The Midwest is BRUTALLY COLD. Other good locations?

Meetups, advice/questions about specific locations, etc.
jay stone
Goal: Beat AA, move to city
Motto: Ah shit here we go again

Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:08 am

Hey guys, late night thinking.

I'm writing this now as I'm freezing my nuts off in bed.
I've already stated that I plan on moving to a big city soon with a population of about half a million.
Thats good, but I remembered reading that the best cities for approaching and stuff is a million or more.
Also, these brutal winters pose a serious logistical issue, where the temperature makes some avenues of getting laid impractical.
You guys got any suggestions? Ideal locations?
Just please lemme know if you got any input. Thanks!
klondike
Goal: Drop to 205lbs

Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:29 am

Chicago's cold, but it's dope and has the greatest density of pretty girls I've ever seen.

But the question depends more on your archetype, who you're going for, who goes for you, and so on.
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:44 am

Another thing to take into account is competition.

Big cities like NYC, Seattle, and Chicago have more volume, but there are a lot more high value men (athletes, actors, male models, etc)

Meanwhile if you pick a smaller city like Denver or Indianapolis, there will be less volume but not as many high value men.
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:01 am

jay stone wrote: ↑
Hey guys, late night thinking.

I'm writing this now as I'm freezing my nuts off in bed.
I've already stated that I plan on moving to a big city soon with a population of about half a million.
Thats good, but I remembered reading that the best cities for approaching and stuff is a million or more.
Also, these brutal winters pose a serious logistical issue, where the temperature makes some avenues of getting laid impractical.
You guys got any suggestions? Ideal locations?
Just please lemme know if you got any input. Thanks!
No matter how cold it gets, uni girls still going out every Friday/Saturday night in mini-skirts ;)

I might hit up Tulum for NYE.
Went to Miami in February in 2021 and the weather was perfect.
Austin March 2021 and was too warm but definitely better than too hot.

Half a million sounds fine to me, end of day just live where you enjoy the most.
Nashville is pretty close to that target.
NotYourAverageNerd
Name: John
Goal: GET LAID
Motto: JUST FUCKING DO IT

Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:39 pm

Come join me and @arcade_fireee out by LA.
There was a podcast with Derek (mpmd Derek) where the man himself said the top 3 cities for meeting girls are:
1: Los Angeles, California
2: Los Angeles, California
3: Los Angeles, California

In all seriousness, it doesn't make THAT much difference, bars and stuff will still have girls dressed up in them, dating apps still work fine, and cold approach gets a whole new meaning πŸ™ƒ.

There's a couple guys around here killing it, there's guys everywhere killing it. One of my friends from CA cut his teeth and got his #s up around here. It's certainly possible, just a tradeoff - it's a little harder to run some kinds of game in the winter, but you get an endless selection of really hot girls, concentrated around the bars. Wrigleyville and old town had enormous bars with like two hundred super hot girls (bars are WAY smaller where I'm at).

Question is - do you like living in Chicago, winter and all? Yes? You can make it work. No? Get the fuck out of here while you can.

(also, whereabouts in Chicago? Back in town for a couple days right now).
JUST FUCKING DO IT
Current goal:
-Make some close friends
-Get into the party/"promotion" scene

Past goals:
-Deal with self-condemnation: sort of? Not really gone but it's not the overwhelming force it used to be
-Sex with at least 1 new girl per month (2/21 to 12/21) - Completed 6 out of 11
-Pre-pandemic bench, deadlift by 02 / 15 / 21 - Completed 2/15/21
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:32 pm

Miami is the best warm city in the US for daygame (factors: volume, quality, and receptiveness of girls). Nightgame is really tough though.

I might bite my words in a bit, but daygame in NYC still seems totally possible throughout the winter. Especially with (sadly) climate change, it's going to be in the 50s later this week and next.
NotYourAverageNerd

Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:49 pm

I think I remember seeing a video of Scotty doing daygame in winter at some point, probably taken down by now
girls still try to dress sexy with fluffy coats and yoga pants and shit.
Definitely possible, they'll just spend less time out and about.

Got on tinder here and definitely remembered there's a solid upside - WAY less competition around here. Around the ca coast I don't get much attention, around here someone said my profile looks like the kind of pictures people make fake profiles with.
JUST FUCKING DO IT
Current goal:
-Make some close friends

Past goals:
-Deal with self-condemnation: sort of? Not really gone but it's not the overwhelming force it used to be
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:17 am

Also, these brutal winters pose a serious logistical issue, where the temperature makes some avenues of getting laid impractical

Totally makes sense to move to bigger cities to game. Especially if you want master this area.

For approaching ideally you have a place where you can approach 15+ girls per hour. But even 10 per hour is ok.

So it's not even necessarily about size, but more about crowding. But guys who are good can make any city work tbh.

Bigger than a million is a good bet.

If you really want solid logistics. Head to the major cities.

New York, Chicago, LA, Toronto, London, etc.

To be clear tho...

As someone who was approaching in -30Β° and pulling chicks in -5Β° f. I'm calling a slight level of bull on this.

You can still get laid in the cold.

Harder? Yes.
Impossible? No.

Better to be a bigger city? Yes.
Excuse to do nothing? No.
Past Goals:
πŸ—‘οΈ AA Program Log
β˜€οΈ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
πŸ‡°πŸ‡· Moved to Korea Post
πŸ”₯ OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Manganiello

Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:21 am

Squilliam wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:44 am
Another thing to take into account is competition.

Big cities like NYC, Seattle, and Chicago have more volume, but there are a lot more high value men (athletes, actors, male models, etc)

Meanwhile if you pick a smaller city like Denver or Indianapolis, there will be less volume but not as many high value men.
Honestly Squilliam.

I disagree 100%.

Bigger cities mean better gaming communities. If I was in a bigger city. Hands down I'd be hanging with other guys that go out regularly and feeding off their lessons and experience and vice versa.

Value can be grown.

Plus this basically saying 'aim low'.

Fuck that. Go for the prize dude. Don't sell yourself short.
Past Goals:
πŸ—‘οΈ AA Program Log
πŸ”₯ OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:38 am

Manganiello wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:21 am
Fuck that. Go for the prize dude. Don't sell yourself short.
I'm not saying he should do either or. I'm just explaining the potential tradeoffs of each.

I would say I agree with your perspective. I am in a big city and I'm hesitant to move to a smaller city. Wouldn't have access to the same kinds of opportunities
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
jay stone
Goal: Beat AA, move to city
Motto: Ah shit here we go again

Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:54 am

Yea, I could see how some cities would be way more competitive.
I don't plan on moving across states anytime soon, I plan on just doing my thing in my home state, and developing my fundamentals here.

Was just thinking of other opportunities, I've already taken a big ass leap of faith recently. Maybe in the future I'll consider broadening my horizons and take more chances
TheGreatTurk
Goal: Getting quality pussy

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:13 am

Dude if you plan your moving location just based on getting laid, you will probably regret that decision very soon. (very soon after you get laid, which is not that big of a feat)

What makes up your life? What do you like?

If you like windsurfing, of course you would not find that in some cold place.
Manganiello

Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:08 pm

TheGreatTurk wrote: ↑
Dude if you plan your moving location just based on getting laid, you will probably regret that decision very soon. (very soon after you get laid, which is not that big of a feat)

What do you mean by this?

I'm sure you mean don't sacrifice too much, or something?

There's plenty of people in here who have moved for "greener pastures"

In fact Chris of GLL moved to LA, mostly for picking up chicks.

And tons of guys here are moving/has moved as well.

including but not limited to:
@MakingAComeback
@Thebastard
@Toast
@colgate
@Mimbe393939
@lacroix
And I'll be doing the same soon.

So not sure if you're seeing something we're not or if it's just an opinion
Past Goals:
πŸ—‘οΈ AA Program Log
πŸ”₯ OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:58 am

I plan on just doing my thing in my home state, and developing my fundamentals here.
that's totally fine, especially if you live in chicago of all places which from my brief visit has enough of everyone's type (saw plenty of whites, blacks, asians, etc etc across the city).

plus you can use the cold months to GET JACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the summer (which you will definitely need to be!!!!)

here's are some stories from a brief trip i had in chicago: viewtopic.php?p=32007#p32007

since you stated that you want to "do your thing in your home state and develop your fundamentals here" any further discussion on this thread seems like it would just turn into theory wank (also imo you should have posted this in your log rather than creating a new thread)
klondike wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:29 am
Chicago's cold, but it's dope and has the greatest density of pretty girls I've ever seen.
edit: ok apparently i'm failing reading comprehension even in fucking english and it seems like you don't live in chicago and i just mis-extrapolated that from this post
I don't plan on moving across states anytime soon, I plan on just doing my thing in my home state, and developing my fundamentals here.
i know you might be trying to be low key but it doesn't really help that we have no idea where this is other than vaguely "some midwest state" (if it is illinois, then everything about chicago that i said earlier applies still)

in my case, i did do exactly what you did by "developing my fundamentals" in my "home city" (getting over approach anxiety), and then i realized i was going to quickly run out of volume and there was a better place with 4x the population 2 hours away (i went from chattanooga->nashville, tennessee). i think it's a good idea, and you'll probably be similarly motivated to blast out of bumfuck icefishing-ville once you've been approaching everyday for a while.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
NotYourAverageNerd

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:55 am

TheGreatTurk wrote: ↑
Data point of one but...

Absolutely not true.

Moved to the LA coast two and a half years ago, strictly to get laid, haven't regretted it for a second.
It's not about getting laid once, it's about being ABLE TO when you want and knowing you can.

"not that big a feat"?!? That's 90% the point of this whole site. For a virgin (no idea if he is, haven't read the logs or anything, but for people who are) that's a HUGE deal.
JUST FUCKING DO IT
Current goal:
-Make some close friends

Past goals: