Crimson vs. Hopelessness: Suicidal Ideation

User avatar
Drama
Posts: 77 | Thanks: 82
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:21 am
Name: Dave
Goal: Get on top of my shit
Age: 30
Motto: Most men live lives of quiet desperation

Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:41 pm

Hey dude, from someone who's been in the absolute hell hole of suicidal depression, my number one recommendation is to hit the gym consistently. Any kind of exercise helps, but gym is very, very rewarding. It will start to rewire your brain and lessen those feelings.

Obviously depression and suicidal ideation are much more complex than just hitting the gym, but any pathway to stability in mental health requires action.

The other thing I'd recommend is journalling - It's a surefire way to sort out what your mind is actually thinking, forcing you to put it into structured sentences rather than incoherent ramblings.
Goals 2022:

90kg BW @ 10% BF - 86/90 @ 14%/10%
Approach 150 women- 140/150
Get laid from cold approach
Have a threesome
Fuck a 9
Earn 350K- 190/350
User avatar
Crimson
Posts: 299 | Thanks: 220
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:12 pm
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Age: 19
Motto: Embrace the challenge.
Location: Germany

Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:51 pm

Drama wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:41 pm
Hey dude, from someone who's been in the absolute hell hole of suicidal depression, my number one recommendation is to hit the gym consistently. Any kind of exercise helps, but gym is very, very rewarding. It will start to rewire your brain and lessen those feelings.

Obviously depression and suicidal ideation are much more complex than just hitting the gym, but any pathway to stability in mental health requires action.

The other thing I'd recommend is journalling - It's a surefire way to sort out what your mind is actually thinking, forcing you to put it into structured sentences rather than incoherent ramblings.
Thank you for the practical advice. I’ve actually been quitting on the gym for the last couple days because I’ve been feeling this way. Ironic considering it would help me. I will go tomorrow.

And I will buy a journal tomorrow as well, I totally get what you’re saying about how it helps to process your thoughts.

Crimson
My Progress Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1564

My Mental Health Log: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1416
User avatar
Drama
Posts: 77 | Thanks: 82
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:21 am
Name: Dave
Goal: Get on top of my shit
Age: 30
Motto: Most men live lives of quiet desperation

Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:00 pm

Crimson wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:51 pm
Thank you for the practical advice. I’ve actually been quitting on the gym for the last couple days because I’ve been feeling this way. Ironic considering it would help me. I will go tomorrow.

And I will buy a journal tomorrow as well, I totally get what you’re saying about how it helps to process your thoughts.

Crimson
Yeah man, use the gym as an outlet for all your negative feelings. Anger and frustration can be used as tools to drive your workouts, and it will reduce those feelings in the process. The biggest thing with this is keeping consistent. Make sure you have some fitness goals laid out and a plan to get there. Get a personal trainer if you're lost.

Other things to look at are diet and sleep routing. Gym, diet and sleep are the three fundamental pillars to good mental health.

Another really good practice is waking up at the same time every day. There are studies done on this that show it's one of the most effective ways to reduce depression.

And with journalling, be as honest with yourself as you possibly can. Later on you can start incorporating things you're reading. I recommend "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius for stoicism, but if you want some Red Pill material, there's tonnes out there too, ie. "The Rational Male".
Goals 2022:

90kg BW @ 10% BF - 86/90 @ 14%/10%
Approach 150 women- 140/150
Get laid from cold approach
Have a threesome
Fuck a 9
Earn 350K- 190/350
User avatar
Crimson
Posts: 299 | Thanks: 220
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:12 pm
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Age: 19
Motto: Embrace the challenge.
Location: Germany

Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:42 am

Drama wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:00 pm
Crimson wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:51 pm
Thank you for the practical advice. I’ve actually been quitting on the gym for the last couple days because I’ve been feeling this way. Ironic considering it would help me. I will go tomorrow.

And I will buy a journal tomorrow as well, I totally get what you’re saying about how it helps to process your thoughts.

Crimson
Yeah man, use the gym as an outlet for all your negative feelings. Anger and frustration can be used as tools to drive your workouts, and it will reduce those feelings in the process. The biggest thing with this is keeping consistent. Make sure you have some fitness goals laid out and a plan to get there. Get a personal trainer if you're lost.

Other things to look at are diet and sleep routing. Gym, diet and sleep are the three fundamental pillars to good mental health.

Another really good practice is waking up at the same time every day. There are studies done on this that show it's one of the most effective ways to reduce depression.

And with journalling, be as honest with yourself as you possibly can. Later on you can start incorporating things you're reading. I recommend "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius for stoicism, but if you want some Red Pill material, there's tonnes out there too, ie. "The Rational Male".
Thanks, I went to the gym yesterday, it’s such a great way to let out your resentment etc.
My sleep schedule is messed up, I can’t remember the last time I had 8 or even 7 hours of sleep.

I will started journaling today as well. As of right now, I’m reading “You Can’t Afford The Luxury Of A Negative Thought”, but I will add “Meditations” and “The Rational Male” to the list.

Crimson
My Progress Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1564

My Mental Health Log: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1416
User avatar
Manly Cockfellow
Posts: 114 | Thanks: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 pm
Goal: Have fun killingmyloser
Age: 37
Motto: Mk no smll plans; thy hv no pwr to stir mens blood

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm



This is a guy who has also struggled with his mental health, and what worked for him is practicing mindfulness.

If you like his YouTube video on mindfulness I'd recommend his skillshare class as well (it's only about 20-30 min and is free if you cancel your subscription after watching).

And definitely keep reading You Can't Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
User avatar
Crimson
Posts: 299 | Thanks: 220
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:12 pm
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Age: 19
Motto: Embrace the challenge.
Location: Germany

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:53 pm

Manly Cockfellow wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm


This is a guy who has also struggled with his mental health, and what worked for him is practicing mindfulness.

If you like his YouTube video on mindfulness I'd recommend his skillshare class as well (it's only about 20-30 min and is free if you cancel your subscription after watching).

And definitely keep reading You Can't Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
Thank you for the recommendation, I’ve actually watched a couple of his videos, I’ll watch this one right now. And I will keep reading the book, it’s so eye-opening.
My Progress Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1564

My Mental Health Log: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1416
Post Reply