Caffeine/Preworkouts

king87
Goal: Relationship

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 am

Hey Guys,

Given gyms are being finally reopening in UK, I m thinking of having a well around Supplement stack to boost my motivation.

How much caffeine you guys generally consuming? It is not directly related to gym but yeah. I used to drink lots of coffee and use preworkouts( even was using preworkout just kick me during day for work, like addiction) i know it is not very healthy so I dropped my coffee addiction substaintially, drinking one or 2 cups at most. (I know it is still too much for some) what do you guys think about it?
Flash Bang
Goal: Crush Anxiety + Finance

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 pm

king87 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 am
I m thinking of having a well around Supplement stack to boost my motivation
Focus on the 99% and not the 1%. 80% of that 99% is eating and sleeping properly.

If you need your motivation to come from buying something new and shiny, then I'll bet a nut that your motivation won't last very long. It's the equivalent of somebody spending a ton of money on an expensive guitar when they can't play smoke on the water yet. Their motivation is coming from the dopamine rush of buying something, not improving. I don't mean to sound harsh. Prove me wrong.

I recently bought a preworkout for the first time in years. I love caffeine but honestly I think a strong black coffee or espresso is just as good. The preworkout might even be cheaper on a per serve basis but it's all fluff. The above still stands.
dashedhopes
Name: Tristan
Goal: Increase Sub Count
Motto: Anything is better than nothing.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:52 pm

I second what flash bang is saying,

However, pre-workouts can actually be very effective given you know what you're buying. They improve workouts, you get a much better pump and you'll be more focused allowing for a better mind muscle connection.
Flash Bang wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 pm
The preworkout might even be cheaper on a per serve basis but it's all fluff.
Depending on if you know what you're going to buy and you know the efficacious dosage of each ingredient.

For example, L-Citrulline is designed to increase Nitric Oxide levels in the body. Which will help with vasodilation aka. sending blood, oxygen and nutrients to the muscle to allow for more endurance, strength and a muscle tearing pump.

I could go on and on about the ingredients in these but don't want to bore you.

This is the review I did for Gorilla Mode

You can compare the ingredients to literally any pre-workout on the market, and I guarantee this shit is better just in terms of dosages.

Again, Pre-Workout isn't going to make you bigger, or get you more shredded, but it will make your gym sessions much more enjoyable. I love going to the gym, but taking this shit, enhances it like crazy.

If you buy some shit pre-workout, you won't get this feeling though, cause it will have less than 8 grams of total active ingredients in it. Gorilla Mode for the full serving has approximately 30 grams.
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Youtube Channel - https://bit.ly/2CbEbKK (Road to 1k Before End of 2022)
terry_crews87
Goal: get laid/online dating
Motto: sucess is positive action every day

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:24 pm

I really like caffeine pills. Most I've seen are 200mg. You dont need to go wait in line at a coffee shop which is always annoying.

They are like 5 bucks for a bottle of 100. Some coffee places charge almost $4-5 for a coffee, and they have less than 200mg caffeine. When your tolerance is low, caffeine and ephedrine together is like a weak, poor mans Adderall. It kills appetite and gives you alot more focus than caffeine alone. Have you ever tried that?

Everything in moderation of course. Don't take them everyday, and every once in a while take a week (or a month) off. I've been taking this stack for 14 years on and off and it still works great. The less you use it the better it works.

My favourite things to do is to:

1) keep one beside my bed with a tall glass of water. When I wake up , I take the pill , chug a bunch of water, and set the snooze for 15 min. By that time the caffeine has kicked in and im ready to go. The caffeine gets your digestive system going and you'll probably take a shit right away. Taking a shit in your own house, before you shower and leave your house is by far the best way. If I'm hanging out with a girl later, I'll take a caffeine pill to force out a dump sometimes so I wont be pinching it off later. I take like 3 shits a day cuz I eat a bunch of fiber and water , so this is actually a concern of mine.

2) If I need a power nap during the day, I'll like above, set an alarm for 20 min and take the pill and chug water. When I wake up, I feel like I just woke up from a full nights sleep sometimes. Key is to not nap longer than 20-24 min (I remember reading a study about that), so you don't fall into a deep sleep and wake up even groggier. I've tested this a million times and that is the perfect sweet spot.

@BouffeQ was it you asking about "supplements" to help you burn fat? This helps the most of anything I've ever tried. If you drink a lot of water with this, you'll never be hungry. It gives you energy to get through workouts when you are carb depleted and in a caloric defecit. Between that , and using kratom instead of alcohol in social gatherings, it makes losing weight a million times easier. Kratom feels great and kills your appetite too, and has almost zero calories. If your an adult , and you don't over do it, these are fantastic to utilize from time to time.

People always think you sound like a crack head talking about it cuz its a "pill" , but its just whats in coffee without all the garbage in it. Coffee beans just get drenched with fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. They are some of the most chemically treated foods. Alot of people dont give a shit about that stuff, but coffee is one of the only things I think is worth it to get organic. Caffeine pill in my eyes, is healthier, especially if you chug a bunch of water with it. I know alot of you guys wouldn't agree, but its my 2 cents
Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:32 pm

Regular coffee works for me. I’ve done a HITT work out at home whilst suffering post work headaches, I was sipping black coffee as I went, and it worked wonders.