Struggling with leg day consistency.

Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:09 pm

I’m struggling with energy levels and consistency during leg day that I want help with.
I started going to the gym about 18 months ago. I spent the first 9 months making good, consistent progress, but I am starting to find hit lots of hurdles, especially on legs. This is what my current workout routine looks like.

All working sets are between 10 to 15 reps, with me increasing the weight once I can do 15 reps with good consistent form.

My routine for legs day look like this
Leg Extensions
2 warm up sets
2 working sets

Leg Press
2 warm up sets
3 working sets

Lying Leg Cirl
1 warm up set
2 working sets

Romania Dead Lift
1 warm up set
2 working sets

Sitting Calf Raises
1 warm up set
2 working sets

Squats
2 warm up set
3 working sets

The problem I am facing right now is exhaustion after doing the leg press. Whilst I am making progress on the leg extensions and leg press, my muscles are so drained after doing it now, that I struggle for consistent performance on the remaining exercises.
Following the guidance of the gym PT’s I began slowing all my reps down. Making sure I breath out on the lift, and breath in as a slowly lower the weight. This is helping slightly, and whilst I am making progress on the leg press, everything else is still suffering a setback.

Any tips on how I can procced? I am thinking of just moving leg press to the end of my legs session, and just doing alternative squats / leg presses every work out.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:56 pm

Please take this post and move it into your main thread. Then people can provide feedback.

We don't like one-off threads like this one so I'm locking it.