Skincare Routine

AGF
Goal: $1,000,000 until 2025

Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 am

What's everybody's skincare routine?

I used Tiege Hanley for half a year. They introduced me to the idea of a skincare routine but I soon realized that it's actually quite expensive. They charge you $25 per month and if you travel as much as I do, their subscription model is a pain in the ass. Plus, their products feel very chemical.

After I tried Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate for a few months (I read that this is one of the few skincare products that actually work for anti-aging) I decided to completely switch to Kiehl's. Kiehl's looks expensive at the first glance, but if you do the math it's actually the same price as Tiege Hanley because Kiehl's products last much longer.

I have since switched to this stack:

Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facewash: I use it after waking up and before going to bed
Kiehl's Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream: I use it as a moisturizer in the morning but thinking about replacing it with something that has UV protection and Hyaluronic Acid
Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub: I use it 2-3x per week but thinking about replacing it with Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate: I use it every night before going to bed. It looks very expensive but you'll only need 2-3 drops per day, so a small bottle lasts very long.

All those 4 products combined were roughly $150 and they will last me at least half a year (except for the moisturizer maybe). So it boils down to $25 a month as well but you'll have products of one of the best skincare brands in the world.
DNPTHC
Goal: Get Laid Again
Motto: Just Try

Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:15 am

Everything I use is located in this post right here

https://www.goodlookingloser.com/forums ... alk-w-wood

However, skincare can be very individual. What works for one person may be terrible for another person's skin so keep that in mind.

two things I'd recommend adding is hyaluronic acid/vitamin C serum. 10-20usd off amazon.
Also a Clarisonic facial brush. it can be pricey but well worth the cost. Your skin will immediately look clearer afterward. about 100usd

if you have blackheads on your nose try those nose strip things any generic brand will do. they work well.
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:33 am

I really don't know what goes on in a dude's skincare routine. I really didn't care about it much, but I'll tell you this: my face gets dry very often.

So far, I am only using one thing for my face:
20200705_173127.jpg
That moisturizes my face so far. Though I really don't know what I should be looking for in a skincare routine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Mav
Name: Mason
Goal: Level Up
Motto: There Is No Tomorrow

Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Tiege Hanley is expensive for how little they actually give you in the bottles. You can go to walmart and buy similar products that are much larger/cheaper. Always felt like I had to ration my bottles with them. I've been using Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair w/ SPF 30 in the morning and without SPF at night. Has hyaluronic acid and retinol in it, moisturizes well. Also use Neutrogena cleanser with glycolic acid and GLL clay face mask a few times a week. Seems to be working well but still experimenting. Thinking about buying Retin A soon.
terry_crews87
Goal: get laid/online dating
Motto: sucess is positive action every day

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 am

I'm not messing with you guys this is my "stack"

hyalournic acid, egg white masks, betonite clay masks, cleanser, RETIN-A, coconut oil and grapeseed oil as mousiturizer, moisturizing sunscreen

That sounds like a shit tonne and totally rediculous but the facial/mask is once or twice a week , and hylalourinc acid and moisturizer and sunscreen everyday unless I forget. Just got the perscription for RETIN-A only been on a month but looks promising.

Coconut oil and grapeseed oil cost nothing and the bottle last for an eternity. All of this cost me less than $20 a month. I'm 33 and I get carded at the liquor store still, and people always think I'm in the early 20's. Even when I was living really unhealthy and smoking darts and drinking like crazy for years my skin looked great with this shit. (grapeseed is great it doesn't clog pores and doesnt look greasy at all. * you only need a tiny amount. Moisturizing and sunscreen are the most important by far those are the only essentials I think.
Last edited by terry_crews87 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:27 am

Roger roger needs to get over here from GLL

He has a ton of advice for this sort of thing
terry_crews87
Goal: get laid/online dating
Motto: sucess is positive action every day

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:21 am

@chado what were you using back then that didnt agree with you?
Mav

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:16 am

@chado Is your skin naturally dry? I have to use soap/shampoo at least once a day, very oily skin. Also think a lot of the concern with skincare is for anti aging, not just in the now.
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:15 am

My skincare routine:

* (AM only) Olehenriksen find your balance oil control cleanser
* (PM only) glo salicylic acid cleanser
* neutrogena alcohol free toner (via cottonball)
* (W/Su morning, evening if I forget): REN ready steady glow daily AHA tonic (via cottonball)
* Glytone enhance brightening serum
* Cetaphil hydrating eye gel cream w/ hyaluronic acid
* (AM only) Aveeno SPF 50 broad spectrum moisturizing sunscreen
* (PM only) Tretinoin lotion 0.05% (prescription) spot application to acne if present, else to chin (where it typically flares up)
* (PM only) Differin Gel
* (PM only) Olehenriksen transform plus goodnight glow retin-alt sleepling creme

Before ~one year ago I'd just wash my face once (sometimes twice) a day with bar soap (the black GLL one) and apply sunscreen.

- My face feels WAY better with this routine.
- The salicylic acid cleanser and differin gel / tretinoin matter the most for me for acne prevention/killing.
- Toner also feels awesome especially for the value.
- Serum also feels great but I wouldn't bust the bank for it.
- Night creme also feels amazing, about to resupply.
- I'll be using the salicylic acid and differin gel twice a day from autumnal to vernal equinox.

The routine came from here: https://www.esquire.com/style/grooming/ ... e-routine/

I bought the individual products as compromise between best reviews + cost/value.
Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:15 am

Leading on with what @chado said. The best thing for skin is just a healthy life style. My skins improve alot this year, and the only major change is I'm sleeping better and eating less junk. I've had a few stressful weeks due to mishaps at work, and I notive I always out in black heads when that happens.
JamalHash123
Goal: Get to $1k ecomm income

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:56 am

I use a Korean skincare brand - Innisfree- for all my skincare needs. I only use a cleansing foam (with salicyclic acid inside), moisturizer, and sunscreen, and I have perfect skin. I do have great skin genetics so YMMV
Mav

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Anyone have any advice for pores? Mine are fucking huge... probably because genetics/oily skin.
Thebastard
Goal: ....
Motto: ....

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Hyraluronic acid + a moisturiser called bio2you. Thrice a day. Only on 3rd, before bed switcheroo the moisturiser for prickly pear seed oil. Been doing this for a few months. 100% noticing differences. If my diet was better I think it would be a lot better though.
For my free 2016-2017 Golden Eagle Project pdf with commentary, PM me

2023 Goals
Sort my shit out
Mav

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Thebastard wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:01 pm
Hyraluronic acid + a moisturiser called bio2you. Thrice a day. Only on 3rd, before bed switcheroo the moisturiser for prickly pear seed oil. Been doing this for a few months. 100% noticing differences. If my diet was better I think it would be a lot better though.
Do you have a log documenting your fitness journey? If not, what did you do exactly. You looked absolutely shredded in a few pics I saw on gll.