Optimal physique for looksmaxxing?

Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:18 am

So I'm pretty skinny and scrawny right now. My BF % isn't bad, but I really question how much I can improve my appearance in general. I have doubts that working out will help a lot. Then again, I shouldn't knock it until I try it.

I've been bouldering 3-4 times a week for the past 3 months, and I plan to start lifting weights too. I wanted to aim for about 2500 calories per day, but it's been a struggle. Does that seem like a good amount?

Scale says about 14-15% BF, but I get that these numbers are not 100% accurate.

Here's a picture of me right now (6'1", ~155lbs, ~14-15% BF):

Any tips or help is appreciated. Thanks!
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
ovnidos
Name: Hugo
Goal: the pipeline
Motto: We're gonna make it brah

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 am

Squilliam wrote:
I have doubts that working out will help a lot.

????
Squilliam wrote:
Does that seem like a good amount?
seem like a good amount for me, weight yourself daily and aim for a 0.5% to 1.5% of more weight every week.

Pm me and we'll do you a workout plan if you want
English isn't my first language be indulgent, lol

Giving personalized gym advices, nutrition and everything related, just pm me

Goal for 2023 :
10 lays(0/10) --> Online dating optimization

My log :
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1100
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:01 am

I can't imagine any more first world problem than a scrawny guy complaining it is too difficult to eat more delicious food. I've read tales from an old time powerlifter trying to move up weight classes that was dipping pizza in olive oil. He forced himself to finish the last slice, but he ended up throwing up afterwards..., so he ordered another pizza. Bottom line is everything is possible if you want it bad enough. Nowdays, there are an insane amounts of nutritious high calorie foods available everywhere at very low prices. It is not difficult at all to eat 2500. It gets a little challenging when people need to go above 4000.

What are your doubts exactly? That the SRA cycle that all living organisms go through doesn't apply to you?

As far as what is optimal, I think generally something like Brad Pitt Fight Club to Ryan Reynolds is most 'general purpose'. I'm not entirely convinced it is actually optimal. Other physiques are far more polarizing, which I would argue is probably a large plus and not a negative at all.
Hedon
Goal: Lays + Income
Motto: Make your own luck...

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am

Squilliam wrote:
I have doubts that working out will help a lot. Then again, I shouldn't knock it until I try it.

I've been bouldering 3-4 times a week for the past 3 months, and I plan to start lifting weights too. I wanted to aim for about 2500 calories per day, but it's been a struggle. Does that seem like a good amount?
Working out will help you massively in improving your SMV. Check out Good Looking Loser's articles on the ideal physique but in my opinion it's around 180-183 pounds at 10-12% body fat at 6'0'' - 6'1''. Once you get into the habit over a few weeks of hitting weights for a hour 3+ times a week it'll become ingrained into your routine.

Calorie wise 2500 cals might actually be bit low, 2750-2850 cals would probably be more ideal. If your struggling to eat enough there are certain performance enhancers you can use (such as MK-677) which increases Ghrelin hormone (the hormone for hunger). From experience, you would definitely be able to eat enough calories with this.

In the meantime there's quick lookmax's you can do such as buzzed hair or short hair with a fade, more accessories (couple necklaces, ring, bracelet, caps/beanies), sticking to a colour palette of predominantly black/grey with a little white in your style and considering tattoos and piercings. Getting a hoop/stud in one ear and a tattoo sleeve can make huge differences in the way girls perceive you. I went from having a couple smaller tattoos to 2 full sleeves over a couple months and there was a immediate difference in my hit rate with girls and even IOI's.
2023 GOALS

- 40 new hookups (Current 50/40)
- Scale Service biz (Done)
- 83kg 12% Bodyfat
Squilliam

Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:11 pm

ovnidos wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 am
seem like a good amount for me, weight yourself daily and aim for a 0.5% to 1.5% of more weight every week.

Pm me and we'll do you a workout plan if you want
I'm gonna PM you later. Thanks for the advice man!
Zug wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:01 am
I can't imagine any more first world problem than a scrawny guy complaining it is too difficult to eat more delicious food. I've read tales from an old time powerlifter trying to move up weight classes that was dipping pizza in olive oil. He forced himself to finish the last slice, but he ended up throwing up afterwards..., so he ordered another pizza. Bottom line is everything is possible if you want it bad enough. Nowdays, there are an insane amounts of nutritious high calorie foods available everywhere at very low prices. It is not difficult at all to eat 2500. It gets a little challenging when people need to go above 4000.
Do you know what it's like to force yourself to eat when you don't want to eat? I get that many people want this "problem", but I seriously struggle to eat. I sometimes take Adderall for ADHD and that also suppresses my appetite. My weed use probably also plays a role but that is something that I could monitor more carefully, I'm aware that that's my fault.

The thing is like, okay, it would be easy if I ate lots of processed foods. The problem is maintaining all this while eating healthy. So I think I'm going to take a hybrid approach, where I try to eat healthy, but I can incorporate some elements of a dirty bulk into this.
Hedon wrote:
Working out will help you massively in improving your SMV. Check out Good Looking Loser's articles on the ideal physique but in my opinion it's around 180-183 pounds at 10-12% body fat at 6'0'' - 6'1''. Once you get into the habit over a few weeks of hitting weights for a hour 3+ times a week it'll become ingrained into your routine.
I'll check them out, thanks. Yeah, my plan was to gain muscle and then cut to ~8-10% BF. The thing is, for rock climbing, I don't want to get too big. I want to be muscular but lean.
Hedon wrote:
Calorie wise 2500 cals might actually be bit low, 2750-2850 cals would probably be more ideal. If your struggling to eat enough there are certain performance enhancers you can use (such as MK-677) which increases Ghrelin hormone (the hormone for hunger). From experience, you would definitely be able to eat enough calories with this.
Yeah, 2700 was about what the app I was using recommended, I think I'll stick with that for a week or two and monitor my weight.
Hedon wrote:
In the meantime there's quick lookmax's you can do such as buzzed hair or short hair with a fade, more accessories (couple necklaces, ring, bracelet, caps/beanies), sticking to a colour palette of predominantly black/grey with a little white in your style and considering tattoos and piercings. Getting a hoop/stud in one ear and a tattoo sleeve can make huge differences in the way girls perceive you. I went from having a couple smaller tattoos to 2 full sleeves over a couple months and there was a immediate difference in my hit rate with girls and even IOI's.
Gonna get a new haircut soon, that's a good point. Still trying to figure out what looks good on me. I'm gonna seek more advice and then eventually come to a consensus.

As for style I've changed that a lot already, you can look at my profile picture for an example. I already have necklaces and a watch, I guess I could get some rings.

I'm not really sure how I feel about piercings and tattoos. Piercings, maybe, but I don't think it fits my style. Tattoos I'm definitely not interested in getting a full sleeve. With tattoos, I'd only be interested in getting a few smaller ones. It seems excessive to do something permanent like that for this, I would need to want the tattoos otherwise.

Thank you everybody for your advice.

- Get laid from daygame
nipple-flip
Name: Chris
Goal: self-actualize
Motto: do your best every day

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:23 pm

if you're getting all your nutritional needs met (plug your food into cronometer.com to check your macro and micronutrients and make sure you're getting enough of everything), a little bit of dirty food to get up to your calorie goals is perfectly fine. if you're really afraid of processed/dirty food, nuts and seeds will get you to your calorie requirements insanely fast while being easy to eat and doing a ton of work nutritionally. add chia and flax seeds to your smoothies for an extra 1-200 calories that you won't notice, snack on some almonds, put peanut butter on your bread, etc. and i promise you'll get to 3k calories EASILY if you want.
29M

regular processes
- track sleep, calories, and protein
- lift weights
- solve medium/hard leetcode problems
- journal

less-regular processes
- complete two "grokking" courses
- read and take notes on DDIA

outcomes
- qualify for USAPL open nationals at 75kg (current bodyweight 151, S/B/D: 353/203/462)
Squilliam

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 pm

nipple-flip wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:23 pm
if you're getting all your nutritional needs met (plug your food into cronometer.com to check your macro and micronutrients and make sure you're getting enough of everything), a little bit of dirty food to get up to your calorie goals is perfectly fine. if you're really afraid of processed/dirty food, nuts and seeds will get you to your calorie requirements insanely fast while being easy to eat and doing a ton of work nutritionally. add chia and flax seeds to your smoothies for an extra 1-200 calories that you won't notice, snack on some almonds, put peanut butter on your bread, etc. and i promise you'll get to 3k calories EASILY if you want.
Cronometer is a lot better than the other app I was using, I just made an account. I'll use this instead, thanks!

Yup, that's my exact plan. I'm going to try to eat healthy but I'll throw in some dirty food. I started today with an 1100 calorie taco bell meal, lol. Then later I'll go ahead and eat some leftover chicken drumsticks I made the other night, those are pretty healthy. Then I'll just need snacks. Guess I should buy a blender to make smoothies? Lmao.

Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate it.

- Get laid from daygame
ovnidos

Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:59 pm

Squilliam wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 pm
I'll throw in some dirty food. I started today with an 1100 calorie taco bell meal, lol
Nah nah you don't want to go that way, don't start a dirty bulk please, you'll and up strong&fat. And girls don't care at all how much you can lift, they just care about these abs lmao.

I already posted it, but look at this pic at the end of my dirty bulk :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Goal for 2023 :

My log :
Squilliam

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 pm

ovnidos wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:59 pm
Nah nah you don't want to go that way, don't start a dirty bulk please, you'll and up strong&fat. And girls don't care at all how much you can lift, they just care about these abs lmao.
I mean, I'm gonna eat healthy food as well. The fast food is just for a few extra calories.

As for what you wrote in your PM, I don't think I need to ignore medical articles completely. Pancake said that it is possible to workout in only 30 minutes, with high intensity workouts. I think for now I will try this method on my own, and if I don't get any results, then I will reconsider the things you've said about working out for longer.

- Get laid from daygame
ovnidos

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:14 pm

Squilliam wrote:
high intensity workouts
Ok but please have some insane intensity lol, and focus on pushing movement a lot because you're already working all pulling muscles at climbing

Goal for 2023 :

My log :
Squilliam

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:20 pm

ovnidos wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:14 pm
Squilliam wrote:
high intensity workouts
Ok but please have some insane intensity lol, and focus on pushing movement a lot because you're already working all pulling muscles at climbing
This was what Pancake suggested, I figured I could just do this after all my climbing sessions:

- Get laid from daygame
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:26 am

I only do High intensity workouts when I do sprints or MMA sparring. I don't know the effectiveness for working out, but I think its good to try as many things as possible and then make your decision as to what you enjoy the most. For time efficiency its quite good. For overloading muscles and strength it could be good I don't know much about it tbh. Give it a good 6 months and then update us every couple weeks or so if you notice any changes.

I'm very interested to see your after results in 6 months to a year. Best of luck
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:44 am

For High Intensity Training it's very important that you are training to "true failure". That means you have to complete the rep if someone has a gun to your head and will also kill your entire family.

It's very difficult to find the mental fortitude to train this way as a beginner. I'm 12+ years into lifting and I'm still not great at it. So I would definitely see if you can lift with someone more experienced a few times and really have them push you into failure.

Another reason is that during failure, at least for me, you will be YELLING and GRUNTING. Sometimes I yell so loud a bunch of people look at me, then I literally say out loud "yep, that's what momentary muscle failure sounds like".
Svadhishthana
Goal: Be Free
Motto: Climb that goddamned mountain

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:11 am

Squilliam wrote:
The thing is, for rock climbing, I don't want to get too big. I want to be muscular but lean.
You have been bouldering for 3 months, and are lifting for the first time, and you are concerned about being too heavy? I wouldn't worry about it. You're far more likely to see your performance suffer due to putting on fat while you bulk. Muscle takes a long time to put on, and if you think you are getting too heavy, you can simply adjust your program.

If you care about performance, you should fingerboard, deadlift heavy, and Climb More. If you really care, look into Kris Hampton or Steve Bechtel for training plans.

I would second the vote to focus on pressing during your lifts. Otherwise you'll end up with climber's hunch.
Previous goals:
- Retire in early 2022 with combo index funds / real estate. (Complete, late)
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
- Get laid at least one more time before 30th birthday (Complete).
Squilliam

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:06 am

Svadhishthana wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:11 am
Squilliam wrote:
The thing is, for rock climbing, I don't want to get too big. I want to be muscular but lean.
You have been bouldering for 3 months, and are lifting for the first time, and you are concerned about being too heavy? I wouldn't worry about it. You're far more likely to see your performance suffer due to putting on fat while you bulk. Muscle takes a long time to put on, and if you think you are getting too heavy, you can simply adjust your program.

If you care about performance, you should fingerboard, deadlift heavy, and Climb More. If you really care, look into Kris Hampton or Steve Bechtel for training plans.

I would second the vote to focus on pressing during your lifts. Otherwise you'll end up with climber's hunch.
No, it's not a concern for me right now. I'm aware that I have a ways to go before that is a legitimate concern. I am just trying to think ahead, because this is a long term endeavor.

My plan was actually to do a 30 minute dumbbell full body workout after my climbing sessions, do you think I should restrict it purely to push exercises?

Also, regarding hangboards, I've heard that's not a good idea until you've been climbing for at least a year, due to the potential for injury.

- Get laid from daygame