Goals for 2023 - NightRoller's Semiregular Update Log

NightRoller
Name: Graham
Goal: Get Career Job, Move
Motto: Win and help win

Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:31 pm

Update 9/3:

This day was triaged. Hit the gym, hit my diet goals, did a bunch of errands. Tried to keep in mind the slight edge while knowing I wouldn't make any major progress.
Goals: See this post
Skill-based 365 project
Laycount: 28 --- In 2023: 12 (as of May 03'23)
NightRoller

Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:56 pm

Update 9/4:

Continuing to set up dates via Tinder. The better photos are definitely helping, though I have yet to sift through them and post the best ones here for feedback and inspiration.
Hit my diet goals again. Feeling anxiety around losing weight because I didn't hit my step goal for the day. To be honest, feeling anxiety about my slow progress and general lack thereof (as well as not doing cold approach much at all), but remembering to "relax and trust the process" and not take on everything at once.
Had a productive call with my coach, RPD. It was encouraging to hear from him and remember how I'm making slow progress, but significant and relatively focused progress.
NightRoller

Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:08 pm

Update 9/5:

Had a girl over from Tinder; was quite excited for it, as she was someone who runs an only fans and has done quite a lot of stripping and pole-dancing. I think having sex with someone like that would be on my sexual bucket list if I wrote it out.
However, I didn't take the notch. She said she wasn't comfortable with touch much. I probably should have listened to her actions instead of her words, because while she said she didn't like sex or kissing much, she seemed to like it the couple times we kissed. She definitely has a lot of hangups around it. Still, this is a notch I wouldn't mind waiting a few dates for (while still persistently seeking it each time). I forgot to record our conversation, however.
Getting more matches than I'm used to, about one every 2-3 days now. Significantly more than I ever had before. Things are quite busy, but I do need to finally go through these photos, else it wastes the time taken to take them.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:24 pm

Update 9/6:

Got a haircut.
Hit up my main target bar again. Going to ask today for an interview.
Recalling my date 9/5, I need to work on my breath (fixing it before the date), my smell (putting on some deodorant before the date), and getting that vibrator Andy always talks about.
I'm getting lots of IOIs and shy replies when I give compliments to girls. Few guys are dressed as well as I am and I'm not wearing a suit or going all-in on the look by wearing my ripped pants. This short haircut already seems to work.
Wrote a summary post here: https://nightrollergame.wordpress.com/2 ... l-returns/
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:57 pm

Update 9/7:

+1 with Miss Plump No-Longer-A-Virgin. Barely put my dick in her, she was nervous and tight and I wasn't fully hard, but it is a notch.
Got a job proposal from my target bar to work as a cook, and then to work the door or the bar as positions open up. After talking with RPD, I'm going to try to push for 1 shift a week (at least) up front working with people, to leverage their need for cooks. We'll see what they say, and I'll keep asking around at other places for openings.

Finally, here's a link to the pictures I want to get feedback on, I limited it to a couple dozen from a few hundred. I have a couple favorites, but want to hear others' ideas and recommendations on which are good and why. viewtopic.php?t=1633
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:31 pm

Update 9/8:

Signed up for John Anthony's Cold Approach "breakthrough" challenge. I'll admit I'm not taking it 100% seriously in that I'm prioritizing a couple other events and homework over it for today, but I fully intend to do the challenge as best as I can with the time remaining.

Noticed that over the past week and a half, my weight hasn't gone down much. Will create a chart next Tuesday and post the progress/results here Wednesday as well as what plans I have moving forward. I will likely need to adjust my calorie goals and/or add cardio.
Hit the gym. Continual progress. Aimed to hit enough reps/weight on each exercise so that I felt sore/tired after each one.

Studied some of Andy's Tinder guide. Life has slowed me down from making as significant progress on this as I would prefer to be making.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:14 pm

By the way, given how little cold approach I've ended up doing, is there a better forum topic I could create a thread for these daily accountability updates in?

Update 9/9:

-By the advice of the awesome diet and fitness forum post from @NotYourAverageNerd, I came across "Coach Greg" and looked up a few of his high-protein lower-calorie recipes. Going to experiment with them to add some variety to my current diet.
-I attended John Anthony's approach breakthrough challenge and took notes. I plan to make some approaches tonight (9/10) out at the bars and today while out and about.
-Attended a Swing Dance, missed the lesson because of John's thing but got to be one of the most coordinatedly-dressed guys there. Might have even OVERdone it with the accessories, but now that I have enough of them I can choose what degree of peacocking to do instead of being limited.
-Hit my step goal and tried some cardio-jogging where I wasn't pushing for speed so much as trying to keep a sustainable pace where I could keep going.
-Got confirmed on an offer to work at my target bar as a cook with a door shift or two thrown in. They must need cooks, and if I can work my way up from here, I'll be looking good by december.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Update 9/10:

Missed going to the gym. Had a huge time investment at the store prepping for a couple recipes. Ate too much pizza at a friend's party. A mostly wasted day, but I did gather enough food to make some solid protein-ful foods that will make it easier to meet my diet goals in the future and enjoy the process.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:08 pm

Update 9/11:
-Hit Gym
-Went on a date with a somewhat larger girl, but she made up for it with spontaneity and up-front honesty. Things were going slow but well (I was slow to escalate, couldn't find or think of a good topic-transition to put myself in a good position and she mentioned that I should relax more in a voice note afterwards), but I called her the wrong name--the name of a different lead, whose name I was convinced this current girl's name was--and it killed the mood for her. I attempted to try to make it not a terrible time by putting on a movie, but she had to go soon and it was essentially over after my (rather classic) terrible blunder. Might see her again, we're still in contact.
-Disappointed at how several phone number leads have dried up. Probably from my functional but somewhat dry/ineffective texting. Going to send a warm-up text up to 3 times before dropping them into the "ping a couple times a year at most" bin.
-Went slightly over my diet goal, which works okay in the end because 100 calories over a target ~200 calorie deficit is still a deficit (or maintenance on a slow day). Still going to try to hit that 1750 calorie target or less, and noticing some significant fat loss already (not much weight loss--some lost muscles must be redeveloping from memory and counterbalancing my weight loss). Will create a chart tomorrow and share here.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:32 pm

Update 9/12:

-Swing Danced
-Went far over my diet goals for the day. Attempted to mitigate the caloric effects of in-moment binging by choosing to eat popcorn and carrots
-Stayed up late with no significantly good reason. Usually busy trying to get something done or homework complete, but motivation petered out and I failed to cut my losses and hit the bed until very late, lost sleep (also contributed to overeating)
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:14 am

Here's a chart of my weight-loss progress. For me, who started about 140 lbs, it would be good to lose around 1.4 lbs per week. Over the last 2 weeks, I've lost about 1.8 lbs, amounting to 0.9 lbs lost on average. I need to work on that, on more closely following my calorie intake limits by not allowing myself to consume food while doing something else (e.g. watching youtube videos and eating). That leads to binging and not fully enjoying the food I've cooked myself or bought myself. Better if I can keep some nice limits on myself and increase the occasional cardio to make a quicker weight loss, because this feels a bit too slow.
Annotation 2022-09-13 230908.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:28 pm

9/13 updates:
-Hit gym
-Had a solid call with RPD. We decided I need to finally start doing cold approach more often, because I don't do it much but I'm getting the IoIs and have a better style than most guys on campus walking around. We decided I should approach 1-2 girls a day (as opposed to trying to set aside a couple hours to do dedicated cold approaches, which is inefficient despite being a college campus), and should take advantage of any IoIs I see but also not be afraid to open girls who are really attractive to me. I'll be going indirect at first, because it's more socially calibrated, but I'll make sure to invite her for drinks, to play games, to watch a movie, to listen to music, or anything else fun-sounding that pops into my mind that works as an invitation of "not just friends".
-Went and interviewed for the bar job as kitchen and security. Going to try to push my case; I'm not just a guy who's coming in and will leave in a week or two (unless I get a better offer elsewhere to work behind the bar), I'm a guy who can do hard work and do it well without complaining, who's worked under time pressure and can keep organized and clean and who asks others for their tips and ideas. So I deserve to have the chance at a shift or two in front of people, with all the value I'll be bringing to them. And I'll take that seriously, so others have reason to take me seriously.
Last edited by NightRoller on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skill-based 365 project
NightRoller

Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:17 pm

9/14 Updates:
-Ate far over my diet limits (by ~1000 Cal). Seriously, I need to take this more seriously. If I'm not careful, my calorie intake will cap off any potential fat loss before it happens.
-Looked up some phrases to get tattoos of in Japanese (4-character idioms are pretty cool in my opinion)
-Jogged to decrease calorie glut.
-Approached 2 girls during day, no numbers
---Had an idea to write a blog post about my current (piecemeal but semifunctional) "method" towards going from seeing a girl (in person or online) to seeing her on my bed. It should help me remember how to do it myself as well as give an example for other beginners of how you can make progress on your own personal "system" built from the advice of several others'.
-Opened my "massager", the vibrator Andy recommends most highly (it's strange to me that they advertise it as a back/body massager, but there's enough innuendos to get the hint).
-Finished my notes on section 2 of Andy's Tinder Guide. (Took me damn long enough.) Included extra bullet points and marks on the things I need to (continue) work(ing) on moving forward.
Last edited by NightRoller on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightRoller

Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:11 pm

9/15 updates:
-Hit gym
-Messed around a lot of day and stayed up late with no good reason
-Ate too much (calories and eating when not hungry)
-Redefined some of my daily goals
-Hit up 2 girls in cold interactions; forget how they went but no numbers.
-Need to work on how to invite a girl back to hang out sometime via social circle game
NightRoller

Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:57 pm

9/16 Updates:
-Swing danced
-Approached a girl while I was in the middle of a run and listening to a podcast (yes me, you can approach girls even when you're "busy"! You don't have to make sure everything is perfect, just do it while you're going about your day), but she turned out to be a lesbian. Very nice girl, she saved me from a death-by-zooming-scooter when I was about to exit.
-Ate above my calorie goals again. I need to learn how to control my eating instinct and eat when I'm actually hungry, not just whenever the thought of food floats by my head.
-Went for a jog
-Had Miss Plump over and tested out my new vibrator. I think she's hooked :evil:
-Worked out the paperwork for my job at the bar. Starting today (9/17) for the night shift, actually, and seems like they're making sure I have the door shift I wanted too.
Skill-based 365 project