I'm looking for a stratagey, plan, or goal, for getting getting into photography. Any help?

Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Mon May 23, 2022 8:58 pm

After reading alot of Andy's guides in the past, I really want to get into photography.

In the digital age, having high quality pictures of yourself is an incredibly upowerful tool for building a brand and image. In his articles, Andy shows how through he can show his worth to others in the digital world, and use it as useful tool to build relationships with.

Thing is, I'm not sure where to begin.

I've borrowed my Dads DSLR a few times, but I haven't really been able to get motivated to use it.

I'm thinking of buyign my own DSLR, and really getting to know it's ins and outs. The sense of owership I think would help me get seriously engaged.

Could anyone recommend what sort of camera I should be buying for taking pictures of people? I remebr seeing a recommendation of Andys website ages ago, but I can't find it now, and I expect it out of date at this point.

Even if I had a camera and understood it mechanically, I am not certain how I would teach myself to use it. For lack of better words, are there any 'syllabusus' or 'corses' people would recommend?

As I'm on the anime convention scene, alot of my friends are cosplayers. I could definitly have some fun taking photographs with my friends. Which I think would be a fun way of starting this hobby.
bonzo34
Name: Alex
Goal: 50 "made love"

Mon May 23, 2022 10:47 pm

Last edited by bonzo34 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
dating

resolve job/income

Be an Army Officer

50 lays. 1/50

The first time you quit, it's hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don't even have to think about it.
be transparent as possible. Stop setting plays. Stop playing chess with life.
you make progress when you face a fear head on
AmericanAndy
Goal: Relationship,Threesomes

Mon May 23, 2022 11:00 pm

A 50mm prime lens is good because wont have any lens distortion or stretching. You will need to walk closer since it has no zoom but you will have a natural look. Another lens would be a do-it-all 55-200mm zoom for all kinds of events and places.
Jesseetc
Name: Jake
Goal: A good sex life

Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:39 am

Generally speaking, you’ll want to buy a less good body and a nicer lens. So do that and get what’s in your budget. If it’s a DSLR, you’re all good.

When I was taking photo classes, we often did similar projects related to bracketing, framing, POV (worms eye and birds eye), speed of subject, panning, tilt shifts, portraits and landscapes. So that’s where I’d start, in addition to whatever I could find on YouTube.

While learning how to take photos, also learn to edit them with Photoshop. My knowledge here is like 10 years out of date but I can sum it up if you want.
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:21 am

I work shooting video and photo

I’ll be as concise as possible
- do not buy a DSLR, these are old you will buy a mirrorless camera
- Canon RP + a 50mm + get the Ef to R adapter and you can adapter older lenses on. Recco Sigma or Tamron 24-70
- shoot RAW
- learn to edit Lightroom on pc and mobile
- join a photo group
- do a 365 day project
- renting lenses are the best bang for buck till you know what you want to do
Jesseetc
Name: Jake
Goal: A good sex life

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:34 am

Adrizzle wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:21 am
I work shooting video and photo

I’ll be as concise as possible
- do not buy a DSLR, these are old you will buy a mirrorless camera
- Canon RP + a 50mm + get the Ef to R adapter and you can adapter older lenses on. Recco Sigma or Tamron 24-70
- shoot RAW
- learn to edit Lightroom on pc and mobile
- join a photo group
- do a 365 day project
- renting lenses are the best bang for buck till you know what you want to do
I love the correction, thank you bro. I learned on a god damn D3200, so it’s been awhile. I’d heard of mirrorless cameras, but I wasn’t sure if they’d been widely adopted yet. Now I know what to get, thanks!