Making a youtube

Striker
Goal: Lose fat

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:39 pm

Adriel wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:15 pm
I peeped the Scarcity Studios - Robbie Lawlor video - bro this is real low hanging fruit. Its a voice over story and then edited to fit around the voice over very low production cost, editing would be the cost. Are you editing everything yourself?
Yeah that video is actually extremely basic but I still really enjoyed it and it's done 1m views which when I was thinking of starting a channel was quite encouraging because it goes to show if you find an interesting topic your video doesn't need to be perfect to do good views.

I remember watching it and thinking 'I know for a fact I can edit together a better video than this and yet this guy has done 1m views'.

The UFC video I did that got 500k+ views was actually on a topic that someone else had already made a video on and got 300k views. But this guys video was like the Robbie Lawlor one in that the editing was extremely low effort. So I basically copied the idea, did more research than this guy did and worked much harder on the editing, thumbnail and title and now my video has overtaken the original and I think is ahead of his in search results for 'Lee Murray' and 'Lee Murray documentary'

My narrating could have been more high energy. I was also using a shitty £7 lapelier mic from Amazon and my editing is very basic but still people seemed to love it, only had like 2 comments about the audio. I've upgraded the mic anyway but if you can nail an interesting topic and incorporate things successful Youtubers do it seems the flaws will be overlooked which is encouraging. You just gotta be better than your competition.

Which is why it helps to choose a niche where there is limited competition but still big potential.

Yeah I edit my videos myself, I try and improve on each video but it's hard haha. Takes fucking forever to edit videos but the process is kind of enjoyable.
Last edited by Striker on Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:45 pm

Striker wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:39 pm
I remember watching it and thinking 'I know for a fact I can edit together a better video than this and yet this guy has done 1m views'.
I had this exact feeling, no shade on the other guys I just know i can do better.

This stuff is super interesting, I dont really understand how people consume media or what they like so I'll need to so some more data research (doesn't help that i watch weird unpopular shit, like 20 min train videos).

The voiceover + edit formula is very low production = easy to pump out. I will think of ideas/topics i can cover in the voiceover doco style.
You basically need a topic that already has a lot of media already and have some knowledge about it.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:57 pm

Adriel wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:45 pm
(doesn't help that i watch weird unpopular shit, like 20 min train videos).
Dude, I'm a big snob with the content I consume (books, expensive courses, seminars, etc) but every once in a while I'll binge watch shit like this:

There's really a niche for everything.

The biggest piece of content advice I can give anyone is this: if you have fun producing it, they'll have fun consuming it.
Dewm
Name: Brady
Goal: Love Myself
Motto: Fuck Bitches Get Money

Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:57 pm

Adriel wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:15 pm
Totally shooting actual scenes without breaking the fourth wall/taking to the camera is very hard. I've watched most of your comedy videos by the way, I'm all about the short comedy sketches. In u gotta do it, how u do the blood man? Also the everyday commercial was sick
aww thanks man. The commercial was a student piece so it just added to my reel. I was 19 in that. The blood for the Klondike bar sketch was probably just store bought blood from a Halloween store or I mixed red dye and laundry detergent. The system for the squib was one of those pump weed sprayers and then the blood shot out when I pulled the release trigger.
Goals
Love Myself
  • Finish my screenplay and make that movie.
  • Produce a comedy show that makes me money
  • Lose weight and gain muscle