Goals for 2023 - NightRoller's Semiregular Update Log

NightRoller
Name: Graham
Goal: Get Career Job, Move
Motto: Win and help win

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Updates 9/17:

-Approached 1 girl, she was married.
-Overate my calories...again. I ask myself if I'm taking this seriously enough. Does "making sure food I bought/obtained doesn't go to waste" or "eating when I'm bored and think of food even when I'm already full" matter as much as "making sure I'm on a calorie deficit and moving towards those sweet abs"? When I think about it like that, it doesn't matter nearly as much, but my day-to-day actions and choices say otherwise. In other words, I'm losing sight of my priorities and goals and letting my short-term thinking override my aims. The next time I'm thinking about making sure I'm not hungry, or considering eating when I'm not hungry, or thinking of eating food that's going to spoil soon just to make sure it doesn't go to waste, my focus will be to remember my goal of eating less and choosing to prioritize that (and staying under my target calories) over those other concerns. If there's discomfort or fatigue, bring it on! It's doing things that are hard, facing the things that scare me, which will be the tools to reach my goals sooner instead of later. Counting calories isn't the end-all-be-all, but if I want to eat my muffins leftover from a picnic, I need to cut back on how much I eat appropriately, which may end up with fewer meals or smaller amounts than I may want. And that will help me to get back on track with weight loss, instead of putting on more fat and muscle.

-Did my first day of work at the bar. I love it more than any factory job I've done, even though I was just washing/retrieving dishes. It feels like I'm able to work as a team with others instead of only focusing on my own little thing, and I love that teamwork and seeing so many people in the house. I'm excited to work on security this next week sometime. Also got me many more steps than I usually make in a day, almost double my average.
Goals: See this post
Skill-based 365 project
Laycount: 28 --- In 2023: 12 (as of May 03'23)
NightRoller

Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:26 pm

Update 9/18:

-Approached 1 girl, got a weak non-texting phone number
-Hit the gym
-Did a better job of hitting my calorie goals. I need to take it more seriously though and maintain a hard calorie deficit. I need to remember, if I'm full, I don't want to eat (and become potentially painfully full) and become fat. My body is already satisfied, I don't need more.
-Had a late night for bed from homework
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:01 pm

9/19 Update:

-5 or 6 approaches. 1 number, but she had a boyfriend (I hadn't made enough of a spark with flirting/banter/teasing in person); the rest had boyfriends/girlfriends. I'm doing better than before about actually going up to girls while I'm going about my way somewhere.
-Stayed within my calorie goals.
-Had a short meeting with RedPillDad, we identified that I'm getting more rejections off the bat (which is good, because it shows I'm actually getting my intent across), but that I'm not showing enough value (via stories or teases/exaggerations/flirting) for the interactions to be solid. I know what I need to work on, now it's time to work on it.
-We also noticed that I need to learn how to use airpods to record my approach conversations, so I can relay them reliably to RPD instead of just giving him my own analysis (which could have many blind spots).
-Swing danced
Skill-based 365 project
AmericanAndy
Goal: Relationship,Threesomes

Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:27 am

sometimes chicks might not receive a text. Try to call at least.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:01 am

AmericanAndy wrote:
Disagree. Do not call girls out of the blue after getting a cold approach number. Especially if they're college students. This has been out of fashion since the mid-2000s.
NightRoller

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:20 pm

9/20 Update:

-1 or 2 approaches, no numbers
-Hit the gym
-Recognizing now that I have lost basically no weight, though I do look slightly better than a month ago. With only 3 months left, I need to take this more seriously:
Calculating up my logged calories (everything that went into my mouth) over the past 34 days I've been logging it, it amounts to 65,168 Cals => 1916.7 calories per day. This is approximately my maintenance level. Unfortunately, as a fairly skinny/light guy and with little time to add cardio, it means that I need to reduce calories further. My previous goal (which I obviously superceded a lot, especially when I forgot to only eat when hungry as opposed to eating whenever my brain told me to eat) was about 1800 calories. That was assuming my maintenance was around 2100 as a somewhat active guy who goes to the gym. Now, I've set my daily goal around 1650. I will also go running 3 times a week for 20 minutes, increasing over time in length and intensity. This will take a little transition, but if I keep an average around 1650 I know I'll lose weight, and get closer to my goal of abs significantly quicker (I'm getting tired of this round belly).

======
Replies:
AmericanAndy wrote:
It might be better to get a snapchat or Instagram (though I'm inactive/poor profile on both), but calling anyone is somewhat taboo nowadays. Not saying it wouldn't work, but it would be seen as quite strange.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:49 pm

9/21 Updates:

-Went over calories again. I ate so much that I feel like skipping breakfast because I'm already full, and I'll be going lower-calories today and tomorrow to compensate for the overage in calories.
-Worked the door. I loved it! It's exactly the kind of job I was looking for, where I get to talk to a bunch of people and see many cute girls while working a job that isn't half-bad.
-Read RPD's spiking/teasing pdfs (finally), made plans to practice them soon.
-3 approaches, 2 blowouts and 1 boyfriend.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 pm

9/22 Updates:

-1 approach of 3 girls dressed for the gym; blowout, I wasn't close enough in front of them and they kept walking, as did I in the direction opposite.
-Gym, increasing little by little in the weight (and sometimes not increasing weight but increasing reps/set, then dropping it back down to normal for the next higher weight) to not take it too fast while running this diet.
-Doing a better job at regulating my calorie/food intake; overate somewhat but made choices and adjustments to not binge like crazy and to make the following day counter-balance it and keep on track overall, more or less.
-Had some fun and simultaneously "mildly infuriating" banter with a girl who knew most of the kitchen guys on my work shift, hugged most of them, and seemed somewhat interested but also annoyed by me (and not giving her my attention and validation constantly like the other guys, who even let her get in the way of doing their jobs). That was the kind of inspiring experience I want to have more of... and now that I don't look like a total shmuck 24/7, I do have a decent shot at talking to those kinds of hot girls who play the flirty frame-control games without getting completely steamrolled.
-Lost my booty call, Miss Plump. She blocked me with no apparent explanation.
Skill-based 365 project
AmericanAndy
Goal: Relationship,Threesomes

Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:30 am

NightRoller wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:20 pm
9/20 Update:

-1 or 2 approaches, no numbers
-Hit the gym
-Recognizing now that I have lost basically no weight, though I do look slightly better than a month ago. With only 3 months left, I need to take this more seriously:
Calculating up my logged calories (everything that went into my mouth) over the past 34 days I've been logging it, it amounts to 65,168 Cals => 1916.7 calories per day. This is approximately my maintenance level. Unfortunately, as a fairly skinny/light guy and with little time to add cardio, it means that I need to reduce calories further. My previous goal (which I obviously superceded a lot, especially when I forgot to only eat when hungry as opposed to eating whenever my brain told me to eat) was about 1800 calories. That was assuming my maintenance was around 2100 as a somewhat active guy who goes to the gym. Now, I've set my daily goal around 1650. I will also go running 3 times a week for 20 minutes, increasing over time in length and intensity. This will take a little transition, but if I keep an average around 1650 I know I'll lose weight, and get closer to my goal of abs significantly quicker (I'm getting tired of this round belly).

======
Replies:
AmericanAndy wrote:
It might be better to get a snapchat or Instagram (though I'm inactive/poor profile on both), but calling anyone is somewhat taboo nowadays. Not saying it wouldn't work, but it would be seen as quite strange.
Yea usually instagram I've had no problem with. Texting, there's been glitches.
NightRoller

Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Update 9/23:

-Approached 1 girl and had a fun, 3-5 minute interaction. I was all over the place, but it's the first time this year I've had a cold approach interaction that lasted that long. She brought up some objections that I couldn't handle, like that she wants a guy where she's his type (I'd mentioned she's not really my type, but pretty cute, earlier in the interaction), but I was generally surprised both that 1. she stopped and talked to me that long, and 2. she seemed at least mildly curious/interested. Getting more on-point fashion (i.e. wearing more accessories) and practicing so I'm not as nervous and skittish seems to be helping my interactions significantly.
-Went for a 20-min run. I have 3 to do this week, so have to cram them into consecutive days, but it's kinda fun and gives me more opportunities to give out compliments and approach girls, so I don't mind.
-Hit a calorie deficit makeup day. My goal was actually to only eat 1100 calories (550 below target average), but I ate around 1250, which is still helping me on my way to holding my average calorie deficit in the range I need to keep it (and it shows me that I can be mostly full while still not overeating, and be satisfied with the food I've eaten). That's kind of a key skill I need to work on, and it has actually become the goal I'm obsessing over even more than getting laid: eating only when hungry, and recognizing my body as being satisfied when it's not hungry, to reduce my calorie intake and make the fat loss progress I need to make to get abs. Balancing low-calorie with high-protein will be key to not losing muscle but continuing to make progress.
On that note, I've found a few things that help me on that goal: Greg Douchette's french toast with low-calorie syrup, egg-white eggs scrambled with veggies (e.g. peppers, mushrooms), sugar-free zero-fat yogurt (high in protein and fills me up), chicken breast/thigh, and more frozen veggies and water, all have helped me hit my goals for calories while staying on the higher end for protein. Of course, protein powders and powdered peanut butter (PB2) have also been indispensable towards keeping me on the route to that goal. And I haven't stopped myself from eating the high-calorie foods at my work, but I have started to eat them in moderation to avoid the calorie-denseness that comes with eating restaurant food. My fridge is full of leftovers, and the meal prep from about a week ago might last me 2 and a half weeks at the current pace (saves money too)!
Skill-based 365 project
pancakemouse

Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:12 pm

NightRoller wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:24 pm
She brought up some objections that I couldn't handle, like that she wants a guy where she's his type (I'd mentioned she's not really my type, but pretty cute, earlier in the interaction),
If you got this objection, it's likely that your tonality was off when you tried that tease; I'd guess that you were trying to joke but it came off as earnest.

Another reason why recording your approaches is important - you could listen back to it and see if it was a tonality issue and how you could improve.
NightRoller

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:37 am

Update 9/24:

-Ran 20 minutes
-Did a work shift
-Talked to 1 girl after my run, should have done more interactions (they were there, all I had to do was stop running and just open), didn't lead to a number.
-Got a bit of a cold and it's been throwing off my sleep. Leads have mostly run dry, and deleted my profiles online to restart them for the fresh boost but want to get some better pictures first.
-Did superb at keeping my calorie intake low. I can control it, even on work days. Free diet soda helps too.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:04 pm

Update 9/25:

-Wasted day of consumption and ignoring my goals, pretending that tv shows were more important. Didn't do any approaches. Felt sick and didn't go to the gym. Ate a bunch of cookies and consumed about 3 days' worth of calories. Basically, an off day.
-One small plus: I tried to run/jog as long as I could without injury and got over 35 minutes consecutively. Significantly better than the 20 I used to struggle to do.
-I noticed my deadline for approaching people in bars is coming up, so tonight I will be talking to some people to get progress made on that; I only have 5 days to do it, so I'll shoot for 20-30 to give myself a good start. Hot girls, fat girls, old girls, groups of girls, mixed groups, and all the same for guys, couples, bartenders, anyone. I'll talk to them all. I can make this goal a reality. It's about time I became more experienced in the nightlife!
On that note, I'll set the goal to have a 1-2 minute interaction with each person. Theoretically, should be a piece of cake to do in an hour.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:31 am

9/27 Update:

-Tried 1 perfume
-Went out and approached people in the bar setting. Total approached this night: 23
-Ate over calories by a bit.
-Funny story while out approaching: I opened a group of girls who were at a popular bar in my town, then asked one of them for her phone number... and it turned out she was a lead I'd gotten the number from on Tinder before, and by her lack of record of our conversation, it seemed like she'd deleted our convo before---revived from the dead (except she has a "situationship" now anyway). Playing the long game with some of these girls.
-I need to go get some fruits and vegetables. My diet is suffering from a lack of them... and I'm not helping it by eating a ton of junk. I need more fiber from plants in my diet. But I don't have the time to get to the grocery store... It's a difficult situation.
pancakemouse

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:14 am

NightRoller wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:31 am
9/27 Update:

-Tried 1 perfume
-Went out and approached people in the bar setting. Total approached this night: 23
-Ate over calories by a bit.
-Funny story while out approaching: I opened a group of girls who were at a popular bar in my town, then asked one of them for her phone number... and it turned out she was a lead I'd gotten the number from on Tinder before, and by her lack of record of our conversation, it seemed like she'd deleted our convo before---revived from the dead (except she has a "situationship" now anyway). Playing the long game with some of these girls.
-I need to go get some fruits and vegetables. My diet is suffering from a lack of them... and I'm not helping it by eating a ton of junk. I need more fiber from plants in my diet. But I don't have the time to get to the grocery store... It's a difficult situation.
23 groups or 23 girls? Generally approach counts go by the set, not the total number of girls in the group. But if you actually approached 23 groups, kudos.