Changing Gym Routine to Get rid of Man Boobs and Love Handles, need advice

GN44
Name: GN
Goal: Get a quality gf
Motto: If you pity yourself, life is an endless nightmare

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:02 pm

I have attached the routines I have been using since I started going to the gym late August 2022 about three times a week. They have helped me a ton with losing 30 pounds, gaining muscle, and getting broader shoulders. However, I am trying to get rid of my manboobs and love handles as they are probably my most unattractive features. How should I change up my routine to make progress getting rid of them? These have helped reduce their size but they're still noticeable when I am not wearing black or dark blue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life becomes an endless nightmare" - Osamu Dazai
Rice
Goal: Get Laid

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:27 pm

lose fat.
5'4 Asian

My Story: viewtopic.php?p=41772#p41772
My Log: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1262

Goals
25 Lays (15/25)

Done
Move out before 2023
4 good tinder photos
400 approaches
Move to Montreal
bonzo34
Name: Alex
Goal: 50 "made love"

Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:15 pm

can you post your diet routine as well mate?
that will be crucial for what you want
dating

resolve job/income

Be an Army Officer

50 lays. 1/50

The first time you quit, it's hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don't even have to think about it.
be transparent as possible. Stop setting plays. Stop playing chess with life.
you make progress when you face a fear head on
GN44

Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:04 pm

bonzo34 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:15 pm
can you post your diet routine as well mate?
that will be crucial for what you want
I don't have a routine, I am at home for the summer studying for my MCAT so I just eat what my mom makes lol. But problem is my parents are vegetarian so they don't get as good protein intake, so I am working to fix that. Likely I will start preparing my own food for some meals.

I also became complacent with calorie tracking and protein intake after I hit my goal weight so I will get back on that.

What I will do/have done is significantly reduce carbs, reduce sugars more, start drinking protein shakes, eat more vegetables and tracking calories.
"Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life becomes an endless nightmare" - Osamu Dazai
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 pm

track step count and get above 10k a day (preferably hit 15k)
track cals and ensure you are in at least a 10-15% deficit - i maintained a 20% deficit with little issue for 4 months

thats it really, your workout routine isnt doing a whole lot towards fat loss, its improving how you will look as you lose it though

im not sure if you were asking this but you cant spot reduce specific areas of fat. well not without surgery anyway
GN44

Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:00 pm

Radical wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:17 pm
track step count and get above 10k a day (preferably hit 15k)
track cals and ensure you are in at least a 10-15% deficit - i maintained a 20% deficit with little issue for 4 months

thats it really, your workout routine isnt doing a whole lot towards fat loss, its improving how you will look as you lose it though

im not sure if you were asking this but you cant spot reduce specific areas of fat. well not without surgery anyway
I was getting at least 11k steps every day when I was in Uni because I walked everywhere and had no car. I am at home right now I need to intentionally walk to get that. I will step outside my house during my break-times instead of using my phone or watching anime.

Calorie deficit I am doing roughly 300-400 calorie deficit. Not too much of a problem as long as every meal is adequate.

Thanks for that last bit, the bit of research I have done says the exact same thing.
BornAgainVirgin
Goal: Get friends, get laid

Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:33 pm

GN44 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:00 pm

I was getting at least 11k steps every day when I was in Uni because I walked everywhere and had no car. I am at home right now I need to intentionally walk to get that. I will step outside my house during my break-times instead of using my phone or watching anime.

Calorie deficit I am doing roughly 300-400 calorie deficit. Not too much of a problem as long as every meal is adequate.

Thanks for that last bit, the bit of research I have done says the exact same thing.
Incline treadmill at 7-10 degrees for an hour a day while doing stuff at phone, like watching anime. Speed 4-6kmh depending on what you are able to for 1h. Now you can give into your urges while still achieving your goal. Do this after the lifting. You'll get tired, so you'll have to make sure to eat healthy food for the energy. Food with low glycemic index
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:52 pm

GN44 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:04 pm
I don't have a routine, I am at home for the summer studying for my MCAT so I just eat what my mom makes lol. But problem is my parents are vegetarian so they don't get as good protein intake, so I am working to fix that. Likely I will start preparing my own food for some meals.

I also became complacent with calorie tracking and protein intake after I hit my goal weight so I will get back on that.
This is too lazy of an approach if this is your top goal. This is fine if its low priority. If its one of your top goals, start tracking, meal prepping, having a routine, and fill all your free time with walking as much as possible.