How do I get over self limiting beliefs?

Kronos1
Name: Abe
Goal: Get Fit, Laid, Business
Motto: Stay Consistent and Committed

Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:53 pm

I've been out of college for a year or so, but I always felt like there were some cool factor to each person. Growing up from a Middle Eastern background I feel like I missed out on some of that and most of the guys I would see in my college hooking up were mainly white or black guys. I know that even if I'm at a disadvantage in the States. How do I get out of my head about self limiting beliefs and create my own vibe, aesthetic, or abundance mentality?
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:59 pm

By telling yourself that you're the man.

Sorry to be a douche but how we roll around here is that it's better to create a log detailing your consistent progress, then everyone else helps out.

We really can't give you any specific helpful advice because... I noticed you're new around here. And also we don't know if you're already got looks, what your social calibration looks like, and what your experience with girls has been yet.
Nerd Turned Model

Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Kronos1
Name: Abe
Goal: Get Fit, Laid, Business
Motto: Stay Consistent and Committed

Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:11 pm

Alright I'll jot some stuff down for a log.
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:16 pm

You don't. At least not through some mental trick you practice in your apartment.

You need to start doing small things you find difficult, uncomfortable, or wildly incongruent with who you are. You can pay attention to how you're feeling AS you're doing the thing you identify as something you're incapable, and how you're still doing it anyway. As you do that the beliefs get weaker, and your self-confidence goes up. Repeat with things that are more difficult and more uncomfortable.

Eventually the self limiting beliefs become so incongruent with your experienced reality that they become ludicrous.
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:35 pm

Zug wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:16 pm
Eventually the self limiting beliefs become so incongruent with your experienced reality that they become ludicrous.
Yep this is the essence of it. You cannot logically convince yourself to unlearn a belief when your real world experiences are completely contradictory. Your brain reacts far more strongly to real world evidence.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~444/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist