How to Quit Caffeine & Why You Should (Spoiler: it kills your dick)

Crypto
Goal: Get Lean (4-6 pack)
Motto: Hard Choices, Easy Life

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:42 am

I'm glad I quit it years ago, mainly for my sleep. Still have an occasional coffee but very rarely

Abs Lvl 3 - [82.5kg] ➔ [80kg] ➔ [77.5kg]
Tinder Lvl 1 - [Take Photos] ➔ [Make Profile] ➔ [Get a Date]
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:07 am

I take coffee every other morning. How often is "often" for you?
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Master
Name: Maxime
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Stay hard - David Goggins

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:42 am

Interesting post.
I also quit caffeine when I started my journey 4months ago, but it was by accident lol. I took decaf without knowing it for 2 weeks and felt like shit for like a good week without knowing why and then discovered I drank decaf all this time. Then I just decided to stop since I didnt need it anymore and thats how I "cured" myself lol.
I used to have a big problem with caffeine consumption, took a shit ton of Monster energy, 1-3 per day for 5 years then stopped, but continued with 2-3 coffee per day for a long time + Gfuel in the afternoon.
Stopping caffeine has been a fucking blessing in my life. I have now more energy than ever and if I want a boost, I just take a small cup of dark coffee and I have unlimited energy for the whole day without the downfall of being addicted to it.
Highly recommend to anyone to stop caffeine, it sucks but push through it and your life will be better without it.

Kind of abused caffeine lately since I slept like shit for multiple days and had to prepare and do the moving of my brother's, my place and work on my dads house. Stopped again this week and really felt the downfall of energy again. I currently have a big drop in libido and have 100 reasons why in my head, notably nofap flatline, but I read at multiple place that caffeine can affect my dong, so maybe its a mix of a lot of things. Thanks for this post, will definitely be harder on myself and try to avoid caffeine as much as possible "AGAIN"
Short term goals
[*] Take awesome tinder photos ✅
[*] Reach 175lbs (currently 178)
[*] 5 lays by the end 2021 (12/5) ✅
[*] 20 lays by the end 2021 (12/20)

Long term goals
[*] Beat AA program (Started June 5)
[*] 10-12% bodyfat
[*] 25 Lifetime Lays (15/30)
RobbyRhomboids
Name: Rob
Goal: Make >€25,000/year
Motto: Complacency is the death of man

Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:45 pm

Caffeine has always been interesting for me. I have a very confusing relationship with it. Times I have quit have helped me out tremendously in regards to feeling better, but when I binge it I get so much done it is absurd. Maybe I ought to try quitting again, as I've been using it heavily for about a year.
God_of_thunder
Name: Ivan
Goal: Get into OPERA HOUSE
Motto: Whole world is just a playground.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:17 pm

Vice is damn right about caffeine! I was drinking it since high school and in the uni I`ve started to drink like 3 espresso a day (not for productivity, but more as a social thing). Long story short: I`ve seen that I can`t think clearly without caffeine, I`ve had horrible mood before coffee every other day and also after coffee I was feeling great (like on drugs sort of happines) but my productivity was all over place. I`ve quit cold turkey (during my vacation)... First 3 weeks I was like a zombie:
- no motivation to do anything
- can`t concentrate (even when I was interacting with people I was trying to concentrate on topic and even small quick answers was hard to do)
So now I am Caffeine free for like a 5 months I feeling great. Gut health improved, no more mood swings and feeling great.
I become more calmer. When I am speaking with people I could easily maintain eye contact and speak with confidene, like I am really present.
I could not over emphasize impact on my life and inner well-being of qutting caffeine.
Only problem which happening from time-to-time, when I got drunk and drink some pepsi with it I couldn`t sleep at all ! Even small can of pepsi could mess up whole my sleep!