Screening during cold approach

arcade_fireee
Goal: Higher-quality girls

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:04 am

I'm curious to hear how the people on this forum typically "screen" for DTF girls when cold-approaching. The GLL physical stuff is pretty hard to do, and seems risky in this feminist/MeToo day and age. I always ask if a girl is single before getting her number -- that's bare minimum screening. But I've gone on too many sexless first dates at this point with girls who turn out to be "sexually unavailable" for one reason or another, so I want to start screening harder.

I'm going to start using Andy's classic Tinder message "btw, I'm not looking for anything super serious, just a drink, a flirt, and to see what happens" when actually texting a girl after getting her number. Thoughts on that? I'd literally rather scare girls off with that than go on more sexless dates.
arcade_fireee

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:08 am

Maybe I'll share some recent stats for context.

Past few months, did 74 approaches, 9 dates, 2 lays. Maybe that lay-to-date ratio is normal even with screening, but I'd like it to be higher.
arcade_fireee

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:05 am

I'm def gonna start saying "sexy" instead of "cute" -- that'll probably screen better.

What do other guys on here do for screening?
Last edited by arcade_fireee on Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:23 am

I say "cute"

Haven't tried sexy. So can't comment if one is better than the other.
Past Goals:
๐Ÿ—ก๏ธ AA Program Log
โ˜€๏ธ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท Moved to Korea Post
๐Ÿ”ฅ OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:28 am

I don't know how to do any extra screening past direct approach for the daytime, but I have found something probably more aggressive for night.

I'm not speaking from a LOT of experience, but I can tell you I just started going up to girls and putting my arm around them before opening them. I like doing this because any girl who wants to deflect will tell me in 0.5 seconds that they have a boyfriend or whatever. The occasional receptive girl will continue to talk to you while your arm is around her and then you can try to escalate.

I now do this with most girls I approach at night because I have found it's not really a "big deal" to the girl to compliment a girl at night or buy her a drink or whatever. You can have a 5 minute conversation and then when you try to escalate or get her number or whatever, she'll just decline you then.
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿถ
5'5" indian in ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธโ†’๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
๐Ÿ“– My Story

๐Ÿฅฐ dating log
๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ training log

see my interview!
Dewm
Name: Brady
Goal: Love Myself
Motto: Fuck Bitches Get Money

Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:48 am

"I'm hot, your'e hot... lets fuck!" (sidenote must be hot)
Goals
Love Myself
  • Finish my screenplay and make that movie.
  • Produce a comedy show that makes me money
  • Lose weight and gain muscle
arcade_fireee

Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:12 pm

FWIW in one of the recent More Plates More Dates podcasts with Chris on YouTube (if you haven't watched them, check them out -- they're gold), Chris said that he would use mostly verbal screening if he were approaching these days. Since there's like virtually no competition these days (nobody approaches directly).
countingsheep7878
Name: Jake
Goal: Under 12% Body Fat
Motto: diamonds are made under pressure

Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:59 am

drop some sexual verbal innuendos or comment towards the mid / end approach about something you think is sexy about her. I think "That's what she said" still works even a decade later if you find the right spot for it (don't force it).

Like if you open with "I think your cute and wanted to come meet you." as your opener. Then towards the end after you have seeded the date idea say something like "I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with those sexy (insert body part or something about her outfit). Let's get those (insert date plan you suggested in the middle, drinks, coffees etc) this weekend. what's your schedule like?"

So like written out here are examples

"I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with those sexy yoga pants and athletic style. Let's get those margaritas at ABC bar this week. what's your schedule like?"
"I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with those sexy lips. Let's get those tacos at ABC restaurant this week. what's your schedule like?"
"I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with that sexy long dark hair. Let's get that drink at ABC bar this week. what's your schedule like?"
"I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with that sexy booty of yours. Let's get that coffee at starbucks this week. what's your schedule like?"
"I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with those sexy long legs. Let's get that coffee at starbucks this week. what's your schedule like?"
"I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with those short sexy curves of yours. Let's get that coffee at starbucks this week. what's your schedule like?"

This will help push intent and screen much better in person.

Or just do what Andy said use Sexy first.
arcade_fireee

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:44 pm

countingsheep7878 wrote: โ†‘
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:59 am
"I'm glad I ran into you, you're really my type with those sexy yoga pants and athletic style. Let's get those margaritas at ABC bar this week. what's your schedule like?"
This sounds like a great first message to send via text. Gonna try that from now on.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:51 pm

Great post by countingsheep
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe