I've been messing around with uploading YouTube videos for several years now (7 Years). Still I've never managed to make anything from it until last year which was all due to affiliate links.
My previous goals (for YouTube) were:
- Make my first $1 - Done
- Make my First $100 - Done
I plan on only keeping my YouTube goals on this forum. Which YouTube is currently my #2 goal. In reality it's not YouTube - YouTube is just my way of saying build a career/making money in a way that is enjoyable (more enjoyable) - YouTube is the path I want to go down and see what I can make happen in 1-2 years - Could be a nice side income that is also enjoyable along with me learning a lot in the process. If YouTube doesn't work out I'll likely go to college/build a career (or just higher paying job and continue to invest in stocks) on a more traditional path - The Goal is to make 1.5k-2k per month doing YouTube (also includes TikTok) by June 2023.
Current plan is to upload every day. If this ever becomes overly burdensome for me I'll move to 5 videos per week.
I'm still working out on my content - My content is investing - Mostly Tesla & Dogecoin/Cryptocurrency.
I think there is a lot of potential for #short videos. So I'm only doing #Short videos as of right now. I actually like these shorter videos a lot - Just pack as much information into 1 min and upload to YouTube and TikTok. Still the future isn't clear for short videos yet. I find myself enjoying them and I imagine others will also - I also enjoy doing them most videos that are 10 mins long shouldn't be 10 mins long IMO.
May move towards 3 short videos then a couple 5-10 min long videos in the future.
As of right now:
- Goal: 1k Subs/4K Hours - 6-12 months is my estimated time (December 2021-June 2022) (Monetization)
- Upload every day
- Get Ring Light for videos
- May need to improve audio/audio consistency in videos - Some seem to be way louder than others Pretty sure it's due to me talking too loud in some videos/getting too excited (may not be an entirely bad thing still the pitch seems to go a little too high may be able to fix this in editing) Could also be me being further away from the mic (is mounted on the camera) in some videos
- May get a backdrop/LED light that changes color to make the background look better - Current focus is on getting the light and experimenting with this - Backdrop can come later