Ways to Make Money Online

SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:23 am

JV12 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 am
Do you work as a freelancer or for a company?
I freelance. Though that journey is going to greatly slow down because I recently got a very high paying job.
JV12 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 am
The problem is that I know nothing about business and I'm not sure that I want to go down that road. Right now I can't think of any skill that someone would pay me for besides from getting hired by a company for doing something related to my degree.
Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that like you, I have a background in Engineering. Apart from what AGF said above, I want to add: I am not discouraging you from learning front-end dev. I am just cautioning you that, for almost every skill in the world (except for ones needing a very high level of education like Masters & PhD), you can almost always guarantee that there are lowballers in price.

If you still do not know what value looks like, I'd like you to do an exercise and write a log about this:

Look if there is a job opening you like (for example: front-end dev or aerospace engineering), then take the effort to hit up recruiters & managers in LinkedIn. Say you're interested in the role; and you'd like to have a quick chat about them, the company, and some of the problems they're having in the company. Say you'll buy them lunch/ whatever you can offer to make it look like they're not wasting their time.

^By doing that, you will be able to see what they value. Maybe it's to create a project to automate some processes, saving them hundreds of thousands of dollars/ whatever currency you're using in labor. Maybe it's to build their authority online to improve online presence, to drive more sales. If you like the sound of the problem you're solving, you can double down on it, and go to interviews selling yourself your skills. And, you will also know their problems and speak it to them, which is a plus,

Sales calls as a freelancer & job interviews as a candidate are very similar; I do all this in some form with my prospects. I also do this when I was interviewed & landed a very high paying job. Just doing what I said will put you leagues ahead of everyone because they only care about salaries, while here you are talking about business problems.
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Yaxir
Goal: Get Laid / Lose Fat

Mon May 17, 2021 5:26 pm

AGF wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:42 am
You either go down that road and learn about business
Yo, what would be the best way to learn about Business and shit ?

for perspective, i am a CSE ( Comp Sci & Engineering ) grad student and i have worked for a combined of 2 years at 2 different places

My background is mostly Computers and Tech

I have never ran a business of my own or even thought about it, but i want to get into business or at least something like a light business ( a side hustle ) before the age of 30

can you suggest where i should start to learn about business ?

and where did you start first ?

would appreciate some information

thanks much !
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Tue May 25, 2021 4:03 am

Yaxir wrote:
Yaxir wrote:

Easy. Sell shit, then fail. Then sell some other shit, then fail again. Keep selling something until you find a winner at the right price.

Context: I excessively read about (read: mentally masturbated) for 3 years about starting a business, and I only started when I found this log. Let me tell you, all that reading will never prepare you for the butterflies in your stomach when you make your 1st pitch to a potential client.

Once you find a winner, improve it by lowering it's cost or adding value to your offer.
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
AGF
Goal: $1,000,000 until 2025

Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 am

Yaxir wrote:
AGF wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:42 am
You either go down that road and learn about business

for perspective, i am a CSE ( Comp Sci & Engineering ) grad student and i have worked for a combined of 2 years at 2 different places

My background is mostly Computers and Tech

I have never ran a business of my own or even thought about it, but i want to get into business or at least something like a light business ( a side hustle ) before the age of 30

would appreciate some information

thanks much !
Read The Millionaire Fastlane to get a grasp of the basics. I cannot explain all of that with one post on a forum.

Business = you sell something and get money in return.

What you sell needs to solve a problem. The bigger and most urgent the problem is, the higher you can charge for it.

You can sell your own product or service or somebody else's product or service (affiliate marketing).

You can sell to either businesses (B2B) or to consumers (B2C).

Find a product or service you can sell to a specific target group that has a specific problem.

I recommend starting with services because then you will have very low fixed costs and thus very low risk. You also don't need to deal with logistics, shipping, warehouses, unsatisfied customers, etc. Selling a service requires you to have some skill. If you do not currently have a skill, you need to learn one that is valuable.

Find out how you can reach your specific target group and how much it will cost to reach them. The thing you are selling must get in front of their eyes. The way to reach your specific target audience must be profitable (if your business model relies on reaching 10,000+ people for 1 sale, it is most likely not gonna work)
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:05 am

@AGF slayed in this thread right here
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe