Supplement thread

HomelessBob
Goal: Build a business
Motto: Set goals, study up, perfect systems

Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:08 pm

I would add to Pancake's take and point out it's an open secret in the supplement industry that what you're buying is way too often the wrong dose, or in cases of many herbal supplements the wrong supplement entirely. Herbal supplement from China = lol.

There are vanishingly few reliable supplement brands.

Vitamin D is the shit in theory but when studied just keeps dissapointing us. Takeaway: Get some actual sunlight in the summer months, in the morning for circadian health and midday for vitamin D. You want a testosterone supplement that actually works? Sunlight. I think one old study tested UV light on the chest or something and found crazy results.

If you take Vitamin D might as well take K2 for the synergy. The best D supps include it anyway.

Omega 3 is the shit. For mental health and more. Better absorbed from Salmon (eat the skin, it's where most of the omega 3 oils are), for bonus points eat it with turmeric and black pepper for absorbtion.

Vitamin C is overblown but cheap and hard to overdose on so knock yourself out.

Creatine Monohydrate, sure. Well studied, mental and physical benefits.

Zinc helps sleep. Nuff said.

Coffee and green tea. I know it gets clicks on youtube videos to say otherwise, but they aint gonna kill you. A cup of coffee isn't a steaming cup of pure caffeine. It's a complex antioxidant rich drink with numerous health benefits.

COLLAGEN. WHY GOD DOES NOBODY TALK ABOUT COLLAGEN. AND WHY ARE WOMEN BUYING IT IN TINY PILLS WHEN BAKERS BUY IT BY THE KILOGRAM.

I guess there's a few more with fringe benefits but honestly it's not about benefits, it's about magnitude of that benefit.

I see interviews from that famous anti aging guy who talks about taking metformin and the latest cutting edge biohacks and he mentions "oh yea I should really fix my sleep".

Fuck you wierd resveratrol guy. Get some sleep, it'll help your health way more than whatever mitochondrial health supplement the biohackers are flogging this week.

"Oh yea let me tell you about all these mechanisms we're theorising about".

FUCK YOU WIERD RESVERATROL GUY SHOW ME THE CROSSOVER STUDY.

My take:

-Good friends (relationships are the number one predictor of happiness)

-Sleep and circadian health (sunlight!)

-Lifting

-Diet (don't be deficient in stuff, get enough protien)

-Sex with multiple partners you find attractive (shown to improve testosterone)

-Gut health if you want

Done!
Goals:

1. Start 1-2 online businesses and go part time with my main gig

2. Get to being decent again at OLD

3. Get to being *chefs kiss* at tinder (with a 'lil coaching)
hush
Goal: build my physique

Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:50 pm

hush wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:38 pm
I've heard about Tyrosin, that would regulate dopamine or something and that would be helpful for addicts. I'll try that soon
Tyrosin is freaking awesome

I can't really explain why, I have no idea. I can sustain focus for hours, I feel good. Dunno if it's just life that has been good lately or Tyrosin, in doubt I'd suggest everyone overdoses Tyrosin

edit: it's definitely the tyrosin