Help me transform my crappy living room

Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Long story short:

I want to give my living room a facelift so that I can invite girls over. In the past we'd go to a bar or coffee shop around here and when I invited them home, we'd go straight to the bedroom. Bars and coffee shops are closed now so I want a place for us to chillax before deciding if I wanna bang or not. I'll definitely propose a walk, but I want to suggest "drinks at my place" as well.

A sofa would really help but I want to move out on August.

Here's where I need help:

What can I put in my living room to make it look half-decent?

My phone's screen broke couple days ago so I can't take pictures for the time being. If it helps, here's what I already have:

* small circular table
* this armchair http://prntscr.com/xzifma
* 2 chairs like that http://prntscr.com/xzihln
* a really old sofa that screeches

My biggest issue is that I'm used to touching/screening girls. Being separated by chairs might fuck up my gameplan. If there's no way around it, I'll sack up but wanted to see if someone here had any suggestion.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:59 pm

Bitches love tapestries on the wall
Crisis_Overcomer

Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Something like this:

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/24490139/%CE%A ... 270cm.html

?

I should also point out that I'm asking for advice on furniture. Although a tapestry seems like a nice addition.
Radical

Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:15 pm

I am a minimalist at heart man

All I want is a comfy sofa
A table for a screen/tv
A smaller table to eat off
A desk with an office chair

Im not sure what sort of extra furniture you can put in?
Crisis_Overcomer

Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:24 pm

Radical wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:15 pm
Im not sure what sort of extra furniture you can put in?
Me neither man. It just looks empty and kinda uncool without a good sofa. will see if I can get a few pics.
Radical

Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:41 pm

Get a good sofa and some throw pillows

Chicks dig blankets, pillows and cushions
Jake
Goal: Beat anxiety/fatigue

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 am

Will definitely need to see some pictures to say what you need furniture wise but you can probably bump up the vibe regardless of the furniture with some throw pillows, candles, colored lights and some haphazardly placed conversation pieces (guitar pick, a book/magazine, pack of cards, photos with friends etc)

Also if you’re looking for tables and stuff and you don’t mind a little sanding and painting there might be a local “freesale/buy nothing/freecycle” group you can find stuff on. I got a few tables, a monitor, and would have gotten a TV stand if it would fit in my car.
Vice
Goal: Hit 190 lbs

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:15 pm

I have received a lot of positive feedback with my apartment being "visually dense" (not cluttered) with interesting items. I have photographs of myself in various stages of my life, artifacts, sculptures, a lava lamp, a plasma lamp, fresh flowers, fossils, metal puzzles, stuffed animals, military gear, cool posters, and lots of books on a bookshelf with a huge amount of interesting items. There are literally dozens of items in my apartment that can start conversations in a variety of different directions. The magazines I have out actually pertain to my interests, so therefore are congruent with my personality (nothing is weirder than people having books and magazines about shit they're not interested in).
Vice's Log (Threesomes, military adventures, online dating shitshow, and shaking off the rust from night game: viewtopic.php?t=739