Skin care

Logan123
Name: Logan
Goal: Get Laid

Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:28 am

Recently acne has been getting worse, idk if it's just me but there's so many things saying different things i'm not sure what to listen to, anyone got any reccomendations?
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: Writing full-time.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:30 am

I had a period with really bad acne when I was about 25, and I used accutane (really low dose) for about 3 weeks and it completely fixed it. As in, permanently - I don't get acne anymore.
I've also used salycilic acid to good effect too.

Your mileage with these may vary, but those 2 worked really well for me.
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

140+ lays / 14 threesomes / 1 foursome (MFFF)
Goals 2020: Pay all bills from coaching. Finish 3some & BDSM guides.
PM me for 1-on-1 coaching
Mav
Name: Mason
Goal: Get a Relationship
Motto: What One Man Can Do... Another Can Do

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:46 pm

@KillYourInnerLoser did it dry out your skin though?
skankhunt42
Goal: Getting laid

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:57 pm

oh mate I'm so glad these days are behind me. I suffered from acne well into my mid 20's, mostly the little forehead bumps and random puss mountain on the side of my nose. Something I never did or took seriously back then was drinking plenty of WATER. Gotta be the most underrated acne fix in my experience. The other thing is once you have washed your face - moisturize every day! Whatever you apply to your face will most likely dry it out - if you don't moisturize then your body will naturally find a way to add moisture back (oil) and you don't want that. I did use pro-activ back in the day which worked exceptionally well, though you have to keep it up, and it also apparently bleaches your skin slowly over time. good luck brother.
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: Writing full-time.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:52 am

Mav wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:46 pm
@KillYourInnerLoser did it dry out your skin though?
Nah
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

140+ lays / 14 threesomes / 1 foursome (MFFF)
Goals 2020: Pay all bills from coaching. Finish 3some & BDSM guides.
PM me for 1-on-1 coaching
chado
Name: Chad
Goal: Have a 3some
Motto: Think of the solution not the problem.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:25 pm

I posted about this before, but for my skincare routine I literally do nothing. I don't use any soap in the shower, nor shampoo. All I use is hyaluronic acid on my face after the shower, and put deodorant under my arms.

For years I had problems with pimples on my forehead. I tried diet, fasting, facecare routines, washes, rinses, soaps, lotions, moisturizers, professional detox, everything. Nothing worked until I stopped doing anything. I know it seems counter intuitive but try it for a month and see what happens.

here is my skin and it's been like this for the past year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacTheKnife
Goal: Date hotter women

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:34 pm

First off I'll say definitely try what chado said. No need to do more than necessary, and it's good to start with a baseline to see how your skin does naturally.

If that doesn't improve, feel free to try out what I did. I struggled with acne for ages and ages, now I very rarely have acne. So here are all the things that have worked for me personally:

1. Never ever ever touching my face - Even now, if I touch my face I can more or less guarantee I'll have a zit there the next day. I'm pretty sure this is from the oil on fingertips.
2. Eating well/keeping stress to a minimum - If I eat like absolute shit one day (especially oily foods), I sometimes have a zit the next day. Same goes for if I had a ridiculously stressful day and didn't take time to calm myself down.
3. Go to a store for skin care or the skin care section of any department store. (I went to The Body Shop since my friend worked there.) Talk with the employees working there about your skin type (oily/dry/combination/etc.) Start using cleanser, toner, moisterizer they recommend for your skin type (I use the Seaweed product line, which is for oily/combination skin). And FYI, it took my skin a few days to adjust to this - got a little worse before it got better.
4. Use Benzoyl Peroxide. This has definitely helped me the most. I use this (https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-acn ... id-1015802). And again, it took my skin a few days to adjust to this. Once it did and I started using this consistently, my skin really cleared up.
5. Use one of those products if you've been sweating. I usually use the cleanser/toner/moisterizer every morning in the shower, then the benzoyl peroxide RIGHT after a workout. Or if I haven't worked out but my face feels a little oily, I'll just give it a wash before bed.
6. If you still have acne issues after this, see a dermatologist. They'll know best and will be able to recommend next steps. I believe the last thing they'll recommend is accutane (which is the nuclear option, but supposedly it works great).

Keep in mind that most likely you'll always get acne from time to time. I still get a zit every month or so, but they're rare and gone quick.

And as a last note, try working out more. I'm not 100% about this, but once I started working out consistently and getting into good shape it seemed like acne became less common (as long as I washed my face ASAP after I was sweating).
rydawg
Goal: Start My Business

Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:07 pm

Honestly, low dose accutane >> everything else.

I use 7mg/day & it almost completely gets rid of my acne with no side effects.
I start to get very mild dry lips if I go up to 10mg/day. Haven't gone high enough to notice dry skin or anything like that.

Accutane is an extremely powerful drug & the 40-80mg doses doctors prescribe are meant to permanently change your skin. It's very effective at getting rid of acne, without side effects, at much much lower doses.
2020 Goals:
* Get my software business up & going
* Go from 255 lbs -> 230 lbs
* Improve style & get new tinder pics
* Start having threesomes with my bi GF
dashedhopes
Name: Tristan Nigro
Goal: Increase Sub Count
Motto: Anything is better than nothing.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:26 pm

rydawg wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:07 pm
Honestly, low dose accutane >> everything else.

I use 7mg/day & it almost completely gets rid of my acne with no side effects.
I start to get very mild dry lips if I go up to 10mg/day. Haven't gone high enough to notice dry skin or anything like that.

Accutane is an extremely powerful drug & the 40-80mg doses doctors prescribe are meant to permanently change your skin. It's very effective at getting rid of acne, without side effects, at much much lower doses.
how long do you stay on that low of a dose?

I did like 40mg when I was a kid and it lasted 3-5 months and I've never had a problem with acne afterwards.

Would rather carry around some moisturizer and get that shit over with than take it for a year or more.
24 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Youtube Channel - https://bit.ly/2CbEbKK (Road to 10k Before End of 2021)
MattsCrib
Name: Matt
Goal: Get rid of hatred

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Logan123 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:28 am
Recently acne has been getting worse, idk if it's just me but there's so many things saying different things i'm not sure what to listen to, anyone got any reccomendations?
To be completely honest, at least for me, mild acne Is a thing I still get from time to time.
It IS mostly hormonal (it WILL probably get better as you grow older, 19 is pretty much the height. At least was for me)

1) Don't touch your face
2) Wash it daily with soap.
3) Figure out if it's caused either by dry skin or oily skin, then act accordingly.

For me, it is caused by oily skin, which means that it gets worse in late autumn/winter. (no sun exposure)

Go see a dermatologist if possible.
rydawg
Goal: Start My Business

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 pm

dashedhopes wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:26 pm

how long do you stay on that low of a dose?
I take it for intermittent hormonal acne caused by other medications that I take. So only really as needed when it flairs up.
2020 Goals:
* Get my software business up & going
* Go from 255 lbs -> 230 lbs
* Improve style & get new tinder pics
* Start having threesomes with my bi GF
GravyTrain
Goal: Make money
Motto: Hustle & Motivate

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:59 am

rydawg wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 pm
I take it for intermittent hormonal acne caused by other medications that I take. So only really as needed when it flairs up.
I've had trouble getting a script for low dose... where do you get it??

I've struggled with breakouts since I was like 14.

Shit sucks to say the least. Completely ruins your confidence.

I have tried all topicals, RX and OTC. None did shit for me.

I'm convinced now that it's a combo of stress, bad eating, and SWEATING/BEING GROSS/NOT SHOWERING.

If I go over 24 hours without a shower I'm gonna get something.

If I go to bed with sweat/nasty/haven't washed my face/neck I'm gonna get something.

If I do any of that in combo with eating shit food (oily food), def gonna get a breakout.

I've taken Accutane 60MG for 4 months, then it came back about a year later.

Then took the Tane again at 40MG for another 5 months about 2 years later. Came back about a year after.

The doc says it's because I didn't finish the entire dose (80MG for 6 FULL months) and skipped around etc, which is true, I did not ever finish an entire full 80MG 6 month dose.

Last time I got 10MG dose for a few months and it was cool, but still get some breakouts if I'm nasty/eating/stressed.

Would love to know where you guys are getting low dose scripts or pills from, and also HOW LONG you're taking them for.

Accutane is 100% NOT good for you so I'd like to either just take another 80MG 6 month dose and get it over with, OR do periods of 10mg/day doses when needed... not quite sure tho. The 80MG doses are absolutely fucked side effect wise, but at that point, I did not care. Anything was worth being breakout free.

Now it's more or less under control, I'll go for days without getting any new breakouts but they still come sometimes, maybe a few per week and it's annoying... I'd love to avoid a massive Tane dose again tho cause it royally fucked me up the first 2 times.
24 Years Old
2020 Goals:
50k/mo profit (38/50 Done)
Have Meaningful Relationships with Women
5 Days Snowboarding

MY YT CHANNEL (COPY WHAT I'M DOING TO MAKE MONEY):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdIDA3 ... EbtQTYz90A