Moderator: Radical

Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:17 pm

SIGMA_1234 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:06 pm
Quick update:

I am a bit giddy tonight. Why? Because I am fucking done with my 1st 2 websites!!! I am currently just showing it to my clients right now, and if nothing else needs to be changed, it's time to hand it over to them and close this project! LET'S GOOOO

Which means I have more time for my remaining 3 websites now.
So? Did they like the websites?
Main goal:

I Will Live Stress-Free In A Nice, Central Apartment By August 2021

Secondary goal:

Completed on 30/8 - I will get laid once, in the next 2 months
I'll upload a video on Youtube for 30 days straight

365 Days Project

Send one email per day to my English list

Days so far: 11/365
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Nomad Income & Pussy
Motto: Action > Perfection

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:51 am

One of them liked it. After some tweaks, I finally handed it over to them!

The other one is a busy guy in his day job. I have yet to hear from him.
Recovering "Nice Guy"

Goals:
-) Job applications: 5/week
-) Make $$$ before lockdowns lift/ a COVID-19 cure is developed
-) US$2k/ month nomad income from a developing country

COVID-19 Specific:
-) Weekly "gym" routine using resistance bands

Journey to Location-Independent Online Business Owner
SIGMA_1234

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:01 am

What's up winners. I finally delivered the 1st 2 websites to my clients. They really loved my work! I am very encouraged from their remarks. I will request a testimonial and write-up from both of them for this. I'm shocked these projects took 2 fucking months, but I'll be able to build my next ones faster from this point on.

Dropped the paint mfg. client because they were actually in talks with a different developer while I was doing pro-bono work. Wtf. Anyway, bid him farewell but played it cool by saying I'll refer clients to them when someone asks for paints, and they'll do the same to my family business.

Time to get to work with 2 of my remaining pro-bono work.
Recovering "Nice Guy"

Goals:

COVID-19 Specific:

SIGMA_1234

Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:03 pm

@Crisis_Overcomer made me think about thinking myself as an online business owner from now on, not just as a digital nomad. So, from now on, I will rename this as "SIGMA: From Side Hustle to Digital Nomad" to "SIGMA: Journey to Become a Traveling Location-Independent Online Business Owner"

Got a video testimonial from one of my pro-bono clients. Greatly appreciated. He really wants me to succeed in this endeavor, and it warms my heart someone would care to see me succeed in this. I will follow up on the other pro-bono client's testimonial soon.

Did the home page of the 2 remaining pro-bono clients. Gonna work as much right now before I go see my date guilt-free this weekend.

One insight I kinda gleaned:
My poor performance in my family business in the day is somewhat affecting my performance on working in my online business. I think No More Mr. Nice Guy mentioned that Integrity in everything is important in masculinity, and I'm just not completely honest in my work in the family business. I'm just wasting my time. It's still a learning experience to be in it.

From now on (I still don't have a way to measure it), I will take my tasks in it more seriously. I will shift my mindset from "I'm stuck here" to "I gotta make the most of it because I won't be here any longer for a while when my online business picks up".
Recovering "Nice Guy"

Goals:

COVID-19 Specific:

Luke95
Name: Luke
Goal: Freelance biz

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:19 pm

SIGMA_1234 wrote:
Got a video testimonial from one of my pro-bono clients.
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda jealous. A video testimonial is super impressive and obviously authentic (not fake).
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:37 pm

SIGMA_1234 wrote:
Got a video testimonial from one of my pro-bono clients. Greatly appreciated. He really wants me to succeed in this endeavor, and it warms my heart someone would care to see me succeed in this. I will follow up on the other pro-bono client's testimonial soon.
Ask them: Is there anyone in your circle who would like a similar website? Doesn't have to be the same industry.

You'll mention that while you won't create a website for free, you'll only ask for a fraction of the price. Plus, as a bonus you'll also throw in XYZ bonuses (no idea what those are)

Don't neglect referrals. They can make your life so much easier. Getting clients is hard. If you can multiply them, do so.
Main goal:

I Will Live Stress-Free In A Nice, Central Apartment By August 2021

Secondary goal:

Completed on 30/8 - I will get laid once, in the next 2 months
I'll upload a video on Youtube for 30 days straight

365 Days Project

Send one email per day to my English list

Days so far: 11/365
SIGMA_1234

Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:01 am

@Crisis_Overcomer my plate is still full with my current pro-bono client base. Just worried if I ask for referrals now, I can't service them right away.

Or if I ask for referrals down the line, I'm not striking the iron while it's hot and it's harder now. What do you think?
Recovering "Nice Guy"

Goals:

COVID-19 Specific:

SIGMA_1234

Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Did a crazy amount of work for the choco mfg. client of mine. My free projects are supposed to be only 5 web pages, but I underestimated this project. Thinking about it, I could have easily charged Php 100k ($2k) for a project like this. To give context, that price is equivalent to 3-5 months bare minimum for me if I will live alone. This is because:

-)It is such a huge project, counting at least 35 web pages.
-)This client also graduated the same university as I did in engineering and is a hustler in building the brand. Lots of social proof in place.
-)But she doesn't give a flying fuck about marketing, which is good because she has TONS of potential when I finish this site and when she implements my suggestions with this site.
-)Very big transaction sizes. One sale in the website can mean she will make back that money right away.

I realized that this will also mean that doing on-page SEO for each page will be a nightmare. Oh well what have I gotten myself into. But it's design side is almost done. Will start transferring it from my test server to proper hosting for them. Only bottleneck: I have missing pictures, and their scheduled product photoshoot will be in November 11, which means that's the earliest I can finish.

Now starting to do more work for the shoe mfg. client. I expect that I will have also underestimated this project, as they have a lot of products in line, too. Seriously, I believe I can charge high-ticket for this, too, because as a factory, I expect them to have big transaction sizes, too. But oh well, it's a free project. Live and learn, but these are the types of high-ticket local clients I am looking to target anyway, if and only if I decide to target local clients and build relationships.

I just realized how much work building a website for a good client takes. No wonder people charge good money for this; a proper website strategy should fit well into their marketing funnel and generate a good amount of sales and money for the client. I am also starting to think of how I will structure a contract after these free websites. I have a basic consulting contract template from Sam Ovens, and I am thinking of adding some things to it:

-) Set a deadline (14 days after signing) for client to submit all relevant content to me when we start the project. That way I can finish the website as fast as possible.
-) 50% upfront, 50% on completion.

I also struggled with purpose when doing my online business: shoutout to @AGF for helping me here. I was starting to feel lost in my purpose doing this, but he shared to me something awesome. He told me purpose is important, but it shouldn't be overcomplicated. Told me I got a shit ton of time to think about purpose, but making money should be a precedent first so I had the time and lifestyle to think about it. Told me my main motivation to do this is should be to live life on my own terms, first.
Recovering "Nice Guy"

Goals:

COVID-19 Specific:

SIGMA_1234

Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:08 am

A bit tired and got off a call with one of my choco client to work on the backend of their website with analytics last night. Had to use their account to set it up, and I couldn't do it myself even with their passwords. Google and Facebook are pretty strict with the security of their accounts recently, and I need to set another time to schedule with my future clients to do this. Such a pain in the ass to plan for another call.

Need to work on the shoe client, too. But missing some inspiration to create a good design. Still, for me design comes secondary to results.

One of my recent wins in web design:
New Optins (Hidden Business & Names).png
One of my websites are generating results for my clients in terms of new opt-ins. So proud of it. Gonna use this as another form of testimonials for new clients.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Recovering "Nice Guy"

Goals:

COVID-19 Specific:

SIGMA_1234

Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:12 pm

Choco mfg. client gave me some new content to work on their website, but bulk of their content will be filled after Nov. 11. Site structure is near completion, waiting on the remaining content.

Shoe mfg. client is still a work in progress. I am lacking inspiration for a design for their site, so I dunno how things will go from here.

@KillYourInnerLoser wants to have me on for another episode in the podcast, but he wants me to take another 2 months to make more progress. Because of that, I aim to finish these projects before then, and I should land a paid project before January.
Recovering "Nice Guy"

Goals:

COVID-19 Specific: