Postive / Healthy confirmation bias ? or am i stupid ?

Yaxir
Goal: Get Laid / Lose Fat

Sun May 16, 2021 5:27 pm

After coming here and getting help from everyone, i realize that something inside of me WANTS me to work out

and i'm not going to tag the gentleman (cos i have tagged him everytime i want to ask something and i don't wanna piss him off lol ), but Adam has been instrumental in making me WANT to workout and this is something i was just thinking about today

to tell you a bit about myself, i have some projects remaning for this semester and that's alot of work

so, previously i would be so focused on these that i would leave everything ( especially my physical health ) and focus on them

but today, i actually stayed hungry for about 2+ hours after waking up, until i could finish whatever workout i could do today AND THEN went to the campus cafe to get food

thing is, whenever i hear advice from someone on here, that addresses the life long inconsistency i had with working out and physical health, i get a dose of motivation ! (even though there's a lot of other work that should make me shit my pants, but now i have started to give no fucks ! )

can this be termed as Positive Confirmation Bias ? That my belief systems are being energized and empowered with the advice i am receiving from the members here ?

or am i just excited as a beginner ? i don't know what this feeling is but i really, really like it !

I really want to change and this time i will !

Really excited for the cardio workout tomorrow !

Much Love !
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Sun May 16, 2021 6:31 pm

Does it matter if it's positive confirmation bias or whatever you call it? If you want to work out, you work out. If you want to change your life, you do whatever it takes.

Recently, I jogged around my village for 30 mins. almost everyday. Even without motivation, I jogged and will jog now. It's useful for the start, but never fully depend on motivation or feelings to workout.
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Yaxir
Goal: Get Laid / Lose Fat

Sun May 16, 2021 8:55 pm

SIGMA_1234 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:31 pm
It's useful for the start, but never fully depend on motivation or feelings to workout
I was looking for this !

Thank you !

I need to clear my mind and make sure this is not situational or circumstantial, this is do or die !

i actually told myself " hey, when you're having a shitty .. workout twice as hard ! ( or something that your body can take lol ) "

I am in it to win it !

Have a great day !
Vice
Goal: Hit 190 lbs

Sun May 16, 2021 9:23 pm

I'd say it's a combination of the newbie surge of motivation, combined with having a specific goal with a tangible outcome at the end that is energizing you. Have you achieved any smaller goals yet? With myself, reaching smaller goals tends to get me motivated to reach the next one even faster. But yes, this is a positive thing, but be ready to mitigate it when you eventually have a slump.
Vice's Log (Threesomes, military adventures, online dating shitshow, and shaking off the rust from night game: viewtopic.php?t=739