Fashion and cold approach

JamalHash123
Goal: Get to $1k ecomm income

Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:23 am

Hey boys

I've been smashing out sum cold approaches and getting good results. around 160 approaches and 6 lays.

However, contrary to GLL's mantra of "edgy>all" I got 4/6 lays when I was wearing dressier outfits (oxford shirts/chinos/loafers or a suit).

Now...I do live in a very cosmopolitan city (think New York/London) where wealth/classic menswear is positively correlated with status (contrast LA/SF).

I didn't track my results re: what I was wearing but my gut says that I probably only did 30% of my cold approaches when wearing "dressy" outfits but I actually got the majority of lays when wearing dressy outfits.

Small sample size but this suggests that I overachieve when I'm in a dressy outfit.

Several theories as to this:

1. I'm in a city where dressiness is correlated with status because wealth and a high status bougie job (ie jobs in which suits are mandatory, ie finance/law/consulting) is correlated with status and it generally costs more to look good when being dressier (again, think NY vs Chris's LA or even Sydney/Melbourne where dressing up is 'gay' or 'too much')

2. I'm not muscular enough to generate visceral attraction from an edgy outfit (I actually have a rather skinny frame so I barely look like I lift even in t shirts)

3. I'm more comfortable in dressy outfits (it's more my style) and this is subcommunicated in how I talk to girls (I don't think this is true because I actually enjoy wearing t shirts and shorts more, but I get treated much better by the general public/salespeople when I'm in dressy outfits so this can contribute to my confidence)

4. I look too young and the dressy outfits help me look older

5. I'm not hot enough and I need to rely on the "wealth" angle rather than the "hot" angle to get lays (possibly but unlikely, 3/4 of the "dressy" lays were first night bangs)

I think it's a combination of the above tbh.

Note that I do have a baby face so I look very young (girls routinely ask me if I'm 21/22).

Obviously the one thing that jumps out to me is that I need to get more muscular. It's inexcusable that I routinely get asked "you actually go to the gym???"

Now I will note that I definitely noticed that I got a lot more girls looking for BFs when I was in a dressy outfit. IE girls that weren't DTF when they came out on a date with me. Obviously that's because dressy outfits convey more of a boyfriend angle and also imply wealth.

Thoughts? Thx.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:17 pm

3 of your theories rely on looks. We cant comment since you've not posted pics of yourself.

Another one relies on your area, which is kept generic since " live in a very cosmopolitan city (think New York/London) where wealth/classic menswear is positively correlated with status (contrast LA/SF)"

And for the last one, we'll need to see you talk live.

So my thoughts are that we cant offer any thoughts.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Can you post pics of the style with the head cropped out?
JamalHash123

Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:45 am

Radical wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:55 pm
Can you post pics of the style with the head cropped out?
Dressy (when not in a suit for work) would be something almost identical to this - dude in photo has same body type but he’s maybe 2 inches taller and has 50% better facial features genetically:

Non dressy is usually t shirts and shorts for errands with white ultraboosts/stan smiths, leaning towards athleisure, like this (Jose is more muscular and is taller than me

When in a suit for work it’s like this - no tie, white shirt, dark suit (Jose has the same skinny frame as me but he’s has more muscles and he’s around 2-3 inches taller)
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:57 am

Since you've mentioned several times wanting to pack on some muscle mass, do you have a gym / bulking log?
JamalHash123

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:19 pm

No I don't. Good call on calling me out on it lol. I'm a poooooosy
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:51 pm

JamalHash123 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:19 pm
No I don't. Good call on calling me out on it lol. I'm a poooooosy
You are pooooosy. Go lifting NOW then make a log, lol.