play_time_is_over
Name: Simon
Goal: 30 Lays
Motto: Doing something badly is better than doing nothing

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:56 am

Master wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:09 am

First approach ever

So yeah today I was supposed to do day6 of the AA program but I had to go help my sister moving stuff and the date that flaked on me yesterday texted me this morning, and asked I wanted to do it tonight instead so of course I said yes. She texted me 1h before the date and said she had some last minute stuff... so whatever, I was pretty mad about myself for not doing anything, so I went out with the objective to do 1 approach before coming back home.
I went to a grocery store ( I needed some stuff and saw in multiple log that this is a great place to approach) and I bitched out of 2 possible approaches there... Left the grocery store really ashamed of myself. Decided to go a nearby park and wlaked for 30min without seeing a single potential approach (all girls with guys) returned home and took a detour to the nearby convenience store, saw a cute cashier that I'm used to see working there, but bnitched out and went home instead of parking and enter the store. Parked at my place fucking mad and ashamed about myself for not having the balls to do anything.

After leaving my car I pumped myself and walked towards the convenience store with 1 objective in mind, do the fucking approach and nothing else. Entered the store bought a gatorade (didnt really wanted one but whatever) and told the girl I found her cute, she immediately thanked me but said she had someone, so I said "ah better luck next time" (yikes I know lol, not used to this kind of situation) but felt good and not stressed out at all. The build up was 10000 times more stressful than the actual approach. I see what you guys have been telling in your vlogs and Andy's podcast now.

A very small step towards becoming better, but a step nontheless

Cheers Master 💪
Damn bro that's fucking awesome. And you did it all by yourself! That's damn fucking impressive to go from day 5 to an approach. Some KING SHIT right there. We'll have to add you to the approach group, would be good to have someone noobie like me to push each other. I'm also up to day 6 of the AA as well. It's amazing how much more stressful the lead up to the approach is compared to the actual approach.
Goal: 12 / 30 lifetime lays.

Stats: 6'5" - 88kg - 32 years old.
Master
Name: Maxime
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Stay hard - David Goggins

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:29 pm

play_time_is_over wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:56 am
Damn bro that's fucking awesome. And you did it all by yourself! That's damn fucking impressive to go from day 5 to an approach. Some KING SHIT right there. We'll have to add you to the approach group, would be good to have someone noobie like me to push each other. I'm also up to day 6 of the AA as well. It's amazing how much more stressful the lead up to the approach is compared to the actual approach.
I would be glad to join the approach group not matter what platform its on! Thanks a lot I'm very glad I did it even if it took me a whole evening, and yeah the build up is so much worst I hope the mental switch where the build up isnt so bad will happen quick haha
Short term goals
[*] Take awesome tinder photos ✅
[*] Reach 175lbs (currently 178)
[*] 5 lays by the end 2021 (12/5) ✅
[*] 20 lays by the end 2021 (12/20)

Long term goals
[*] Beat AA program (Started June 5)
[*] 10-12% bodyfat
[*] 25 Lifetime Lays (15/30)
Yaxir
Goal: Get Laid / Lose Fat

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:59 pm

Master wrote:
The build up was 10000 times more stressful than the actual approach
ha ! no wonder i am scared every time i think about approaching - something just comes into my chest and my heart starts beating so fast

it's just approach anxiety and nothing else !

we can do this !

btw, i will do my first approach this month - i'm in Istanbul , so the enviroment and culture is a bit different and i don't know Turkish - but there's always a way through , we just have to be willing enough to find it !

we got this !

onwards !
SamJ_
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Cant cross the sea by standing&staring @ the water

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Yaxir wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:59 pm
Master wrote:
The build up was 10000 times more stressful than the actual approach
ha ! no wonder i am scared every time i think about approaching - something just comes into my chest and my heart starts beating so fast

it's just approach anxiety and nothing else !

we can do this !

btw, i will do my first approach this month - i'm in Istanbul , so the enviroment and culture is a bit different and i don't know Turkish - but there's always a way through , we just have to be willing enough to find it !

we got this !

onwards !
One thing that is helping me (and I still have a lot of approach anxiety, I've only done 20 some approaches) is realizing why my approach anxiety is so bad. One part of it is the anxiety about rejection or a bad reaction of the girl. But another big part of it is the fear of being visibly nervous in front of her and that that would somehow make me look "weak" and ruin my chances. So it's a a feedback loop of anxiety. So what I've been trying to do to break this (and it seems to help) is to accept the fact that I'm super nervous and actually even TRY to be nervous during the approach and HOPE that I fuck up and look really intimidated and that can trick your brain into actually being less nervous.