler wrote:

It's just extra protein and calories. And it's a pretty protein-dense source of calories. Not quite as dense as chicken breast, but you're usually getting about 20g protein for 100 calories with shakes, which makes it easier to hit high protein goals. And like others have said, they're easier to prepare than most meat dishes. Plus they taste good so I like to have a shake as dessert after a good meal
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
1v1mekid
Goal: girls

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:45 am

As far as your body is concerned, it doesn't matter where you get your protein source.

The clear benefit of protein powder is how easy it is to get in and extra +20g to +40g of protein by drinking 1 cup of fluids.
2022 Goals:
1 new lay by dec-31 ✔️
$90k/year by dec-31✔️
move out ✔️
lose 15lbs ✔️