SIGMA: From Side Hustle to Digital Nomad (Holy Shit Too Many Free Clients)

SIGMA_1234
Goal: Nomad income & Pussy
Motto: Stop talking. Start doing.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:54 am

Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 am
Are you using any themes like Genesis or Thrive Themes?
Yes I use themes, just not these. I generally use Astra Themes and Envato Elements Themes. I used to build from scratch, but I use these templates and sometimes use them for inspiration.
Your friendly closeted pervert

Goals:
-) Job applications: 5/ day but minimum as 5/week
-) 30 mins. of Mandarin TV shows to improve Mandarin

COVID-19 Quarantine specific:
-) daily home workouts

Side Hustle to Digital Nomad Log
SIGMA_1234

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Just had to log this quick:

I decided to reach out to 2 Facebook groups to do websites for free. And now I am just SWAMPED with requests. I'm clocking at 15 messages to get their websites done. Now, it's up to me to select which one of the people here run successful businesses with solid brands and good services, where a website will greatly benefit them. Let's gooo

Goals:

-) daily home workouts

Radical
Goal: 100 lays
Motto: Take drastic action

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Good man

You'll come out of this with so much experience and hopefully a ton of leads you can actually charge
SIGMA_1234

Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:48 pm

This week has been booked with at least one phone call every night. Very productive. I talked to people from small business owners, factory owners, to startup CEOs.

When I reached out to a Facebook group full of small business owners telling them I will do a website for free, this was the point I was swamped with more than 15 requests. My post in this Facebook group had to take some time to be approved, but when it did, I got way better leads. I actually regret taking up work before all these leads came in; these are way better businesses. But what's more astonishing is how they are currently affected by COVID-19.

One such example is a chocolate factory. They've been in business for 6 years, and they are running their business professionally. They have a nice logo and some really good pictures, and before COVID-19, they were making around $20,000.00 per month (converted from local currency). They were servicing big malls with multiple branches. Now, they are only doing a 4th of that. Devastating. I hope me building a website for them can make me a hero to their business.

I hopped on a call with 4 businesses so far, with 4 more calls scheduled and 10 more I am talking in Messenger. Maybe in a week or 2 I can zero in on 2-5 more free projects from these people.

On another note, I'd like to rant a bit about my dirtshit Mandarin skills:

Holy shit I am shooting myself on my foot if I don't learn Mandarin. There are so much China businesses and factories whose sales reps and websites suck balls in speaking English, and they have such a big market all over the world. I have been hanging around the internet marketing space for a while, so I am familiar of different niches like dropshipping and Amazon FBA. Only if I could speak business-level mandarin, I can be closing these 5 figure deals with these factories! FUUUUCK so much money left on the table. I need to make my Mandarin practice consistent.

Goals:

-) daily home workouts

SIGMA_1234

Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:12 pm

This week, I decided that I will be zeroing in on my last 3 free clients. The 1st 2 clients I am just waiting for some content on their end, so I am moving forward with these next 3 clients:

-) the chocolate factory I mentioned in the previous log
-) a shoe factory family business - 40 years in business, Keds-/ Converse-style shoes for 1/10th the price. They have like, 3 other businesses from their main ones. Perhaps I can do their websites if they like this free one?
-) a paint manufacturing family business - this one I feel has a lot of potential. They're a 3rd-generation family business, and they are seriously spending on their marketing. One transaction in their business starts at $4,000.00. 1M FB Page likes, hiring cute girls as "Paint Babes", everything's good... until you see their shitty website. They're wasting all these traffic they are generating on it. I feel that if I do their website really well, I can easily generate results for them.

None closed, they're still scheduled for a call this coming week. If they still for some weird reason say no, I can move down towards my 20+ client waitlist.

Once I am done with these 5 projects, I plan to charge at least $1,000.00 for the next project. But I aim to close at least 1 $10,000.00 deal (or monthly income, either websites or digital ads), if it's possible. If I can find one deal like that, I can finally say "fuck you!" to everyone and start living my life on my own terms. $10,000.00 is like a year's salary here; getting it from one deal/ month will be insane. But I'll start to aim for $2k/ month/deal first.

I'm just nervous how I will manage my time from this point on. From my family business, to my job applications and other goals, and now to this. But let's keep going. The thought of living the digital nomad lifestyle keeps me going.

Goals:

-) daily home workouts

AGF
Goal: $1,000,000 until 2025

Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Great to see you making moves. 2k/month is definitely possible
2020 goals: