Where to get started

double_trouble
Name: j
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Nothing's impossible

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:21 am

Hi guys, first post here.

I've read all of Andy's articles and I'm here to commit. Right now life feels so suffocating. I just moved back in with my parents (I know) to start my graduate program at a top university in a big city. This girl who lived in my home city, who I was never able to make anything happen with, jumped back on my radar. Everything seemed like it was on an upswing. Then covid hit.

I've basically been a prisoner in my room for almost a year now. Work is grinding, the weather is cold and lockdowns are tightening, and I live with my parents, brother, dog, and my brother's piano teacher (long story). I've tried tinder, bumble, okcupid, etc., not much luck. I have 0 good photos, 0 friends in this city, 0 opportunities to leave my house. I'm in the worst shape of my life despite being in great shape before the gyms closed. And the girl rejected me, so here I am. Starting from square one. A tabula rasa for this forum, I hope. Honestly if I could just make some friends here that would be great.

I'm just a bit lost on what to start working on first. Bear in mind that I have a) tons of money to spend and b) tons of work to do. So I have money but not time. Part of me says just give up on the apps and focus on fitness for a few months. Another part of me says I should start trying to get better photos of myself. Another part says work with what I got. Come April I believe the lockdowns will be close to being over, the weather will be nicer, and I will have a lot of free time. Should I just focus on fitness until then? Also while I have money, I want to spend it efficiently and not just blow it on a bunch of designer clothes that barely help me.

Please help guys, I'm really feel like a prisoner.
Reservoir
Name: Dimitri
Goal: Get Laid

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 am

Don't know where you live, but that prison is probably an illusion. You can still go out your house, right?

You can invite girls over or go to theirs. You can workout at a park or workout from home with bodyweight alternatives. You can do photoshoots with good camera equipment and land decent shots after hundreds/thousands of tries. You can upgrade your wardrobe with a few pieces of clothing from regular stores like Zara / H&M. Anything's doable if you're serious about it. And doing any of that will get you out of the house.

If you want feedback from members on the major things to focus on in your case, you should probably post your tinder pics. Usually getting lean, getting a good haircut, and having clothes that fit are the first things to fix.
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:49 am

double_trouble wrote:
I have 0 good photos, 0 friends in this city
You can fix this
double_trouble wrote:
Part of me says just give up on the apps and focus on fitness for a few months
You can let this run in the background. No need to "focus" on it.
double_trouble wrote:
Another part of me says I should start trying to get better photos of myself
You can do this.
double_trouble wrote:
Come April I believe the lockdowns will be close to being over, the weather will be nicer, and I will have a lot of free time.
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT wait until April before you start working on your goals. I waited ONE WHOLE YEAR before I took action, and I am kicking myself today for it. I really wish somebody told me months - a year ago what @Reservoir just said, that our "prison" is just an illusion. If you start now, you will enter post-lockdown with a running start.

For context, I:

-) wasted 1 whole year mentally masterbating about careers and getting laid
-) 3 months ago, I met 1 new girl every Saturday until December. Most I made out with, some I fingered, some I fucked
-) started a freelance business. Nowhere profitable but I got a new skill under my belt so I don't look like a bum, even when applying for jobs
-) Upgraded my wardrobe but nowhere near perfect yet.

In most cases, I hate the pandemic. But looking back, I can compare it to being an inmate with nothing to do in prison: he can't do anything, so he just focuses on exercising, making new friends with other inmates, & learning a new trade in prison. Once he leaves prison, he is a much more productive member in society. As much as it took me a while, it was finally a net positive for me in the end.

You basically listed your to-do list now. Get to work.
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
double_trouble
Name: j
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Nothing's impossible

Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Thank you Reservoir and SIGMA for your comments. You're right that the prison is just an illusion.
Thebastard
Goal: ....
Motto: ....

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:44 pm

I think the best bet would be to sort out your priorities and develop a game-plan for 2021. Start with A1/A2 (A1 will likely be your occupation/studies). A2 could be optimising your physique for example - set a goal for April seeing as that is when you anticipate things will be different RE: lockdown.

Then the B priority stuff. And yes, you can still send 100 messages on hinge every day, swipe 100 times on bumble/tinder and use boosts at the best times. Every month you could do a pro photoshoot. And when your physique is optimised, then you upgrade your wardrobe (unless it stinks right now). Then another photoshoot and so on.
For my free 2016-2017 Golden Eagle Project pdf with commentary, PM me

2023 Goals
Sort my shit out
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:46 pm

Any update here?

Edit: Lol this dude hasn't even logged in ever since day 2 in the forums
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income