Be Wary of Dating Advice on the Internet (especially if they don't show proof)

chado
Name: Chad
Goal: Have a 3some
Motto: Think of the solution not the problem.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Was just thinking about this, but things like "Alpha Male Strategies" "RSD" and "Corey Wayne 1% Man" are all examples of very popular online dating advice creators. Be careful of this shit. I really like AMS as he preaches about getting on your purpose and becoming a man, but a lot of these popular guys give outdated advice and in general it's mental masturbation.

I know a lot of you guys watch/read this shit, but what you need to be doing is going and approaching girls, and coming up with YOUR OWN METHODS.

For example, Corey Wayne is pretty popular and he talks about how if you get a girls # out at a bar you should wait around 5+ days before you text her. What the fuck? If you do that with young hot women they will not remember you at all. All these 18-22 year old snapchat/tik tok girls don't have patience for shit. I've found that if you're not persistently on their ass about hanging out it just won't happen. But you figure out what works for you, because at the end of the day that's all that matters.

@KillYourInnerLoser this is why Andy is awesome. He shows proof out the ass and gives practical, REAL advice. Listen to him. Go read GoodLookingLoser. And then create your own shit.
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: Writing full-time.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:56 pm

Yeah, I hit this realisation a while ago. I'll copy-paste the start of what I wrote in Proof:

There’s heaps of “getting laid advice” on the internet from guys who aren’t actually getting laid all that much. They talk the talk, they tell you exactly what you should and shouldn’t be doing, spit “broscience” at you – but you have no idea if they walk the walk and actually take action on their own advice.

That same concept applies to a tonne of sites on the internet – blogs people write, “expert” articles people post, random comments people make on Youtube. They’ll talk as if they’re an expert – and they might well be – but they don’t provide any proof of their expertise. You’re being expected to blindly trust that the person’s advice comes from actual experience and isn’t just them parroting something they read on a random website somewhere.

You often don’t even know what the person giving the advice looks like, or if they have their shit together in any meaningful way. You have no way of knowing if it’s a successful 30yo guy who actually knows what he’s doing… Or a 15yo kid at home banging away on the keyboard who hasn’t followed a single piece of the “expert” advice he dishes out.

Browse the net, and you’ll see dieting/exercise articles from women with no pics of themselves anywhere on the site – you have no way of knowing she’s not a 200kg “curvy” woman who’s never followed a meal plan in her life. Pickup Artists charge $1,000/hr with no actual proof they stick their penis inside a vagina. There’s “get rich quick” advice from people who haven’t shown you a screenshot of their bank account. Business advice from people who haven’t given details of any businesses they’ve actually started and made successful.

The internet is full of unverified experts.

----

And on the subject of being awesome, you should be WAY more awesome than me (you especially @chado, your looks are way above mine). As I wrote in:
You Should be Better than Your Idols
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

140+ lays / 14 threesomes / 1 foursome (MFFF)
Goals 2020: Pay all bills from coaching. Finish 3some & BDSM guides.
PM me for 1-on-1 coaching
chado
Name: Chad
Goal: Have a 3some
Motto: Think of the solution not the problem.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:10 pm

@KillYourInnerLoser the reddit experts. Ugh that shit pisses me off lol

you doubt your looks to much andy. there are plenty of women that would prefer your look/style over me
KillYourInnerLoser

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:04 am

Yeah, fair enough. I think we both know we're well-above the "looks threshold".
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

Radical
Goal: 100 lays
Motto: Take drastic action

Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:46 am

I think this needs to be reiterated even at a forum level @chado

If a guy doesnt show his full face in the avatar and hasnt posted pictures on here, then fresh guys shouldnt be taking their feedback to the same degree that they take Andy's or yours. Guys should start listing their laycounts or something in profile signatures. We used to do that on GLL

I wrote this as well during the first couple of weeks here, its not quite in the same ballpark as this but it raises some similar points: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=67
Aloofus
Name: Justin
Goal: Help men
Motto: Acta Non Verba

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Yeah one of the big problems with so much if that stuff I think is they've been out of the game too long to be useful.

Rollo comes to mind about this. He has some good stuff, but I've fucked more women in the past week, than he has in a decade.

Waiting 5+ days is just asking to get silence. The same thing with OLD, oh you want to wait 4 hours between messages, she's just going to meet someone that doesn't.
Radical

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:29 pm

When guys say stuff like that I immediately suspect they dont actively go after hot girls in their 20s

Or they do and have no success with them
JamalHash123
Goal: Get Laid

Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:29 pm

Saw a video of Rollo recently

Goddman he's an ugly fuck and dresses like shit, also sounds like he snorts helium

Doesn't he have like 50 lays, of which 45 were from when he was in a rockband?

This dude over analyzes everything and is just sad man

Never gonna forget that one time he made a whole post just to brag that a girl with a bf checked him out once lmao
Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: Winners focus on winning

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:03 pm

My old martial arts instructor once told me that no two students he has ever trained turn out the same. He described it like handwriting. Everyone is taught how to write the same way, but we all develop are own personal and unique style. I feel like this apply to learning game as well.

The best thing to do as a student is not only double check that your teacher is credible, but to look around and absorb as much as possible from as many different sources s you can. You need to absorb and learn what does and dose not work for you individually.

A great teacher has many students, a great student has meany teachers

I've really liked everything I've read of Andy's so far, and I'm trying to take it onboard, but I live in a very different part of the world and I have a very different personalise from him. I'm certain that if I am ever going to achieve that he has, I will eventually have to find my own unique way of doing it.
DNPTHC
Goal: Get Laid Again
Motto: Just Try

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 pm

@Sin Silver
Not at all...

Anyone that I know who has actually gotten laid a lot (30+ girls a year) all have 2 things in common....

Guess what they are....

They all look good

They all hit on a lot of girls per week 20+

Just focus on those two things. Everything else falls into place afterwards IMO
KillYourInnerLoser

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:13 pm

JamalHash123 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:29 pm
Saw a video of Rollo recently

Goddman he's an ugly fuck and dresses like shit, also sounds like he snorts helium

Doesn't he have like 50 lays, of which 45 were from when he was in a rockband?

This dude over analyzes everything and is just sad man

Never gonna forget that one time he made a whole post just to brag that a girl with a bf checked him out once lmao
Careful not to "throw the baby out with the bathwater", ie "ad hominum fallacy". Rollo's got his problems but he's also written some great articles. Two that immediately come to mind:
https://therationalmale.com/2011/08/25/ ... e-dynamic/
https://therationalmale.com/2011/09/08/ ... h-garbage/
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

Sin Silver

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:30 am

DNPTHC wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 pm
@Sin Silver
Not at all...

Anyone that I know who has actually gotten laid a lot (30+ girls a year) all have 2 things in common....

Guess what they are....

They all look good

They all hit on a lot of girls per week 20+

Just focus on those two things. Everything else falls into place afterwards IMO
Your spot on, the fundamental principle at getting to better at speak to girls is be some one girls want to speak to, and speak to a lot of girls.

Beyond that thou, you get lots of different techniques that people debate about. Negging, Kino, sciprted openers... All these are debatable, but it's up to each of us to decide what works for us the best.
Radical

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:55 am

That 'debate' is just mental masturbation Sin

And none of that stuff in that list is necessary to get laid

Andy wrote a good article about this https://killyourinnerloser.com/pickup-a ... l-wizards/

A lot of guys that focus on game are doing that because they enjoy doing it that way. Its their choice but you dont need it, and also it leads you to waste a ton of time on that sh't when you could be talking to new girls instead
Sin Silver

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:07 pm

But that's exactly what I'm saying. People need to go out their, speak to girls, and find out what works for them based on their own personal experience.

Is fine to read about how something works, but unless you go out into the field and try it, you have no idea if it works or not. It's just 'Mental Masturbation' like you said otherwise.