What would you do with a MINIMUM 10K capital and a MAXIMUM 100k Capital?

ILLuminaughty
Goal: Experience a 3some
Motto: In G.O.D. we trust...

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:49 am

Hi guys like the title says, I have been saving since 2013 and wanted to get your opinions and guidance on what you would do that kind liquid Capital? 🤑

I know because of inflation 2% every year, I'm essentially losing money. But I also appreciate the security. So it's a catch 22...
NewFoundResolve
Goal: Out of debt
Motto: Just fucking do it

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:01 am

Inflation is more like 20-30 percent now for USD so you're losing it much more quickly than you think. If you're willing to have long term investments and can handle volatility, there's cryptos such as BTC and ETH which should 10X compared to USD long term.
GettinItAll
Goal: Monk Mode

Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:31 am

ILLuminaughty wrote:
Hi guys like the title says, I have been saving since 2013 and wanted to get your opinions and guidance on what you would do that kind liquid Capital? 🤑

I know because of inflation 2% every year, I'm essentially losing money. But I also appreciate the security. So it's a catch 22...
Invest in yourself like Andy said, or get a financial advisor and invest in stocks. I would not recommend opening up a brokerage account and investing yourself. Unless you are going to spend all your time analyzing that stuff; a financial advisor will make good choices for you which will give you a 4-6% return every year. Tbh if I had that money, I would throw 85k in the market through an advisor and spend 15k on myself for improving.
Goals:
- get a great full time job in venture capital
- succesful LGD cycle
- get 5 8+/10 girls on rotation through dating apps [0/5]
ILLuminaughty

Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:08 pm

KillYourInnerLoser wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:37 am
Invest in yourself - put some of that towards coaching, personal trainers, mentors, counsellor if needed, video courses, books, experiences that'll help you grow as a human being, etc.

The smartest thing you can ever invest in is YOURSELF. Guaranteed payoff for the rest of your entire life.

You read my mind, I currently see a personal trainer 2 days a week, have lost 50 lbs Since January, and from 28% body fat down to 21% right now. With a gain of 4% Muscle mass because of Keto. And fasting 24-40 hours a day.

I have a dating, coaching mastermind group every week. I have invested in cryptos as well anywhere from 18000 up to 26000 total. Even when BTC crashes 50%. Right now HODL'ing though.

Being in crypto first is going to make it much easier to go into stocks and forex because, they are never that volatile.

I read at least 3 books a week. Looking into other mentors and programs.

My biggest issue is PHYSICAL ACCOUNTABILITY. Whenever I have someone there with me it pushes me to approach. It's like I'm letting that person down more than myself.

Virtual accountability really hasn't worked for me. Now f I had someone in my ear while I had a bluetooth headset on. That would be extremely helpful.

I usually go out 2 hours Friday and Saturday night.

Thanks for all the advice man! 🤩💯
Crypto
Goal: Get Lean (4-6 pack)
Motto: Hard Choices, Easy Life

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:33 am

Traditionally the quickest and most efficient way to make more money is like everyone said also to first invest in yourself. There are many ways to do this, education, learning how to invest in stocks or crypto and taking losses as learning fees (provided you are learning and not punting every time), same with forex, giving yourself more free time to explore something seriously like photography or videography or Youtube (be wary I burned 20k in my early 20's doing this only to never actually do the exploring part in the end). Just the financial angle of why investing in yourself is the best way to go.

Abs Lvl 3 - [82.5kg] ➔ [80kg] ➔ [77.5kg]
Tinder Lvl 1 - [Take Photos] ➔ [Make Profile] ➔ [Get a Date]
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:41 am

You haven't specified (in this thread at least) what exactly your goal is.

Just to avoid inflation (20-30% USD is bullshit, more like 3%)? Just buy the S&P 500 and you'll average 7% per year. Vanguard (and other) ETFs are pretty safe long term investments as well.

If your goal is to turn 10-100k into 10m+ then you'd be better off contacting 100+ of the people who have reached that level.
honeybadger
Name: HoneyBadger
Goal: GET LAID

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:43 am

[ment
Last edited by honeybadger on Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewFoundResolve
Goal: Out of debt
Motto: Just fucking do it

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:51 am

Normally inflation would be 2 or 3 percent, but an insane amount of USD has been created since Covid began, so it will be many times higher this year.
YouBetYourCottonPanties
Goal: 2-3 beautiful MLTRs

Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:26 am

First define a goal - what're you trying to achieve with this nest egg? Are you aiming for FIRE 40? 50?

If you're going to invest, you need to read the Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and understand the models and strategies he writes about. It's really fucking dry. Be prepared to re-listen/reread. From there you can devise a legitimate strategy on how securities play into your long term goals.

What's the real estate market look like in your area? CAP rates? Rhetorical questions. See if they make sense as a stable cornerstone to your portfolio.

Do you have a degree? Diploma? A breadth of interconnected skills and pursuits? While it's fine to say "invest in yourself", it's better to understand what your passions/life trajectory are and create a professional development plan that reverse engineers the path to achieving those goals. Then develop the discipline to incrementally work toward them.

Pay for coaches and consultants to get you past self-identified plateaus. Vet them ruthlessly. Expect them to call you on inaction. A good coach/consultant will push the pace you're used to working at.

Impressed that you started a pod for dating, can you do that for other aspects of your life? If you can, can you also add *tremendous* value to the people you bring into that circle? Are they bringing tremendous value? What does that mean to you?

I can tell you with certainty that 28-40 are the best time to generate wealth, understand and push your limits (i.e. generate self awareness), refine your interests and skills, and foster discipline and habits that carry you forward.
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:43 am

My 2 cents, if you don't have a way to predictably generate $10k (I calculated the "equivalent" of $10k in my country), then you have almost no business investing. Unless you know what you're doing, investing is a lot of speculation, and at best, traditional investments, on paper, generate 8-10% per year. I say traditional, because the "whales" and knowledgeable ones in crypto seem to make a shitload of money. In consequence, a lot of the noobie crypto investors get burned.

What investment has the power to supersede that 8-10% mark? A business. Done right if you find a winning formula, you can make it grow 30% every year. If you have a business that can predictably give you 10k/ mo., you wouldn't be as scared to invest 10k anymore.

I say this because you said you gained this $10k by saving. Believe me, you don't want to invest that in anything speculative. I saved a big chunk of money before, too, and invested it in some MLM shit before. 12 years of savings, gone in a month. So, invest in yourself to find ways to generate more money in more legitimate ways.
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
AGF
Goal: $1,000,000 until 2025

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:55 am

ILLuminaughty wrote:
KillYourInnerLoser wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:37 am
Invest in yourself - put some of that towards coaching, personal trainers, mentors, counsellor if needed, video courses, books, experiences that'll help you grow as a human being, etc.

The smartest thing you can ever invest in is YOURSELF. Guaranteed payoff for the rest of your entire life.

You read my mind, I currently see a personal trainer 2 days a week, have lost 50 lbs Since January, and from 28% body fat down to 21% right now. With a gain of 4% Muscle mass because of Keto. And fasting 24-40 hours a day.

I have a dating, coaching mastermind group every week. I have invested in cryptos as well anywhere from 18000 up to 26000 total. Even when BTC crashes 50%. Right now HODL'ing though.

Being in crypto first is going to make it much easier to go into stocks and forex because, they are never that volatile.

My biggest issue is PHYSICAL ACCOUNTABILITY. Whenever I have someone there with me it pushes me to approach. It's like I'm letting that person down more than myself.

Virtual accountability really hasn't worked for me. Now f I had someone in my ear while I had a bluetooth headset on. That would be extremely helpful.

I am going against the other opinions in this thread and say: chill a bit and stay on the sidelines with your money.

You are already doing a lot to improve yourself. If you keep doing that until the end of the year (maybe throw in some business / investing books depending on what your goal is), you will have a much better idea of what to do with your money. Besides, most investment opportunities look incredibly overheated to me at the moment.

So my advice is: don't do too many things at the same time. It looks like fitness and dating are keeping you very busy right now, so I don´t think it is a good idea to add "investing 10 - 100k" into that mix. Once your fitness and dating life is on a level you are happy with, put those 2 areas of your life on maintenance and pursue new goals. If financial independence is one of your goals, you will need to invest more time than money anyway in the beginning. Just because you have 100k at your disposal will not make it that much easier. You will need to learn the necessary skills first, and that requires your time more than anything else.
ILLuminaughty

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:38 am

RogerRoger wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:41 am
You haven't specified (in this thread at least) what exactly your goal is.

Just to avoid inflation (20-30% USD is bullshit, more like 3%)? Just buy the S&P 500 and you'll average 7% per year. Vanguard (and other) ETFs are pretty safe long term investments as well.

If your goal is to turn 10-100k into 10m+ then you'd be better off contacting 100+ of the people who have reached that level.
The main goal would be to make an average of $50.00 a day, that would provide me with financial freedom.

My Bill's and all expenses, and essentials, plus 125 for entertainment are right around $1100 a month.

It would allow me to dedicate all my "9-5" time to learning how to sale and leveraging those skills.

I live well beneath my means, because I don't touch the 100k I have access to.
ILLuminaughty

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:43 am

AGF wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:55 am
ILLuminaughty wrote:

I am going against the other opinions in this thread and say: chill a bit and stay on the sidelines with your money.

You are already doing a lot to improve yourself. If you keep doing that until the end of the year (maybe throw in some business / investing books depending on what your goal is), you will have a much better idea of what to do with your money. Besides, most investment opportunities look incredibly overheated to me at the moment.

So my advice is: don't do too many things at the same time. It looks like fitness and dating are keeping you very busy right now, so I don´t think it is a good idea to add "investing 10 - 100k" into that mix. Once your fitness and dating life is on a level you are happy with, put those 2 areas of your life on maintenance and pursue new goals. If financial independence is one of your goals, you will need to invest more time than money anyway in the beginning. Just because you have 100k at your disposal will not make it that much easier. You will need to learn the necessary skills first, and that requires your time more than anything else.

This is really good, don't want to spread myself too thin for sure.

I went cold Turkey off my anti depressant 6 days ago. So gotta manage my stress level for a bit.

It seems like building a social circle is an overall better goal. But being Autistic, can really fuck up my game in social situations.

I just have to be A LOT MORE fucking mindful than other people meh...

Try, die, rinse, repeat...
ILLuminaughty

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:45 am

GettinItAll wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:31 am
ILLuminaughty wrote:

Invest in yourself like Andy said, or get a financial advisor and invest in stocks. I would not recommend opening up a brokerage account and investing yourself. Unless you are going to spend all your time analyzing that stuff; a financial advisor will make good choices for you which will give you a 4-6% return every year. Tbh if I had that money, I would throw 85k in the market through an advisor and spend 15k on myself for improving.

Right, doing weekly Dollar Cost Averaging in crypto, although the last 6 weeks have been a blood bath for most people. So taking a break from that.

I have a fidelity account, doing DCA in there as well.
ILLuminaughty

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:53 am

honeybadger wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:43 am
@ILLuminaughty Do you have any entrepreneurial goals/desires?
Yes definitely, I feel like there are just way too many options, and less of them are unethical and legitimate.

I have grown up thinking sales is deceptive and slimy. But that was me thinking way too altruistically.

I have accepted now sales and marketing, and advertising and investing are really the only ways to escape the "ratrace".

Researching heavily right now, on how to be a Remote closer...

Since I have worked from home the last 7 years and in customer service since the last 20 years.

I have a leg up on the majority of people remotely.