Tristan's Hustle Thread | 500 SUBS HALF WAY TO 1K LETS GOOO!!!!!

dashedhopes
Name: Tristan
Goal: Increase Sub Count
Motto: Anything is better than nothing.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:45 pm

@GravyTrain It's really hard to say man. You lose a lot of muscle on a cut. But because I'm peeling the fat, the muscle looks bigger and fuller so it's definitely not noticeable.

I have no idea the exact amount but I'm sure it's a decent bit but that's why I take PEDs and eat lots of protein to sustain that muscle.
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Youtube Channel - https://bit.ly/2CbEbKK (Road to 1k Before End of 2022)
dashedhopes

Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:42 pm

First Prank Video - Posted

This is what doing the AA program and having goals will allow you to do.

Enjoy, ehh. ;)

27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

dashedhopes

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 am

Update:

Gotta make better content if I want to get to 1000 subs by 2021

This is a tough tough goal and probably going to be one of my hardest besides my prep for my bodybuilding show but I'm up for the challenge.

First 1000 subs is apparently the hardest.

Things I've done that should help this:

- Realized the importance of SEO

I wasn't putting in nearly enough tags. I was using maybe 3-5 at most when you're allowed up to 500 characters worth. I also purchased a service called Tube Buddy that allows you to see how well you rank for certain tags. They offer several other great features that I will have to learn about utilize a bit more.

- I need to focus on making only content that people are really going to enjoy.

Less vlogging, more prank style videos, More videos that I know will get lots of views. Just finished recording and sending notes to my editor for a Gorilla Mode Stim review. These notoriously have done really well and will get me some commission money as well. Videos like UFC Predictions, Pranks, Reviews, Challenges etc.. are all videos I've done that have done really well and I will have to continue to do in order to get more attention.

- Need to utilize social media even more.

Mainly TikTok but also twitter are platforms I'm going to focus much more on. Tiktok is untapt and 15 year old kids are getting 10s of 1000s of views on content that quite frankly isn't that good. Going to start brainstorming ideas for those sorts of videos. There's a small learning curve on the platform but once I get passed that, it should be easy to put out 15 second videos.

Ideas I already have that well do awesome on there:

Shotgunning Egg Whites (already did this but I feel it'll do well if I do it again on there)
Pushup Progressions (1 pushup normal, 1 clap pushup, 1 pushup with 1 hot girl on my back, 1 pushup with two hot girls on my bad)

I'll only do half a liter or something of egg whites cause I already did 2 liters of it once and that didn't go so well :?

Anyway... I got a lot of work to do AND so do YOU! So let's get to it!!!! <3
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:39 am

Your goal is 10,000 subs by the end of 2021, but have you decided on the quality of those subs?

If your goal is just a big sub number, thats OK.

But from what I understand you want to monetize that audience at some point. So Im not sure what kind of people you’ll attract with prank videos. Will they be buyers? Or Just people bored who need an entertainment Fix?
dashedhopes

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Not really worried about that at this point. I'll worry about that when I have 10k subs.

I really enjoy making those prank videos, they do well for views and getting subs.

Also what evidence do you have that getting subs from "prank" videos have less of a conversion rate?

I know plenty of "prank" channels and channels that feature "goofy" content that have VERY high conversion rates.
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Crisis_Overcomer

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm

I didn't talk about conversion rates
dashedhopes

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Ok so how do you measure "quality" of subs because you mentioned monetization?

Is this just a thought you had? What makes you think all people that watch pranks and entertainment won't be monetizable?
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 am

Hey man, pretty solid plan you posted, good to hear you're getting ready to dial it up a notch.

Maybe you can even frame it that you can reward yourself by doing some vlogs when you get back to 1k subs. I have a feeling they're not the best for getting subs but I did enjoy watching them.

Have you thought about doing "How to" videos? You've pretty frequently done that for random exercises in your vlogs but I mean like a 5 minute video "How to Squat with Proper Form" / "STOP Making These 5 Squat Mistakes" etc.

GravyTrain mentioned a while ago paying someone to figure out how to get videos going viral. That definitely makes sense and I otherwise was going to suggest that you study the people who produce similar content to you but have the most subs and try to connect some dots...anecdotally, "click-bait" titles work (at least for me every once in a while when I'm hardly on youtube and try to spend as little time on there as possible).

Anyway, good luck dude! Keep on reflecting, experimenting, iterating to perfection. Double speed to success by doubling rate of failure. Keep hustling.
Crisis_Overcomer

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 am

To measure the quality you'd need to test with different audiences. So we can't can get a definitive answer.

Also I didn't say they won't be monetizable at all. In 10,000 subs, some will be buyers.

However a couple thoughts on quality:

1) One of my mentors helps online businesses. He's noticed that there's a buying bias from social media to social media. For example, Youtube leads are higher quality than FB ads (quality for me = desire + ability to buy)

The reasoning is that YT leads are actively searching for answers to their problems. On the other claw, FB leads are mainly killing time. The same is true with Amazon leads versus most platforms - if you're on Amazon, you're primarily looking to buy something. Not search for free info (google/bing) or live inside your echo chamber (Reddit, Twitter, Parsler)

This makes me think that you can apply the same reasoning on a platform's different content options. So people who are attracted to (example) "heal your prostate" advice are actively looking to solve a problem and might become buyers. People who are attracted to "funny cats" videos on the other hand? Not so sure they're buyers.

You can make the argument that pranks/funny videos solve the "I'm bored out of my life" problem and I'll agree. However if I had a gun to my head and needed to make money, I'll choose an audience who has one of the perennial problems - health, wealth, relationships etc.

2) I also look at my own buying behaviors. For example, I subscribe to guys I've either bought from in the past or I'm interested in buying from in the future. They all solve problems and mainly have how to content.

Having said everything, I have no idea how you'll monetize your channel so my suggestions might be irrelevant to you.
dashedhopes

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:36 am

@RogerRoger I'm still going to do some vlogs and stuff like that but maybe have some sort of attraction in the title that will draw people in and not just be a simple workout. Something like you mentioned with How to videos and stuff like that.

I've talked to some people that have helped me figure out what I can do to increase traffic to my channel. IE. using other SM platforms like TikTok
RogerRoger wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 am
Double speed to success by doubling rate of failure. Keep hustling.
Love this.

@Crisis_Overcomer Thanks for the detailed response man.

The monetization goal in mind would be to educate kids on fitness and entertain them then sell them a product that allows them to feel apart of the brand/channel. The channels I look at for inspiration for this would be: Soosh, Bradley Martyn, Connor Murphy

The thing is, once you have the audience then you can monetize. I'm not there yet, I'm years away from it. It's better to have a big audience and not have an idea for monetization yet than to have no audience but multiple options setup for monetization in my opinion.

I make some pocket change from being an affiliate for Gorilla Mind and that's all the promoting/shilling I feel comfortable doing right now. It's quite frankly all I have time for right now. Starting an apparel company or finding other ways to affiliate market and solving problems related to health, wealth and relationships isn't what I'm interested in nor have time for. I really don't care about the money, not right now at least.

I enjoy making videos, entertaining people, teaching people and striving towards that 1k sub goal right now.

Maybe even after 1k subs I could start looking at monetization options. I make enough money right now that I'm comfortable focusing on building an audience, which is my main goal right now.

I've had plans for an apparel brand but that got completely shutdown by Covid.

Anyways, you got me thinking.
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

dashedhopes

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 am

Currently listening to this song:

27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

dashedhopes

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:05 am

Haven't posted in here in a while but I'm going to be making some big strides very soon.

I filmed a prank today - working out in an elevator

Not even sure I'd call it a prank, cause I'm just fucking around and getting people's reactions. It was really funny but the audio got messed up.

I had a wireless mic attached to me and then my sister was holding the receiver. But when the elevator closed the audio cut out. All the footage is basically unusable. I'll upload it to the computer and see if it's any good but I doubt it.

I'm going to try to go back by myself either tomorrow or the next day and just hold the receiver with me because the gopro has shit audio.

Main Year End Goal = 1k subs

To get there.. I need to start doing at least 1 prank every week.

If I can put out 6-8 prank videos by the end of the year, I don't think there's any doubt I won't hit that goal.

I was nervous leading up to these videos and having self doubt but I know this is the way. I also learned I FUCKING LOVE doing these. They're so fun and it brings me back to the Approach Anxiety program. I had so much fun doing that program and this is almost the exact same thing. Once I'm doing the pranks, I'm in the zone and nothing can stop me. I don't laugh, I can keep a straight face and crack jokes easily. Feel like I was made for this.

Saying this right now.. I will be the next fitness/prank youtube icon. I fucking got this.

Lets go!

Hope everyone is absolutely slaying life right now because it's all up from here. Gotta just put in the work.
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:14 am

Hey man! Take a look at this channel's movies. Go through the titles. It's top tier catchy titles, and you can see it reflecting in views and subs. Posting this to maybe give you some inspiration (its fitness content aswell).
https://www.youtube.com/c/Browney
.Main Year End Goal = 1k subs

To get there.. I need to start doing at least 1 prank every week.
It's within reach. Succes can be really sudden - one video going viral and you are set.
But there is no shame if you cannot achieve that goal this year. There is no shame in trying and failing. The only shame is not trying, or giving up.
dashedhopes

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:34 am

Year in summation | 2020

Covid shit on my mental health and I've been doing worse mentally than ever before, since I can ever remember.

Weekly breakdowns feeling worthless and utter self doubt.

It's weird though, up until the past couple of weeks after talking to a friend, I didn't really realize that Covid has likely been a large factor to why I'm feeling like this.

Silly, I know.

I just thought I was mentally fucked and needed to seek a therapist/counselor (I still think I need to see one). But what changed for me wasn't from working in an office to working from home, I already do that. And that's likely a benefit for a lot of people that have never worked from home. I went from having an outlet away from home, which is essentially my office to not being able to go out and do fun things with friends. If I did go to see friends then some people around me would criticize me. I think the Covid shit is so stupid it baffles me and I wish politicians weren't just hitting a panic button and telling everyone to stay inside, forcing businesses that are people's life work go bankrupt. It's fucking sad.

This year I wasn't able to:

Start the business I was planning (dependent on marketing at festivals which is completely shut down)

Compete in bodybuilding: You don't want to know how much money I spent on that show just to have it shutdown. Then to see another show 1 month later go through that organizers told me was likely going to be cancelled too. THEN to see people that didn't look nearly on my level win was just yanking the blade they already inserted into my dick.

I got denied into the US: Likely not Covid related but it was my one "holiday" I was going to be able to take this year, and instead I'm stuck in shit ass Ontario.

Anyway enough of the shitty stuff, but I just needed to get that off my chest. Cause fuck, some of that shit had me in tears, literally.

The GOOD

- I made the most money I've ever made in one year. No, it wasn't business related but my job earned me the most I ever have, which is awesome and will allow me to buy this new camera and lens before the end of the year.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/interc ... /ilce-6100
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/so ... e/10383196

This means I have no excuse but to start putting out at least 1 prank video out per week starting in 2021.

- Despite spending thousands of dollars on my prep before it got cancelled, I looked fucking incredible. I put some fitness models and bodybuilders to shame despite using minimal dosages.
Tristan Back Pose1 (1 of 1).jpg
Tristan Back Pose (1 of 1).jpg
leg day reddit pictures1 (1 of 1).jpg
6weeks out tristan project iron (1 of 1).jpg
6.5 weeks out twitter (1 of 1).jpg
- I'm moving away in April to a really swanky ass apartment in a big city where I'll be able to collaborate with bigger Youtubers and have all the nice scenery I could ever want. I think this will help with my mental health a lot since I've hated living at in my hometown for the past 2 years that I've been back.

- I hit 320 subscribers which is far from my goal but I'm still proud of that. If you put 320 people in my house right now, you'd have one massive rager.

- My work is buying me a $6000 setup that will make working online more efficient and allow me more time to put together more videos.

If there's one quote that I've read recently that has helped me the most it's, "You've survived 100% of your bad days, you're doing great"

That's right, I've been down right suicidal and I'm still here and kicking ready to slap the world right back in 2021.

I was meant for this shit and I want to prove that I'm ready to take what's mine.

None of this is COVID's fault or the politicians fault, it's my fault. Only I can take the blame for letting all this affect me the way that it did.

You have full control over how you feel and think and I chose to feel shitty.

Shit happens and it's how you overcome that adversity that makes you a real man.

I'm looking forward to making 2021 the best it can be and ready to drop kick the fuck out of any adversity that comes my way.

Hope you guys had a great year and adapted a bit better than I did.

Happy 2020 and Happy New Year.

Love you guys.

Peace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:14 am

2021 is gonna be your bitch