Tristan's Hustle Thread | Road to 1k Subs

dashedhopes
Name: Tristan Nigro
Goal: Increase Sub Count
Motto: Anything is better than nothing.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:45 pm

@GravyTrain It's really hard to say man. You lose a lot of muscle on a cut. But because I'm peeling the fat, the muscle looks bigger and fuller so it's definitely not noticeable.

I have no idea the exact amount but I'm sure it's a decent bit but that's why I take PEDs and eat lots of protein to sustain that muscle.
24 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Youtube Channel - https://bit.ly/2CbEbKK (Road to 10k Before End of 2021)
dashedhopes

Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:42 pm

First Prank Video - Posted

This is what doing the AA program and having goals will allow you to do.

Enjoy, ehh. ;)

24 years young.

Tristan - Canada

dashedhopes

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 am

Update:

Gotta make better content if I want to get to 1000 subs by 2021

This is a tough tough goal and probably going to be one of my hardest besides my prep for my bodybuilding show but I'm up for the challenge.

First 1000 subs is apparently the hardest.

Things I've done that should help this:

- Realized the importance of SEO

I wasn't putting in nearly enough tags. I was using maybe 3-5 at most when you're allowed up to 500 characters worth. I also purchased a service called Tube Buddy that allows you to see how well you rank for certain tags. They offer several other great features that I will have to learn about utilize a bit more.

- I need to focus on making only content that people are really going to enjoy.

Less vlogging, more prank style videos, More videos that I know will get lots of views. Just finished recording and sending notes to my editor for a Gorilla Mode Stim review. These notoriously have done really well and will get me some commission money as well. Videos like UFC Predictions, Pranks, Reviews, Challenges etc.. are all videos I've done that have done really well and I will have to continue to do in order to get more attention.

- Need to utilize social media even more.

Mainly TikTok but also twitter are platforms I'm going to focus much more on. Tiktok is untapt and 15 year old kids are getting 10s of 1000s of views on content that quite frankly isn't that good. Going to start brainstorming ideas for those sorts of videos. There's a small learning curve on the platform but once I get passed that, it should be easy to put out 15 second videos.

Ideas I already have that well do awesome on there:

Shotgunning Egg Whites (already did this but I feel it'll do well if I do it again on there)
Pushup Progressions (1 pushup normal, 1 clap pushup, 1 pushup with 1 hot girl on my back, 1 pushup with two hot girls on my bad)

I'll only do half a liter or something of egg whites cause I already did 2 liters of it once and that didn't go so well :?

Anyway... I got a lot of work to do AND so do YOU! So let's get to it!!!! <3
24 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:39 am

Your goal is 10,000 subs by the end of 2021, but have you decided on the quality of those subs?

If your goal is just a big sub number, thats OK.

But from what I understand you want to monetize that audience at some point. So Im not sure what kind of people you’ll attract with prank videos. Will they be buyers? Or Just people bored who need an entertainment Fix?
Main goal:

I Will Live Stress-Free In A Nice, Central Apartment By August 2021

Secondary goal:

Completed on 30/8 - I will get laid once, in the next 2 months
I'll upload a video on Youtube for 30 days straight

365 Days Project

Send one email per day to my English list

Days so far: 11/365
dashedhopes

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Not really worried about that at this point. I'll worry about that when I have 10k subs.

I really enjoy making those prank videos, they do well for views and getting subs.

Also what evidence do you have that getting subs from "prank" videos have less of a conversion rate?

I know plenty of "prank" channels and channels that feature "goofy" content that have VERY high conversion rates.
24 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Crisis_Overcomer

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm

I didn't talk about conversion rates
Main goal:

Secondary goal:

365 Days Project

dashedhopes

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Ok so how do you measure "quality" of subs because you mentioned monetization?

Is this just a thought you had? What makes you think all people that watch pranks and entertainment won't be monetizable?
24 years young.

Tristan - Canada

RogerRoger
Goal: Submit Two Articles
Motto: Patiently Persevere

Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 am

Hey man, pretty solid plan you posted, good to hear you're getting ready to dial it up a notch.

Maybe you can even frame it that you can reward yourself by doing some vlogs when you get back to 1k subs. I have a feeling they're not the best for getting subs but I did enjoy watching them.

Have you thought about doing "How to" videos? You've pretty frequently done that for random exercises in your vlogs but I mean like a 5 minute video "How to Squat with Proper Form" / "STOP Making These 5 Squat Mistakes" etc.

GravyTrain mentioned a while ago paying someone to figure out how to get videos going viral. That definitely makes sense and I otherwise was going to suggest that you study the people who produce similar content to you but have the most subs and try to connect some dots...anecdotally, "click-bait" titles work (at least for me every once in a while when I'm hardly on youtube and try to spend as little time on there as possible).

Anyway, good luck dude! Keep on reflecting, experimenting, iterating to perfection. Double speed to success by doubling rate of failure. Keep hustling.
Crisis_Overcomer

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 am

To measure the quality you'd need to test with different audiences. So we can't can get a definitive answer.

Also I didn't say they won't be monetizable at all. In 10,000 subs, some will be buyers.

However a couple thoughts on quality:

1) One of my mentors helps online businesses. He's noticed that there's a buying bias from social media to social media. For example, Youtube leads are higher quality than FB ads (quality for me = desire + ability to buy)

The reasoning is that YT leads are actively searching for answers to their problems. On the other claw, FB leads are mainly killing time. The same is true with Amazon leads versus most platforms - if you're on Amazon, you're primarily looking to buy something. Not search for free info (google/bing) or live inside your echo chamber (Reddit, Twitter, Parsler)

This makes me think that you can apply the same reasoning on a platform's different content options. So people who are attracted to (example) "heal your prostate" advice are actively looking to solve a problem and might become buyers. People who are attracted to "funny cats" videos on the other hand? Not so sure they're buyers.

You can make the argument that pranks/funny videos solve the "I'm bored out of my life" problem and I'll agree. However if I had a gun to my head and needed to make money, I'll choose an audience who has one of the perennial problems - health, wealth, relationships etc.

2) I also look at my own buying behaviors. For example, I subscribe to guys I've either bought from in the past or I'm interested in buying from in the future. They all solve problems and mainly have how to content.

Having said everything, I have no idea how you'll monetize your channel so my suggestions might be irrelevant to you.
Main goal:

Secondary goal:

365 Days Project

dashedhopes

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:36 am

@RogerRoger I'm still going to do some vlogs and stuff like that but maybe have some sort of attraction in the title that will draw people in and not just be a simple workout. Something like you mentioned with How to videos and stuff like that.

I've talked to some people that have helped me figure out what I can do to increase traffic to my channel. IE. using other SM platforms like TikTok
RogerRoger wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 am
Double speed to success by doubling rate of failure. Keep hustling.
Love this.

@Crisis_Overcomer Thanks for the detailed response man.

The monetization goal in mind would be to educate kids on fitness and entertain them then sell them a product that allows them to feel apart of the brand/channel. The channels I look at for inspiration for this would be: Soosh, Bradley Martyn, Connor Murphy

The thing is, once you have the audience then you can monetize. I'm not there yet, I'm years away from it. It's better to have a big audience and not have an idea for monetization yet than to have no audience but multiple options setup for monetization in my opinion.

I make some pocket change from being an affiliate for Gorilla Mind and that's all the promoting/shilling I feel comfortable doing right now. It's quite frankly all I have time for right now. Starting an apparel company or finding other ways to affiliate market and solving problems related to health, wealth and relationships isn't what I'm interested in nor have time for. I really don't care about the money, not right now at least.

I enjoy making videos, entertaining people, teaching people and striving towards that 1k sub goal right now.

Maybe even after 1k subs I could start looking at monetization options. I make enough money right now that I'm comfortable focusing on building an audience, which is my main goal right now.

I've had plans for an apparel brand but that got completely shutdown by Covid.

Anyways, you got me thinking.
24 years young.

Tristan - Canada

dashedhopes

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 am

Currently listening to this song:

24 years young.

Tristan - Canada