Content Creation Grind

HankMoodyJr
Name: Dan
Goal: Master my life
Motto: Normal gets normal results.

Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:03 pm

Gonna be putting a lot of effort in to content creation (particularly YT and Blog) in 2023, and looking for some people in a similar position to bounce ideas off, stay accountable to and help each other grow our channels.

Anyone in a group like this or keen on joining one?
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:45 pm

What you working on atm?
HankMoodyJr

Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:28 am

Adrizzle wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:45 pm
What you working on atm?
Got two niches/accounts.

One focused on my sport, and the other focused on online poker.

Got <100 subscribers total, looking to grow to ~10k combined by end of next year.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:50 pm

YUP

I have a group chat I am growing: IronWill Tribe Grind Chat

KYIL principles: ACTION focused. Short, concise messages. No audios. Just SHOW YOUR WORK.

We push, we encourage, we DO THE WORK.

I want true killers and people who are thirsty for blood.

You're welcome to join and try it for a while, anyone is, but we have some rules: if people are inactive, they get kicked. Idea is, it's better to have a small group of guys getting the fuck after it daily, than a bunch of unserious bros who just shoot the breeze.

KYIL & GLL principles always man

GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO SUCK = take action and do the damn work, no excuses

NEVER GIVE UP

All the stuff Andy teaches, we carry that into life

PM me if you wanna join my chat, we want all the guys to have primary BUSINESS goals and if they meet those criteria and are working hard daily, we allow them to show their grind in gym, etc.

Ravi
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:34 pm

HankMoodyJr wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:03 pm
Gonna be putting a lot of effort in to content creation (particularly YT and Blog) in 2023, and looking for some people in a similar position to bounce ideas off, stay accountable to and help each other grow our channels.

Anyone in a group like this or keen on joining one?
My goal is 1 blog post by EOY (one week), 10 by end Q1, 30 by end Q2, 100 by end Q3, and 365 by end Q4 2023. Also 100 podcast episodes and 10 youtube videos by EOY 2023.

Happy to keep in contact with fellow hustlers with a $$$-first focus.

What do you mean by group though? Group chats (WhatsApp/Telegram/Discord) are productivity death. I'd rather keep it to the forums.
HankMoodyJr

Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:39 pm

RogerRoger wrote:
My goal is 1 blog post by EOY (one week), 10 by end Q1, 30 by end Q2, 100 by end Q3, and 365 by end Q4 2023. Also 100 podcast episodes and 10 youtube videos by EOY 2023.
Crazy effort man - how you planning on scaling those up so much?
RogerRoger wrote:
What do you mean by group though? Group chats (WhatsApp/Telegram/Discord) are productivity death. I'd rather keep it to the forums.
I was thinking Whatsapp etc, but Forums may be a better idea.
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:57 am

HankMoodyJr wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:39 pm
RogerRoger wrote:
Crazy effort man - how you planning on scaling those up so much?
Idk the numbers are that crazy -- 10 youtube videos in particular is less than one a month. And for podcast episodes the goal is to mostly interview people. I didn't specify but it's a delayed ramp-up since I'm going to start with focusing on blog posts.

And for blog posts, that's really just one a day by end of 2023. It's a slow ramp-up because I bet it'll suck at first and then I'll get better at it with time.

Maybe it'll be harder than I'm making out but the idea was put up some numbers I think are 1000000% do-able.
I was thinking Whatsapp etc, but Forums may be a better idea.
By all means go for a Whatsapp chat. That's just not my scene though. Only reason I'm messaging someone on my phone is to set up a call / meet up. I don't like group chats because it's notifications all day == distractions all day. Flipside I guess is if it's motivational shit all day maybe that'd be a good thing. Anyway I have my way of doing things, others have their way. Do what you want.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:30 pm

Boys I hear you but my whatsapp chat is NO DISTRACTIONS

The rules are:

-short, concise messages
-show your WORK
-action focused
-HELP EACH OTHER: everyone is there to push one another, like and comment on everyone's socials, and build a business brotherhood - actually give value to each other

I'm gonna add you Hank we've exchanged a PM

And Roger, let's jump on a call and just chat to get to know each other, and if you wanna come in for a week or something, cool, otherwise perhaps me and you can consider some form of business accountability and a call once a month or something? You know a little about me - I am dead serious and everyone can vouch. I also know about you from GLL and the early days of KYIL. Let's waste no time, we can both contribute value to each other so lets just win.....

Ravi
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:58 pm

Yo I’m just start throwing things in this thread that I need reviewing.

Is a motorbike review. I think the sound is kinda fucked and I could have done better graphics. Appreciate feedback in any dealbreakers you find in the video

I also have some general questions. These probably need some research. But some of the more advanced guys could help me guide this.

Should I just make 1 channel for everything to get views up? (I’ll make motorbike video, photography guides and maybe just like landscape walk abouts)

Thumbnail, banner image, bio and thumbnail branding? Anything else that I’m missing when starting the YouTube?

Apart from posting videos and interacting with your audience any other shit to grow the channel? Commenting on other videos etc?

What photography videos do you cunts wanna see? Mirrorless vs iPhone? iPhone vs iPhone with good lighting? The history of cameras? I have too many ideas and need a filter.

Thanks lads
HankMoodyJr

Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:24 pm

@Adrizzle This is sick man, really solid vid. Only thing I would have done differently is spend a little less time on the stills from when the bike was originally bought around 1:00 mark.

I'm no YT expert, but I heard Ali Abdaal say the other day that he thinks people starting out should go really hard in one niche, and then once you've got a good follower base, that gives you the freedom to start branching out to other topics.

In terms of growth, I imagine making Shorts is also going to be pretty important. I'm getting my vids edited in the style of most of the 'viral' shorts - coloured subtitles etc. Lets you repurpose the content a bit better, I think.

Re content ideas, I think you can also look up search results (both YT and Google) for the topics you can make vids about, and see how popular those searches are, how many people are making content like that etc
HankMoodyJr

Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Finished the first 6 months of the content plan for 2023.

Going to need to be super disciplined with scheduling to produce all of this - might do something like 2 days at the start of each month entirely dedicated to filming/writing. I heard JLD from Entrepreneurs on Fire does this; he'll record something like 7 podcasts in a day, do that 2 -3 days of the month and then he has his whole month of content sorted.

Put out a job ad on Upwork today looking for more video editors - my current guy is a bit slow for my liking. Probably going to need to 2 people - one doing sports content, and the other doing poker content so they can work concurrently.

Realised after creating this content plan that I should change the direction of the poker content slightly. Probably need to make more content around the poker player/digital nomad lifestyle. So many people (myself included) got in to that space through a desire to not work a 9-5 and travel, etc. Now that I'm actually doing that, probably need to use it to 'sell the dream' a bit more. Also might help with getting sponsorships and access to bigger/higher stakes poker games in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:35 pm

MakingAComeback wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:50 pm
YUP

I have a group chat I am growing: IronWill Tribe Grind Chat

KYIL principles: ACTION focused. Short, concise messages. No audios. Just SHOW YOUR WORK.

We push, we encourage, we DO THE WORK.

I want true killers and people who are thirsty for blood.

You're welcome to join and try it for a while, anyone is, but we have some rules: if people are inactive, they get kicked. Idea is, it's better to have a small group of guys getting the fuck after it daily, than a bunch of unserious bros who just shoot the breeze.

KYIL & GLL principles always man

GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO SUCK = take action and do the damn work, no excuses

NEVER GIVE UP

All the stuff Andy teaches, we carry that into life

PM me if you wanna join my chat, we want all the guys to have primary BUSINESS goals and if they meet those criteria and are working hard daily, we allow them to show their grind in gym, etc.

Ravi
Yo! Would love to be a part of the grind chat too mate.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:36 pm

HankMoodyJr wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:24 pm
@Adrizzle This is sick man, really solid vid. Only thing I would have done differently is spend a little less time on the stills from when the bike was originally bought around 1:00 mark.

I'm no YT expert, but I heard Ali Abdaal say the other day that he thinks people starting out should go really hard in one niche, and then once you've got a good follower base, that gives you the freedom to start branching out to other topics.

In terms of growth, I imagine making Shorts is also going to be pretty important. I'm getting my vids edited in the style of most of the 'viral' shorts - coloured subtitles etc. Lets you repurpose the content a bit better, I think.

Re content ideas, I think you can also look up search results (both YT and Google) for the topics you can make vids about, and see how popular those searches are, how many people are making content like that etc
Nice man cool to see someone else on the content creation grind. Apart from code it's one of the highest leverage things to do in life for money.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again
HankMoodyJr

Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:07 pm

Hired a new editor off Upwork the other day. Young kid from Nigeria. Dude makes some pretty funny stuff.

He says he should be able to do 2 x vids a week, so gonna run a trial in January to see if he can make the content for both channels.

Tomorrow should be first content creation day - need to do a little bit of scripting beforehand. This process is something I may need to improve going forward.
HankMoodyJr

Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:55 am

First content batching day done 8-)

Uploaded clips to frame.io, and just going through with comments for the editor.

Definitely could have fit more in today, but procrastinated pretty hard. Filmed with a green screen for the first time, and the outcome looks pretty good imo.

Fucked up the initial video I filmed - mic wasn't set up properly so had to do it again. Took way longer though after losing the 'spark' during the middle of the day. Took me a while to get back in to the 'zone' for filming/being on camera.